Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should be aiming higher. For years the ENIC supporters have been telling us we've been punching above our financial weight. Well they can't have it both ways, chum. Europa League and 0 domestic trophies is a massive under achievement.
The way Ange plays, need to give him a squeeze in his first season.

Squad not there.

Just can't cover injuries/suspensions properly.

Though if he's going to still want players like BJ, he'll be digging his own hole.

We defend narrow and Wolves always play with width, they are always going to make problems for us.
That is every team. Why Ange thinks it’s a good idea to have no width in our defence wide areas I don’t know. We just contest middle areas with so many players like Emerson and Davies who are never goons do anything in those areas. Might as well just play proper midfielders there. What are we trying to achieve. We look far more threatening when Davies was on the overlap or some other player went on the overlap.

I think we need a plan B for games against teams that use low blocks! They all know to just pack the box and we will eventually put in a poor cross only for it to be cleared! We need to entice teams to play out against us and then use the pace we have to counter them!
That’s what we do!! You are not countering a team that plays out from the back. What you are saying is let them have the ball and then try win it near our own goal and counter from there??? So basically conte tactics?

Early out of the cups to fulham and no Europe to contend with. Villas squad is not much better then ours and they have europe
They don't play Angeball.

More robust, balanced game.

Can tolerate squad deficiencies much better.

Ange's system can't survive in the prem without proper quality back-ups imvho.

Utter cack. People will single out Richi and Emerson but as a team we are playing with zero intensity. Where is the energy? Where is the aggression?

We started the game like we were 5-0 up, playing at walking pace. It was like the last days of Conte out there. Do these players want to be in the top 4 or not? You cannot win a PL match by walking around passing sideways.
Keep saying that we play like we’ve won already 5 up
And Brazil 1970 without the ability or pedigree. Other teams like the goons and dippers go out and wipe the floor . Goons have scored 11 goals without reply in 2 away games. They don’t have too many good players. We can only dreams. Think we have scored > 2 goals in about 4 games this season. And we have let in two goals now for how many games?

Get ready for the palace game to be exactly the same.

Teams now know how to play against us and we don’t change a thing. We haven’t played well since the Newcastle game.
Can't have only one style of play and no plan B in the Premier league. he might have gotten away with that in the Scottish farmers league but he is being found out now and it really hasn't taken teams that long to suss him out.

That is every team. Why Ange thinks it’s a good idea to have no width in our defence wide areas I don’t know. We just contest middle areas with so many players like Emerson and Davies who are never goons do anything in those areas. Might as well just play proper midfielders there. What are we trying to achieve. We look far more threatening when Davies was on the overlap or some other player went on the overlap.
The reason for it is it’s better to concede the ball in a wider area but what we don’t do is get out quick enough. We amble out and let teams get a 2v1 too much or VDV is dragged out wide to defend but maybe that’s what Ange wants. We don’t have enough width going forward especially when teams sit in. We are easily to play against because we’d rather have players making an underlap rather than overlapping! It drives me insane. It’s easier to defend because to stop the cross you have less distance to close down!

FBs are crucial to our attcking play.

We had prorro/doggy today, we'd have been ok imo.

Shouldn't have to be your opinion. It's fact

Our squad depth meant that today, Davies and Emerson were playing as 8/10s in offence. Our two least creative footballers....

Even if we had better back up, we'd have been okay.

Hopefully Porro and Udogie will be back in 2 weeks time.

Upside - I’m home earlier than usual by dint of leaving early (yes, sacrilege I hear you cry - well, the writing was on the wall from early on and I pay an obscene amount for the ‘privilege’ of sitting in near deathly silence every game).

Downside - that’s us finished this season. Teams with bigger bollocks will dare, achieve and have fun. We should all know by now that this tinpot outfit will never have nice things!

Tactics - yeah, let’s talk XG, inverted wingers, pressing and low blocks! Nah. Bollocks to that. Make mistakes get punished. Can’t keep the ball, pass incisively, beat yet man and shoot on target - you’ll get nothing.

We’ve got our Tottenham back! Meanwhile proper football teams are doing what proper football teams do….
100% agree. The game is littered with utter shit terminology and stats now. If you can’t control the ball,pass to a team mate,cross and sometimes even shoot then it’s sad. That’s what our front players struggle to do consistently over 90 mins. I’m usually a glass half full but today was easily my lowest point of the season.

Difficult to find any positives from the game. We were predictable, lethargic and sloppy in key areas. Losing Udogie and Porro hurt us but there needs to be a better plan B than asking/expecting Emerson and Bendy to play roles they're not suited for. It played into Wolves' hands as they're strong counter attacking through those channels.

Let's see if we can learn from our mistakes. I think a 2 week break might be what we need. Refocus and work on the various problem areas that have been exposed in the last 3 - 4 games. Most urgent thing is to solve the RW position.

I think at the start of the season, teams had no idea how we would set ourselves up as a team to play but the longer the season has gone on, because we play the same way with the same system game in & game out, teams have learned how to counter us. We need to mix things up a bit, maybe put an extra body in midfield & play with 2 attacking players instead of the 3. Even mid game, if things are not going for us, we rarely change the set up & way we play, we just make a few substitutions but the system doesn’t change. We have become too predictable
Keep saying that . Drop the wide forwards. Keep the FBs wide like most other teams instead of hiding them in the centre. I mean what are Davies and royal doing virtually next to richi in the centre circle. Put extra player in midfield if you are gonna shove the FBs there anyway and play MADDs behind front two.

Back
Top Bottom