Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a waste of a day, just got home after watching that shit. The players have dropped into the classic Spurs fatigue that happens every season, of them turning lazy and unbothered. Happens under every manager. Not sure what we put in the water at the training ground. But today was just pathetic. So ponderous in and out of possession, no aggression on the ball, players scared to shoot, players challenging for the same ball. It was all u organised dross. It’s been coming though let’s be fair.

That's our problem right there. We are not flexible to changing situations. We only seem to play a high line. It seems that's all that Ange cares about. Or at least spends most of his time coaching.
He must do something with our DM and our FBs. It's not just about scoring goals. We have to stop them too....
yes.

we could have been down 3 or 4 zip at HT had they taken their chances

What a waste of a day, just got home after watching that shit. The players have dropped into the classic Spurs fatigue that happens every season, of them turning lazy and unbothered. Happens under every manager. Not sure what we put in the water at the training ground. But today was just pathetic. So ponderous in and out of possession, no aggression on the ball, players scared to shoot, players challenging for the same ball. It was all u organised dross. It’s been coming though let’s be fair.
Maybe this is true. It's either a real thing or it's just confirmation bias of some kind. If it IS true, then maybe the problem is that, unlike other tops teams, we don't dope? Dippers and Shitty clearly dope, there's evidence and history of it. Count Dracula probably has some spare blood he's giving the other villains and there's no reason to assume Legoman didn't grab that doping docs number on the way out.

Our medical history would suggest we don't dope (doping improves recovery and ours is shit) and you wouldn't get a fade-off mid-season if you're paying for the good stuff. One thing is for sure, if we ever win the PL, we'll be the only team ever to do so the 'right way'*.

*Fuck you, Joe Hart, you proper muppet.

Today although never a good thing when we get beat at least it keeps things in perspective, we’re a team in transition and there’s a lot of work still to do a new team with a new coach who hasn’t even had 30 games under his belt yet. There is plenty of positives regarding the club irrespective of today’s result or not being at our early seasons best so looking forward to the remainder of the season and see what unfolds
But we are a club that, is always in transition, when do we stop being in that mode.
When do we become a club that, makes us proud and stops being a soft touch that people laugh at.

But we are a club that, is always in transition, when do we stop being in that mode.
When do we become a club that, makes us proud and stops being a soft touch that people laugh at.
I feel like we're getting there in the next season or two. Everything is in place, we've geared up to take that step and we've just started lifting the toes... I think maybe we just need a bit of patience. We're getting ahread of ourselves because we had a great start. If it weren't for the shit-show last year, maybe our expectations would be well-founded, but hey-ho.

We play so passive like manager on the sidelines. I mean his not really inspiring anything? In the crowd you can hear everyone saying move the ball forward and quicker. However all we do is sideways and go back.
but isnt that the essence of ANGEBALL?
i actually dont quite get it - I have said it before - this ANGEBALL is different than that of CEltic and Yokohama and trust me= I have seen plenty of those.

The current Ange Ball is way too slow and LESS direct.

People kept saying - we need a striker,,,we nnnnnnneed a striker.
No you dont. You wont be creating enough chances fr him if any at all.
We need to re-think defence. You keep saying you have the no.1 and no 2 BEST centre backs in the EPL and the best Goalie. So why are we leaking so many goals & vulnerable to counter attacks???

I feel like we're getting there in the next season or two. Everything is in place, we've geared up to take that step and we've just started lifting the toes... I think maybe we just need a bit of patience. We're getting ahread of ourselves because we had a great start. If it weren't for the shit-show last year, maybe our expectations would be well-founded, but hey-ho.
Mmmm, I'm not sure mate, it's the same pattern as always for me.
New manager comes in, slight uplift for a bit, then drift back to poor results and performance levels.
I hope your right, but I think it's just business as usual.

We have a very promising manager who has moved us on quickly from what went before but today proves we are miles away from competing for any trophies and probably CL this season

i actually dont quite get it - I have said it before - this ANGEBALL is different than that of CEltic and Yokohama and trust me= I have seen plenty of those.

We need to re-think defence. You keep saying you have the no.1 and no 2 BEST centre backs in the EPL and the best Goalie. So why are we leaking so many goals & vulnerable to counter attacks???
Begs the question, why are we playing it differently from his usual MO.

The players aren’t working hard enough further up the pitch that’s why. Our closing down and our pressing was all over the shop today and looked so disorganised. They’ve got lazy. Maybe believing the hype too much.

We had Son & Kane duet super strikers for few seasons but we had Dier, Davies and Royal at the back.

Now Kane gone, Son out of sorts moody, Richy on and off, Kulu having average season, Wermer desperate addition, Maddy back from injury and Johnston is young but not top player BUT we have excellent back 4 in Udogie, Porro Romero and VDV.

The mid is average now and then, may be slightly better now but marginal.

It's called SOD's law.

We have a very promising manager who has moved us on quickly from what went before but today proves we are miles away from competing for any trophies and probably CL this season
Its the EPL - the best ? in the World.
If he cannot adapt after successes in other minor places/leagues - then EPL will be is Waterloo.
Let's see if he will adapt to the EPL.

Back
Top Bottom