TOTTENHAM v thieving scouse bin dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A great game! Sadly on the wrong end of the 3-2.. but it was their back yard and we gave them a good game. 2-2 would have been great but hey.. onwards!

I am sorry, I don't think it was a great game, we were just way too sloppy with our passing and giving away possession at times. They exposed us with pace and were quick to press us in to mistakes, they were a strong opponent, no doubt.

We didn't give up and came back twice and that shows tremendous character but we gave unnecessary goals away and I think we didn't play to our full potential, that's not to put anyone down, I agree with the point earlier that we were mentally tired from that North London Derby.

For it to be a great game I think I would have expected us to have started better, not been so exposed to the break and create a little more going further. I believe that a great game needs both teams to be going at their maximum and I don't think we were quite there.

I am sorry, I don't think it was a great game, we were just way too sloppy with our passing and giving away possession at times. They exposed us with pace and were quick to press us in to mistakes, they were a strong opponent, no doubt.

We didn't give up and came back twice and that shows tremendous character but we gave unnecessary goals away and I think we didn't play to our full potential, that's not to put anyone down, I agree with the point earlier that we were mentally tired from that North London Derby.

For it to be a great game I think I would have expected us to have started better, not been so exposed to the break and create a little more going further. I believe that a great game needs both teams to be going at their maximum and I don't think we were quite there.

so.. the HOME side should have just let us play football and turn them over.

We did okay, away from home against a team who (and the media) think very highly of themselves. 3-2 was a good game

so.. the HOME side should have just let us play football and turn them over.

I didn't say that, I am saying we needed to be a lot more disciplined in possession, they could have easily been 3 up on us before we equalised and this was because primarily Mason & Lamela had made a couple of loose passes (not to say they had bad games, they got better) and they broke very quickly and left us exposed. That's not asking the home side to lay down and let us play,

Have to say the way the players seem legitimately gutted about losing is pretty pleasing. You could see it in their faces last night and in their reactions since. Vastly different from previous seasons.

Watched the Liverpool game on BT Sport last night. I could only hear "Everywhere we go", not one song from Liverpool. Yids doing us proud.

My excuse for not going? I've been to Anfield four times. I've not seen Tottenham score a single goal there.

Think we got the subs a bit wrong in hindsight.

Rose: Should have been taken off was a very poor game and was a bit all over the place, even with a good performance by Liverpool's young winger.

Eriksen: Can't disagree he looked very tired and Chaldi was the obvious replacement.

Mason: tired but why the fuck Paulinho, Mason might have well as got himself sent off, at least Stambouli can pass and tackle and has some sense of where he should be on the pitch. I always get depressed whenever Paulinho warms up on the bench one of the worst players I have seen at Spurs.

Anyone see the rugby last night?
258D062800000578-2948377-image-a-19_1423610688450.jpg

Have to say the way the players seem legitimately gutted about losing is pretty pleasing. You could see it in their faces last night and in their reactions since. Vastly different from previous seasons.

Phil Neville was mentioning that last night (he was the pundit for the US yesterday) and he said that that was great to see from us because "all the great teams have that". It wasn't one or two chippy players lashing out- it was the team fighting together and not at all liking defeat.

This is a great sign.

I cannot think of one reason why he didn't get a red for that. It has no place in football

It's not a red card, but I must admit I was sat thinking the same just afterwards yesterday. It was so incredibly cynical and unsporting, and we had Dembele storming down on goal in a two on two if he hadn't done that. Could've easily led to goalscoring opportunity.

It's not a red card, but I must admit I was sat thinking the same just afterwards yesterday. It was so incredibly cynical and unsporting, and we had Dembele storming down on goal in a two on two if he hadn't done that. Could've easily led to goalscoring opportunity.
There was a far greater chance of scoring than - for example Cahills challenge at WHL that had him sent off. It was the manner of the foul, rather than the fact that it wasn't a bone crunching tackle.

Back
Top Bottom