Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another awful half of football. Our defensive awareness on the goal and the corner before the goal is laughable.
Thought we would really kick on getting oriole back etc but we have been really poor for a long time now.

Front three were non existent that half. I love Kulu but he ain’t right. He’s offering us nothing today.
Maddison ain’t right yet
Sarr and Bissouma? I don’t know. They were ok I guess?
I know Davies isn’t Destiny, but again he was solid.
Romero was solid.
Emerson….woof

And Mickey…..what a player
This is exactly how I saw it.

Davies has been totally fine on the right. They are overloading Emerson and it’s working.

So easy to play against. So easy to defend against. Everything so fucking slow and no energy in it at all. What do they practice with defending set pieces. Absolutely awful defending corners.

I think at the start of the season, teams had no idea how we would set ourselves up as a team to play but the longer the season has gone on, because we play the same way with the same system game in & game out, teams have learned how to counter us. We need to mix things up a bit, maybe put an extra body in midfield & play with 2 attacking players instead of the 3. Even mid game, if things are not going for us, we rarely change the set up & way we play, we just make a few substitutions but the system doesn’t change. We have become too predictable

Emerson, don't need to say anything but my god Richy has absolute trash holdup play. He's a weakness outside of the box, you will get a counter attack opportunity by putting players on him.

giphy.gif

It's the same every week at the moment since circa Xmas - performances are nowhere near good enough, results like last week can't keep masking it, and eventually you'll get found out.

Common threads in all these games of piss poor possession structures, unable to control the ball/game, can't progress the ball, lack of fluency and incision in the final third, daft errors with the ball, and the pressing intensity has gone and in recent weeks we're just wide open for oppositions to attack.

Individually where do you start, several of them barely able to control or pass the ball to a team mate.

Needs a big reaction second half, the performance currently you can't hope to win a game of football.
All of this is true.

No need to single out players in the blame game. This was an under pair team effort and performance, and also on Ange.

Big 45 coming up, but I'm quite comfident we can turn this around still.

Get the positives out of the way first.

VDV is the best all round defender in the league. He’s just a brilliant defender and someone you want in your team. Romero excellent too. Ben doing ok in a foreign role for him.

The negatives watching that first half is the front 3. We will never improve because they can’t keep the ball well enough. They are all such a mixed bag with Sonny being the better of the three. Richarlison is having a shocker but might still pop up with a goal if he gets to come back out at half time. I’d take him off though. Deki needs to take his caravan off!!

Madders trying and is making good runs and if we do score it will be from something he does.
Sarr very energetic and not playing bad but need a wee bit more. Biss is not dictating the way we saw him earlier in the season but he’s not playing bad either.

Royal is torture in there and far too slow on the ball. Once it goes into him in the inverted role the game has to go up in tempo but he slows it down more. Its ok Romero doing it because he is drawing players out to pass into midfield to then open and quicken the game up.

Right now is bring on bentancur for biss and Werner and Johnson on for deki and richy and put Sonny up top.

Whoever gets the next goal is the winner.

Another shite first half.

Attackers have been awful, especially Richy. Fullbacks are a massive drop off as expected.

We're in the top 4 but what the other three top teams do is choke the opposition with relentless pressure and control. We are unable to do this as our front three are not threatening enough in their general play.

So we encourage the opposition and let the game get bitty and then start complaining about shitty referees.

Another Ange hair-dryer required but this routine is getting tiring.

Side note: why the fuck do we never get the benefit of long injury times in the first half? 4 minutes when that prick Lemina was down for at least 3 minutes faking injury?
Well said, Sir.

Could've mentioned that cunt Dawson too. Fucking embarrassment of s big unit he is. Pretty shameful game plan from O'Neil too...wasting time, trying to get us sent off, scoring on the counter and closing up shop in the 2nd. Must've learnt that at Spamland.

But still, we've been shite. Shame Madders ain't playing...

The whole team has been playing like this? We've had zero attacking threat for months? What are you talking about, we've literally broke our record for most PL games scored in a row.

So you thought we looked good against Brighton, Everton, Brentford, man city in the cup, Burnley, Bournemouth and United? Nah

Scoring goals does not equal playing well, wouldve thought that was fairly obvious but whatever

Back
Top Bottom