Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we are playing a team sitting in like that in the second half why not take Davies and Royal out if it and put in players that can actually play. Put bentancur in for royal and Lo Celso in for Davies. They can pass and move and might just create something. If they score again it doesn’t matter because we are losing anyway. Taking madders of unless he was injured is fucking ludicrous no matter how he’s playing. He might just do something brilliant.

I said they would be level in points by the time we play Palace and I think that’s likely now - they have a couple of easy games
Utd's position is crazy - they've won so many games they didn't deserve (measurable in the xG of them, yada yada) and just don't pass the eye test. Then again, obviously, we're hardly setting the world on fire at the moment either.

I'd be tempted to fly the lads out somewhere for hot weather training or something this fortnight. Change of scene might help. Sonny still looks knackered to me and Maddison still isn't back to his prior levels, so perhaps the two weeks off isn't the worst thing.

We don’t need quick, we need another like Madders with a bit of flair and quick thinking for a short pass.
We can't play Son and Richie together, both offer nothing creativity wise and they killed almost every attacking move today.

We need wingers than can fucking beat a man and I will start Salomon on the left once he's fit.

Royal should't play, he's too slow on the ball, allowing the other team to organize, and makes too much mistakes.

Our defense is hopeless, we doesn't even seem to train.

I didn't offer any, just admiring your use of meaningless and tired old favourites when we don't win.
Saves you having to bother thinking about something apposite or original.
Yes, because I have continuously said he doesn't have a plan B haven't I?

It isn't just a logical conclusion I have come to based on recent performances and my ability to have an opinion that can change based on evidence.

Not all of us are troglodytes that are incapable of thinking beyond our own egos and having the ability to not stay rigid in our positions Mick.

I have praised Ange constantly for the majority of the season, even when he has made changes to influence games and help us win them, however, he isn't immune from criticism and I think teams have figured us out and I think tactically he needs to adapt and have a plan B, all the great managers do.

Title race over now, yeah? As if some really believed we ever had a chance. City, Pool and Woolwich are zillion lightyears ahead of us.

Villa start winning again, they're better than us. Newcastle & United been worse than should really be, otherwise we'd be nowhere near top 4. That ain't melting, that's the damn cold hard truth.

We're just a very ordinary team full of average players, a team who can only play one way. Can't defend. Can't score. Won't fight (bar Cuti, Micky and a couple others).

Wolves, Brentford, Brighton, Everton...they've made us look like shite.

Let's not even mention our glorious cup 'runs'.

Nuno/Mou/Conte and Poch to a lesser degree would've been hammered for such performances on the regular. But can't blame Ange, makes you a melt/gooner etc.
The thing is all the teams you mention who are light years ahead of us have had a manager who has been given multiple windows and lots of backing to shape the squad in their eyes!
Ange has not even been here a season

We are not testing the keeper as much as we should in many games already. All the passes are just useless, making ourselves to tired while opponents reserve their energy to counter. Fucking create more openings to shoot ffs.
Johnson, Werner, Richy, Son can all be erratic in possession. They don't help you control games.

Kulu is normally more assured on the ball but he has his faults. Extreme one-footedness and slug-like pace.

It's just not a very well balance set of forwards to perform Angeball.

We basically need two Neto's either side of Son.

Awful result, awful performance!!

4 goal chances at home??? Wolves our new boogey team!!

Feels like top4 are slipping now, we are so out of form it hurts 🥴

That Chelski game totally derailed our season.
Yeah, if only Kane had stayed, and m'Bappe had taken a 70% payout and signed because he believed in "the project!"

Last edited:
We can't play Son and Richie together, both offer nothing creativity wise and they killed almost every attacking move today.

We need wingers than can fucking beat a man and I will start Salomon on the left once he's fit.

Royal should't play, he's too slow on the ball, allowing the other team to organize, and makes too much mistakes.

Our defense is hopeless, we doesn't even seem to train.
This is painfully obvious but Kulu is our main man to do this.............:ange-confused:

Fucking shit. Losing 6 points to a Wolves team who had just gotten battered by Brentford and Sheffield United is unacceptable.
This was one of those matches that we should've won without any issues, considering how "easy" on paper our schedule is until April (when it becomes incredibly difficult). This is the most annoyed I've been this season since... Wolves away.

Sadly what Woolwich have in Rice is the stature and type of midfielder we need , and what Liverpool possess is the kind of attacking potency we lack. City have both.

Ww are in a sh!t patch and need to dig ourselves out and quickly, but new players are needed in the summer. No doubt at all.

Back
Top Bottom