Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Super game. Controlled from start to finish. Not a bad player on the pitch. Special mentions for Winks who was beautiful to watch, with Carroll next to him they ran the midfield. Lamela looked sublime, I know I bang on about his work rate but to see him pressing like a dervish 5-0 up in the 80th min fuck me, name me one player in the league that does that, just 1? Winner and CCV didn't put a foot wrong.

Up the Spurs!

Gillingham were pants, they probably wouldn't have even taken west ham to extra time, injury time or pens, they were that shite.

But we can only whoop what is in front of us and our squad looked pretty damn good. Poch as yoda is pretty much confirmed now. Onomah looks so much more confident on the pitch, still very early days but you can see he feels like a premier league player now but raw. Winks continues to impress. Edwards debut felt like the start of something special.He is tiny, I have Nokia camera phones rotting in bedside drawers older than him.

All eyes were surely on Janssen. Really like the look of Bince. He runs his nuts off, holds the ball up and despite not scoring, no-one else was taking that penalty. As soon as it was awarded Janssen had the ball and was taking it. Have to remember he is still only young as well.

Even though the competition was weak, thought Lamela and Eriksen worked well together.

Co-existing isn't something that has come easy to them.

tumblr_odvjltO09c1r8e765o1_500.gif

tumblr_odvjltO09c1r8e765o5_500.gif

tumblr_odvjltO09c1r8e765o6_500.gif

tumblr_odvjltO09c1r8e765o9_500.gif

tumblr_odvjltO09c1r8e765o7_500.gif

It's probably been posted but something about Nkoudou coming on and Eriksen going off changed Onomah, he'd been pretty average and suddenly got pace, strength and desire seemingly from nowhere.

Winks as has been said was brilliant but I also think Trippier needs a shoutout.

Gillingham were gash, but it was a good chance to build confidence and chemistry, hopefully that has been achieved somewhat tonight.

I love Nkoudou

My favorite part of the match was how the support was getting behind Janssen as his efforts kept coming up short. Everyone knows how important it is to back him now that Harry is out for, last I read, at least 2 months. No boo boy nonsense. Just give him your best, and hopefully that will get things firing. With each shot wide the crowd just kept getting louder. Gave me the tingles.

A goal from open play would have been nice, but the PK will do for now, and you could tell he was fired up to finally get one down on the stats sheet, and the lads were all so happy for him too.

COYS

My favorite part of the match was how the support was getting behind Janssen as his efforts kept coming up short. Everyone knows how important it is to back him now that Harry is out for, last I read, at least 2 months. No boo boy nonsense. Just give him your best, and hopefully that will get things firing. With each shot wide the crowd just kept getting louder. Gave me the tingles.

A goal from open play would have been nice, but the PK will do for now, and you could tell he was fired up to finally get one down on the stats sheet, and the lads were all so happy for him too.

COYS
Yep I think he had a good game. Kept getting in the right positions, which is most important, and played Lamela through nicely for the fifth. If he hadn't have scored the penalty he'd probably still be trying to score, and would have missed Lamela - him getting off the mark will be good for the whole team now

Even though the competition was weak, thought Lamela and Eriksen worked well together.

Co-existing isn't something that has come easy to them.

Ssssh don't say that, Gibbsy will be out to tell you they cannot play together. :eriksenlol::lamelaaghh:

Albeit it was against Gillingham on League 1.

Still a fantastic result and great account of ourselves with a good mixture of yoof and first team. Janssen is off the mark, don't care if it was a pen, a goal is a goal. Onomah also got his first goal. Winks shown that he looks like an able squad player for the midfield.

Let's go up to the dippers and do it again.

Back
Top Bottom