Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the goal :

whoo-hoo.gif

Considering there was about 10-15% availability of tickets, the stadium from what I could tell didn't look like it had obvious gaps in attendance. There were some on here worried that it would look bad on us.

100% agree with this. I have to admit that I have felt quite disconnected from the team for the last 18 months or so. Although there isn't a bad view in the house, my old seat was near the back of the West stand and the players were miniscule; then not being in the stadium just compounded that feeling of remoteness. Now my seat is second row from the front and I can see the whites of their eyes and I can actually witness their effort and determination. That tackle by Davinson was right in front of me and to see his face when he made it - priceless! The singing of 'When the Spurs' after we scored was probably the loudest I can remember, and the explosion of noise when Sonny scored would have been heard in Seven Sisters. The Tanganga ovation brought a lump to the throat and was well deserved. When we pull in the same direction, our supporters are the best.
Nothing beats a win like that, still smiling today, not much of a voice mind :)

Great post.

Being at Sunday's game really did reignite my Spurs passion.

Even the day out itself, seeing the old sights, remembering to get cash out as the Olive still refuse to accept cards :harrylol:

I can't pretend the same fixture last year(*) wasn't extremely commendable too, but this wasn't backs to the wall shit..... Lovely stuff.

Given the shit-fest of a back-drop to the game; was a very proud boy yesterday.

(*Which KDB did start btw, Beech Beech ...... We've handled him in the past and we can do it again.)

As Jose said after that game when questioned about City’s possession

‘they can have the ball and we’ll have the points’

We out thought them then and this season we outfought them

By the same token it was a good time to play spurs without Kane. After city tapped him up.
After all we are the Harry Kane team...pep said so

Not according to some here. We're a MUCH better team without Harry, apparently. And always have been. Apparently.

He slows the play down too much...

Not according to some here. We're a MUCH better team without Harry, apparently. And always have been. Apparently.

He slows the play down too much...
Aside from his lack of professionalism and loyalty shown in the past few weeks, we are of course better off with one of the best strikers. You can stop now.

Back
Top Bottom