TOTTENHAM v thieving scouse bin dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The very fact that we're disappointed in not winning away to Liverpool (and came pretty close to getting at least a point having just played an intense 90 mins against the Scum) shows the expectations we have of this group of players. Instead of melting into a puddle of piss, feel pride in the glory that this team is bringing us, and look forward to Spurs getting ever stronger as our young team matures.

The liverbird is a cormorant , they kill trees by covering them in shit.

I think that's all we need to know ...deduct them points or throw them out of the league , it's only fair .

Still frustrated this morning. I think it's more to do with the fact we could have went 7 points clear of Liverpool and into third, or at least stayed 4 points clear of them and gained on United and Southampton. Instead we went away with nothing, conceding late on and now staying 6th, teams above us with a chance of going further ahead with easier run ins and Liverpool are now a point behind.

I think tiredness set in both mentally & physically. The worry is that we are going to have lots of games in a short space of time. Do we play better but tired players. Or rotate more with weaker but fresher players?also u increases the chances of injury if u are overplayed. We could end up burning out. Our priority has to be beat the chavs. So id rest some players for the game before. I dont think theres a right or wrong answer really. Managers just have to make a judgement call & balance things how they see fit.

good playing ,pity for the final ,we deserved 1 point al least,shit happens...
we won against Woolwich with a goal scored in the 86 minute...3 days later ,losing almost in the same way.

Cant belive some are moaning about the officials. they gave us a free kick which wasnt that lead to the 2nd goal. & kane was offside for it too

Still frustrated this morning. I think it's more to do with the fact we could have went 7 points clear of Liverpool and into third, or at least stayed 4 points clear of them and gained on United and Southampton. Instead we went away with nothing, conceding late on and now staying 6th, teams above us with a chance of going further ahead with easier run ins and Liverpool are now a point behind.
It will be like this EVERY game of the season form now on. One week we could jump 4 places only to drop 4 places the week after. Expectations at the beginning of the season were so low I am amazed we are in the hunt for this season, I simply can't feel dejected at a loss so long as our players put in a shift which they did.

I see some of the people who thought we didnt need new signing are already saying our squad is too thin & we were too tired yesterday.

Next round of fixtures is a big one. We've got to beat West Ham at home with Liverpool away at Southampton and Woolwich with a tough game against Palace. In reality its so tight we're all gonna swap positions numerous times until the end of the season. We have been on a great run really and now we have a good week to recharge the batteries get the team back up for the important games we have coming up.

After the clusterfuck that was last season, the fact that we have beaten Chelsea and Woolwich convincingly, are in a cup final and still have everything to play for in Europa is an absolute godsend.
Don't forget we are in a "transitional phase" and everything I mentioned is well above anything I expected from this season.
That goal hurt last night but fuck it, We now have almost about 12 days off before West Ham where we will absolutely smash them

I am not melting here, but yesterday was one of the reasons I never got overly excited about winding Gooners up the other day. IMO I think they will still finish above us.

YES I was very impressed with how we beat the scum. YES I am optimistic about the future with our young players. YES I love Poch and think he will do a great job.

BUT, if we crash out of the EL to Fiorentina, lose to Chelski in the CC and finish 5th or 6th and go in the shitty EL again, it will be another Spursy season for me.

Let the 'disagrees' begin.

I agree although things could turn out different ....
...We could beat Florentina, beat Chaves in the CC and finish 4th because the Scum will occupy 5th. That would be a good season. Positive- we are a good team and will bounce back.

I want to stay in the EL as i feel we can do well in it.

Cant belive some are moaning about the officials. they gave us a free kick which wasnt that lead to the 2nd goal. & kane was offside for it too
dons that reflect how much the officials influenced the game?
They did have a poor night, made some bad choices and interrupted the game too often. Down issued too many yellow cards because second fouls were going unpunished.

The good news is that if the players were looking a little tired (Kane, Eriksen, Mason and Bentaleb were the ones that caught my eye), the squad now has quite a nice break until the next match, plenty of rest before we go again.

Shit happens, can't win every game and let's not forget the absolute tonking we gave Woolwich a couple of days ago.

Some of you lot need to climb back in the freezer.

I can’t be too disappointed with the late goal last night; we’ve done it to enough teams ourselves this season, even though Balotelli scoring is the Spursy cherry on the cake.

Didn’t watch the game as I was out eating a burger the size of my head that had glazed donuts instead of a bun (fucking donuts!). So every cloud.

DO NOT let this take the shine off the absolute dicking we handed to the nomads on the weekend, we were superior to them in nearly every aspect on and off the pitch. Not getting a result at a ground that we have only ever won at 7 times in the leagues history is not going to spoil that.

I remember a time when we where so shit that beating Woolwich (and perhaps a decent cup run) where the only things worth bothering about.

If our support now went to see a shrink they would be dishing out lithium hand over fist.

A great game! Sadly on the wrong end of the 3-2.. but it was their back yard and we gave them a good game. 2-2 would have been great but hey.. onwards!

A great game! Sadly on the wrong end of the 3-2.. but it was their back yard and we gave them a good game. 2-2 would have been great but hey.. onwards!

Considering the last three times weve played them they've won 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0.

Its a steady improvement at least!

Considering the last three times weve played them they've won 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0.

Its a steady improvement at least!

Oh of course! We matched them.. and they were challenging for the title. They are about where they belong and we are improving. We will best them home and away next season I am positive on that.

I really do think the players are working their arses off lately, just as Poch's pressing is showing in the way we play.

It's fantastic to see, and you can see the effect it's having on our performances. It gets the fans right up for it, when you see 2 or 3 players fighting for the ball, and most of the time, we are getting it back in good positions.

One player deserves a mention IMO, and that's Lamela, he is working tirelessly every single game. Yes it may not be working for him going forward, although, let's not forget about the great but of play and assist for Kane's equaliser. But his work rate and defensive play really is outstanding.

I am truly looking forward to the future under Poch.

Back
Top Bottom