Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we Wembley bound?

Gillingham beat Watford in round two. They came form behind to beat Watford in extra time. Gillingham have not won a game in their last 4 out of 5 since the victory.

Manager Is Justin Edinburgh, whoever he is?

Win for me and march on.

Last edited:
Gillingham also have these two Spurs legends in their squad. One of them was a poor Lewis Holtby without the social media skills and the other one a legend among Merseyside's finest! :angryscouser:

Jamie-OHara-533x400.jpg

40d3286f-b3ae-41b2-a900-05c591a2aad2_800.png

We have the squad to cope with this!
Using the "2 players for every position" theory, we could conceivably use the '2nd' player for each position, and be just fine!

----------------- VORM ----------------
TRIPPER WIMMER CARTER-VICKERS DAVIES

------------------ WANYAMA WINKS -------------

---- ONOMAH -- CARROLL -- N'KOUDOU ----

------------------- JANSSEN ------- row Z >>>>

---------------- VORM ----------------

Vorm
Trippier-CV-Wimmer-Davies
Wanyama-Winks
Sissoko-Carroll-N'Koudou
Janssen

What... did you just 'cut-and-paste'??
:pochrolleyes:
(Apart from Sissoko/Onomah...
i've just noticed!) :pochbye:

Gillingham also have these two Spurs legends in their squad.

Jamie-OHara-533x400.jpg

40d3286f-b3ae-41b2-a900-05c591a2aad2_800.png

Greavesie, Chivers, Hoddle, Blanchflower & Perryman are in esteemed company it seems!

Well that's them 2-0 up already then...
Konchesky with a screamer, and O'Hara with an annoying tap in after a Vorm fumble!
Justin Edinburgh to wrap it up with a 3rd as a late sub... having received clearance from the Football League to register as a Player/Manager during half-time!

Liverpool St station might be a bit busy with the spammers at home Wednesday as well, although I'm not sure if they all drink at Jamies Italian now instead.

Liverpool St station might be a bit busy with the spammers at home Wednesday as well, although I'm not sure if they all drink at Jamies Italian now instead.

...do me a favour, there's a Spud-U-Like, KFC and Subway in the Food-court at Westfield... they'll be sneaking their brown paper bags full of White Lightening & Lagerpiss in there I'm sure!

Personal interest in this. Back in 52 my grandfather was a guest of the Royal Navy in Gillingham doing a course on naval artillery. During the weekends he and the other Israeli sailors would take the train to London and watch football. Spurs were flying high so he took a liking of them.
Ever since all of my family are yiddos.

3rd string for this please

We have the squad to cope with this!
Using the "2 players for every position" theory, we could conceivably use the '2nd' player for each position, and be just fine!

----------------- VORM ----------------

My seat is in the South Stand upper tier. If Janssen is playing, I'm bringing a safety helmet.

:ap:

Greavesie, Chivers, Hoddle, Blanchflower & Perryman are in esteemed company it seems!

Well that's them 2-0 up already then...
Konchesky with a screamer, and O'Hara with an annoying tap in after a Vorm fumble!
Justin Edinburgh to wrap it up with a 3rd as a late sub... having received clearance from the Football League to register as a Player/Manager during half-time!
We had tottenham players scoring in winning teams all over the weekend, Palace, WBA, Watford and us I might add. Theres no room for X players to score and win on Wednesday.

--------------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------------------
-------------Carter-Vickers---Alderweireld---Wimmer--------------------
Trippier------------------------Wanyama-------------------------Walker-Peters
-----------------------Sissoko----Winks----Eriksen---------------------------------
-----------------------------------Janssen--------------------------------------------

Subs : Lopez, Vertonghen, Walkes or Amos, Carroll, Lamela, Nkoudou, Son.
Squad : Walkes or Amos, Onomah, Edwards, Harrison.

2 - 0 win (Sissoko & Janssen).

--------------------------------Lopez---------------------------
Trippier------Carter-Vickers------Wimmer------Davies
---------------------Winks--------Onomah-------------------
N'Koudou----------------Edwards-----------------Eriksen
-----------------------------Janssen----------------------------

Back
Top Bottom