Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CCV - What a player he's gonna be. We're in safe hands when Jan and Toby get old and wise.
Wimmer - Like a technically gifted Daws. Lead CCV admirably tonight. Should be pushing Jan.Where have you been?!
Winks - I did not realise he was that good. Granted, it was Gillingham but his distribution, his movement, his composure were all tremendous. Dare I say, Modric-esque?
Onomah - Beefed up and was excellent, link up play was awesome and that was some finish
Trippier, Carroll and Davies - Did what professionals do, lead the youngsters with solid performances. Nowt flashy, but they never are. Trippier may be the best crosser in the squad.
Lamela and Eriksen - Unfair. Just unfair on Gillingham to play against players that far above them. Especially when they both decide they were gonna mack it. Made the night comfortable, allowing others to thrive.
Janssen - Missed a load but who cares. Looks to be an excellent buy. Hold up play was as good as I've seen anyone in the last 20 years for Spurs. All the attributes to be a very good #9.

N'Koudou - Moments of excellence (that pass!) but seemed too keen to impress. Seems ambitious with his passing not unlike Lamela which'll both frustrate and impress. Pace is ridiculous. Raw but he'll be very useful off the bench with great potential
Edwards - Poch was right, he is very reminiscent of Messi. Those one-two's off the wing, jinking past a player to shoot on his left. Such composure and confidence for a 17 year old. Be excited.
Wilkes - Did his job, didn't really get enough time to show what he's about but another debut is very impressive.

I am fucking hyped.

P.s. Oh yea, Vorm.

That's us probably out as I think klopp will put out a much stronger team.
At least we will be on TV!

Great performance tonight & a lot of bright young players in our ranks.

West Ham v Chelsea. ..
Mam Utd v Man City
Liverpool v Us...

Someone wants some high profile matches for their little Cup!!

HOT BALLS anyone?

...oh... and Arseanal with a gimme against Reading!

If you're gonna fix it, at least make it seem feasible!

Hello Spurs fans, wandering Gills fan here just popped in here out of curiosity to see what sort of squad you guys thought you might be playing and just to see how excited you all are to be playing the Mighty Gills. On another note from what I understand the game will be being streamed as it is being aired abroad. I think you can watch it on bet365 as well.
good bye .

When will the next round be?

Winks and Onomah looked very good, the team as a whole looked decent but the gills were really terrible so hard to draw strong conclusions. Solid performance by the youngsters

Shame that draw means we won't see Winks, Carter-Vickers, Onomah and potentially even Edwards starting again. Should be a good game though.

Back
Top Bottom