Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can’t recall him saying exactly that

More like against certain teams with certain set ups we may be better without Kane?

KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy
Correct, we look much more fluid and dynamic against attack minded teams when Kane is not playing. Our match the other day against City is an example. This is also how we were successful on attack in the run up to the CL final - we scored a lot of goals.

Of course, we'll need a traditional target man and a player like Kane against teams that sit back in their own box as Son/Lucas/Berg etc. are not adept in those type of situations.

Correct, we look much more fluid and dynamic against attack minded teams when Kane is not playing. Our match the other day against City is an example. This is also how we were successful on attack in the run up to the CL final - we scored a lot of goals.

Of course, we'll need a traditional target man and a player like Kane against teams that sit back in their own box as Son/Lucas/Berg etc. are not adept in those type of situations.
Yup

I’ll go along with that

Wonder if he’ll start on Thursday?

I can’t recall him saying exactly that

More like against certain teams with certain set ups we may be better without Kane?

KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy

Might have got the wrong guy to be fair. But someone has definitely mentioned more than once now on here about Harry slowing down our attacks too much, which is absolute nonsense of course. And that person never mentioned once he meant only in certain games.

Might have got the wrong guy to be fair. But someone has definitely mentioned more than once now on here about Harry slowing down our attacks too much, which is absolute nonsense of course. And that person never mentioned once he meant only in certain games.
So you can’t substantiate your accusation then??

Thought not but it suits your Kane fanbois narrative doesn’t it?

You’re so transparent

Someone???????

lol 😆

I can't be arsed to start looking back and trying to find exactly who said what and when. Certainly not for you anyway. Whether you believe me or not I really couldn't care less. You're an absolute bell end.
It probably was me that said it but that's just my personal view -

Against, certain teams Kane does slow the team down and clogs the middle of the pitch meaning less space for our runners. We're better off having Son play up top with Lucas/Berg /Dele supporting him against teams that come out and attack. These guys play well off each other and have the pace to run alongside one another.

I've noticed that when Lucas is playing alongside kane, he can't run through the middle of the pitch and is pushed of wide where he's much less effective. Same story with Son.

How many players did we see carry the ball and drive through the middle of the pitch yesterday? Berg/Son/Lucas etc. It was a joy to watch and more importantly, very effective. Had Kane played, unlikely we'd have that sort of threat from all angles.

Last edited:
Saw this elsewhere...

Manchester City’s starting XI against Tottenham yesterday was the most expensive in history at £550m.
💰

Each player cost an average £50m.
🤯

On top of that, Manchester City's bench cost £380m.
🤯
💰

Fuck them!!

Ndombadboy said it:

I've said it before many times, saying it again. We are a more dynamic, fluid and possibly better team without Kane. We looked immense today.

Can't wait to see Kane sold and bring in players that will help improve our team.

Totally agree mate. He slows the whole team down. Way too much influence on the way we play.

Champions League quarter final - also when we played without Kane who slows our attack down.

Dunno if many managers would be happy with their DOF having little chats with their subbed off players...didn't look like Hojbjerg was entirely comfortable either...
I was thinking the same. He was also shouting at players (while Hitchen awkwardly getting up and punching the air to mimic). Too many chefs in the kitchen…?

Back
Top Bottom