Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Emerson did alright. But alright in Ange system will mean slow build up. Anyone who's defending Emerson should rewatch the game and see how easily dispossessed he was, how slow he was in passing, how predictable he was in his passes (he probably only passed to Kulu, Romero and Biss) he couldn't even dare to cross ffs given all the time and space that Wolves players have no interest in closing him down anymore in the 2nd half.

At one point we had a fast break, and that was only because Romero zippy pass found Johnson. If that pass was made by Emerson, he would have taken a few more touches to jog forward and make a slow pass instead.

The difference between him and Porro is immense. I wouldn't have thought that was the case, but perhaps Porro has grown so much that Emerson, being no fault of his own and doing things alright without much mistakes, is becoming the weakest link in Ange set up. Which is why I no longer as pissed with him as when he was playing Conte ball, but more sorry for him that the game has evolved past him.

He has to be upgraded and sold next season.
He was no more easily dispossessed than Maddison or Son and no slower in his passing than anyone bar Romero.

Again - he's second choice. Hes a scapegoat and it's pretty pathetic really

In fact some clowns on here blamed him for the second goal when he stopped one of the best wingers in the league one on one, forced him wide and to check back - but apparently it was Royals fault Bissouma didn't track Gomes run 🙄

Watch and wait. I can see the RMs of this world approaching VDV and Vicario in a year or two. Expect Levy to sell cause they'll be demanding salaries they are worthy of. We'll then again start a new rebuild.

If you want to keep world class players, you have to pay them world class money and you have to put other world class players next to them so that they can win something. Not everyone is Harry Kane.

ENIC and Levy Out.

Watch and wait. I can see the RMs of this world approaching VDV and Vicario in a year or two. Expect Levy to sell cause they'll be demanding salaries they are worthy of. We'll then again start a new rebuild.

If you want to keep world class players, you have to pay them world class money and you have to put other world class players next to them so that they can win something. Not everyone is Harry Kane.

ENIC and Levy Out

Yes that was one of the two badly misplaced passes I referred to. Porro also misplaces passes. Udogie has done it several times directly to the opposition costing us goals and points.

Emerson is second choice. blaming him for the poor performance of our first 11 is ridiculous. He was no worse than anyone today and better than a hell of a lot of them. That's my point.
All footballers misplace passes. However knocking a pass over a colleagues head for a throw is almost inexcusable. It killed the attack and gave the initiative to Wolves.

The difference is that with Porro it's "what's going to happen now" .With Emerson it's "when will he screw up"

I'm not blaming him for today as he was no worse than most, but that's a pretty low bar.

Another 10-15 games and the fans will start to turn on Ange while still ignoring the cancer at the heart of the club.

The cycle is predictable, we've all seen it before.

I'm seeing people making excuses about fatigue and needing a break?? Why? We have played 5-10 less games than the sides around us, and we can't even play a game a week without looking lethargic apparently.

All of them need a boot up the arse.

Stop all the laughing and joking, all the high fiving and filming each other on your phones that I keep seeing on the official training vids and start getting fucking serious.

Today was not acceptable. Zero points from Wolves is not acceptable.

Stop making excuses for them, they have one game to play a week and cant even manage that.
Club has always gone the same, nobody takes us seriously at all.
We remain a joke of English football.

Indeed why w
Starting Richarlison and then not giving him any service is something i'll never understand.
e never crossed the ball in the air or failed I don’t understand. Our corners were pathetic. We had one in the 2nd when losing I think and kulu plays it short and we the then proceed to go back to our centre half’s.

Indeed why w

e never crossed the ball in the air or failed I don’t understand. Our corners were pathetic. We had one in the 2nd when losing I think and kulu plays it short and we the then proceed to go back to our centre half’s.
I hope Son can take our corners and free kicks more than occasionally. Need not always be Madders.

And also I am feeling that the players perhaps are feeling the fear of losing creeping up on them. The gung-ho-ness seems to be diminishing so the passes they made are getting less risky, hence many passes are safe passes and uninspiring/useless. Hope they will be back motivated soon in the coming 2 weeks.

Struggled to draw with United and Everton, beat Brentford, Brighton and now lost to an average looking wolves.

Let's just throw in laborious late win against Sheffield Utd, 9 man Liverpool,

Actually, this'll take too long.

United at home, Newcastle at Home, Burnley away. That's about the only 3 wins where on the whole, we've looked convincing. Arguably arse and city away are the 2 best performances but they're draws.

The rest has for the most part, been boring fucking tippy tappy shit.

Back
Top Bottom