Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd be tempted to fly the lads out somewhere for hot weather training or something this fortnight. Change of scene might help. Sonny still looks knackered to me and Maddison still isn't back to his prior levels, so perhaps the two weeks off isn't the worst thing.
Seems to have done the scum the world of good.

I appreciate the overall sentiment, but that’s not how professional sport works. There’s not some mythical point when everything suddenly clicks.

From where we were and, more importantly, how we were playing, limping to 6th or 7th in the league is a regression and the team need to accept that.

There has to be anger in the team. If there isn’t, we’ll never get anywhere.
It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't limp out of the cups.

Take risks. Where is the risk-taking that we saw at the beginning of the season? Everyone is playing it safe. Even Maddison is not trying a killer pass or to take someone on, he's just passing it sideways. I don't care if we lose when we are trying to have a go at the other team. The only time that one of our players took a risk, we ended up scoring from it.

Really poor take. Like something from the proper footballer geezer playbook.

The pitch was compressed into their third, it’s not about “not” taking risks it’s about there being no space to take them.

We didn’t score from taking a risk, we scored from a couple of lucky bounces and a toe poke through the keepers legs. They scored from us taking risks - IE Bissouma trying to dribble in a crowded spot.

You don’t beat bus parks by just doing stupid stuff and ceding possession, you beat it with patience and intelligence and if you are lucky a bit of brilliance- something our forward line is very bereft of.

We definitely need a player (or two) who can dribble 1v1 and better, more intelligent and technically proficient forwards. But even then we’ll still get the odd game where we get skanked by a bus park.

So? Once we did start kicking a ball we looked set for top 4. Falling out of it now, especially with Maddison and Son back, is a failure. It’s not June 2023 anymore.
The point is that it's still progress and although a missed opportunity perhaps, better than we expected. I'm just trying to put some perspective in place. For everyone including me.

I can't get over the fact that we spunked 50 mil on Johnson

It doesn't give me much hope that we'll sort this pathetic forward line out in the summer

150m on Richarlison, Johnson & Kulusevski.

hank azaria GIF

What is it anyways? Just playing inverted wingers and saying look at me I am a revolutionary coach. We creat hardly any real chances and scramble some towards the end when we actually try to cross the ball. Otherwise it is slow ponderous sideways and backwards passing with no urgency , intensity or pressing. Where is the aggression and determination to win the ball, beat a man, shoot, cross, etc!
I ain’t seen ange ball for weeks

Think this result was coming, poor against Everton, lucky again Brighton and shit today.
Apart from utd away, can't remember the last time we played well, most of them are back from injury and competitions now, so no excuses for this poor form.
Can't keep clean sheet, defence is poor every game, we just give up too many chances.

Think this result was coming, poor against Everton, lucky again Brighton and shit today.
Apart from utd away, can't remember the last time we played well, most of them are back from injury and competitions now, so no excuses for this poor form.
Can't keep clean sheet, defence is poor every game, we just give up too many chances.
We were bang average against a shite UTD side too

What is it anyways? Just playing inverted wingers and saying look at me I am a revolutionary coach. We creat hardly any real chances and scramble some towards the end when we actually try to cross the ball. Otherwise it is slow ponderous sideways and backwards passing with no urgency , intensity or pressing. Where is the aggression and determination to win the ball, beat a man, shoot, cross, etc!
Exactly how much the player’s supposedly love the man they ain’t showing it .

Really poor take. Like something from the proper footballer geezer playbook.

The pitch was compressed into their third, it’s not about “not” taking risks it’s about there being no space to take them.

We didn’t score from taking a risk, we scored from a couple of lucky bounces and a toe poke through the keepers legs. They scored from us taking risks - IE Bissouma trying to dribble in a crowded spot.

You don’t beat bus parks by just doing stupid stuff and ceding possession, you beat it with patience and intelligence and if you are lucky a bit of brilliance- something our forward line is very bereft of.

We definitely need a player (or two) who can dribble 1v1 and better, more intelligent and technically proficient forwards. But even then we’ll still get the odd game where we get skanked by a bus park.
I’d like to see us be able to play 3/4/3 and try and bring the best out of Maddison. Even someone like Kulu would perhaps benefit more in that setup.

The obvious problem we have today is that our wingers are so poor, we can’t stretch the play. And then, when everything gets narrow, we don’t see any clever movement from Richie or (inexplicably) Werner as the 9.

I’d almost prefer to see us try a 4/4/2 with Son/Richie.

Is a little bit concerning how Maddison, Bentancur and Bissouma have all looked like shadows of their former selves since coming back from injuries. Bentancur maybe was inevitable with an ACL but still.

That is the big thing we need to fix. On paper we have a killer midfield but not with all of them off it.

I think we need a plan B for games against teams that use low blocks! They all know to just pack the box and we will eventually put in a poor cross only for it to be cleared! We need to entice teams to play out against us and then use the pace we have to counter them!
but we dont play this style.. counter attack/

we cut back frm the flanks & move in /lateral or pass back

Is a little bit concerning how Maddison, Bentancur and Bissouma have all looked like shadows of their former selfs since coming back from injuries. Bentancur maybe was inevitable with an ACL but still.

That is the big thing we need to fix. On paper we have a killer midfield but not with all of them off it.
We need frimpong and nico on the right side

Back
Top Bottom