Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worrying tbh. I've never seen a back 4 and midfield so open. Attacking pattern of play is biggest concern against sides that sit in. Very tippy tappy football. I thought Angeball was play forwards and forwards quickly.
"I thought Angeball was.."

We are in a bad spell, for Gods sake. You think the plan today was this?

Maybe Ange got it wrong with personell today, but it hasn't clicked for a while, and we are still an ongoing project

We are not testing the keeper as much as we should in many games already. All the passes are just useless, making ourselves to tired while opponents reserve their energy to counter. Fucking create more openings to shoot ffs.
very true. Our passing in attacking play has no sense of danger to it. It's soooo predictable and slow, completely lacking in invention!

Why "laughing stock" - we were a complete mess at the end of last season. This has been a brilliant transition season so far.

Are you one of those kids who think football is just social media banter and you're worried your whatsapp mates will dig you out?
It's been another nothing season in a long line out of nothing seasons.

Out of both cups early, 5th-8th in the league.

Every chance United catch us now and they are fucking shit

With the Spurs system it's about keeping the pace of play up so the other side can't settle in and that starts from out the back. Not excusing the flat performance, but missing both full backs meant that tempo never got established. It allowed Wolves to get their feet under them and they played well. Disappointing, but fixable.

Hoybeers cross there sums up our general crossing play. Just hit and hope with no actual thought process and intention behind it
Only way we can play is if the other team doesn't press us, defends high and leaves plenty spaces in behind. That's when you see Angeball. Unfortunately not many teams afford us that luxury in the PL.

Weirdly some teams still smash 6 past Spam, 5 past Burnley, 4 vs Brentford...

Tactics aside, it has to be said that our front three were for the most part absent, Maddison and Biss are still shades of their former selves, and dropping destiny and Pedro was always going to play a role.

Not excusing ange here though. Set pieces remain an issue, inability to keep a clean sheet, struggling to break down a low block, and looking void of ideas in general when we struggle still some glaring issues.

Poor performance but I’m finding it tough to assign blame to one party or another here. Work to do all around.

Back
Top Bottom