Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PL teams (coaches and players) are superior to those leagues in Australia, Japan & Scotland. Once they understand Ange’s system, they will learn how to nullify it (as has been the case on several occasions already this season).

Ange has to have a plan B and maybe a plan C too, especially when we are missing players that fit his plan A.

Good on you. Nothing wrong in you having faith in them. I just see it very different & think it’s time for a change. I think we can do better than a league cup every 24 years. & the last 2 seasons I think we could have challenged for the title. New owners & a chairman who can actually win stuff.
You have belief in us winning stuff under enic & levy & are surprised when we don’t. Where as I expect it based on 24 years of evidence. I’d feel really fake & cringy if I acted shock when we win nothing as always under them.

We all feel & see things differently. I respect how you feel about it all. I just naturally don’t feel the same way. Not my fault!

Anyway. Let’s cheer on city to beat Chelsea to salvage the day a little bit at least.

I’ll be honest with you, I had some belief in Ange and this project. I still do but I have no faith in the current owners because they’ve never proven that they can do it.

You take out Porro and Udogie and replace them with Davies (in fairness was OK) and Emerson(shocking) and we become clueless, endlessly cycling the ball across the back/midfield

Oher than the usual excellent supects (VdV and Vicario) almost the rest of the team were invisible and/or dreadful. Special.mention must go to Son, Richarlison, Kulusevski. Subs were no better.

This break may come at the right time so we can get them fit.

Wolves were good but we regressed to the dark days of Mourinho/Conte.

We didn't dominate shit. This was a peak Luis Enrique performance. Toothless passing just for the sake of it. Did the same against Everton.

Well we did. We dominated the ball and territory.

What/how could we have done things differently with the players we have? Genuine question. What would you have done?

Or would you prefer we went back to playing like Wolves did today every week like we were under Conte/Nuno/Mourinho?

Today Sonny accurate crosses 1/4 and Kulu went 1/7.
I also saw someone mention these two (almost completely) ignoring the overlap.

It really felt like when the ball went wide all forward momentum stopped. Wolves got back in their shape and we'd move the ball sideways or have someone dispossessed.

Really unfortunate timing to lose both Pedro and Udogie because I doubt Destiny heads the ball THAT wide at the very end.

What/how could we have done things differently with the players we have? Genuine question. What would you have done?
Take risks. Where is the risk-taking that we saw at the beginning of the season? Everyone is playing it safe. Even Maddison is not trying a killer pass or to take someone on, he's just passing it sideways. I don't care if we lose when we are trying to have a go at the other team. The only time that one of our players took a risk, we ended up scoring from it.

Bissouma the key in playing out under press, they didn’t do that. Maddison a bit disappointing, but it’s hard against a compressed bus park, but we can’t just rely on midfielders to create. Our forwards contribute so little creatively, that’s where we need to improve massively.
I can't get over the fact that we spunked 50 mil on Johnson

It doesn't give me much hope that we'll sort this pathetic forward line out in the summer

Think Ange and team need to learn for next season, the scheduling for training needs lightening.
Really? Maybe you should contact Ange and his team of top, highly paid coaches, physios, doctors, et al and tell them how they're going wrong. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom