Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m no Levy fan

I just choose to believe in the team I support i until the season is dead. Even when it gets difficult like today.
Good on you. Nothing wrong in you having faith in them. I just see it very different & think it’s time for a change. I think we can do better than a league cup every 24 years. & the last 2 seasons I think we could have challenged for the title. New owners & a chairman who can actually win stuff.
You have belief in us winning stuff under enic & levy & are surprised when we don’t. Where as I expect it based on 24 years of evidence. I’d feel really fake & cringy if I acted shock when we win nothing as always under them.

We all feel & see things differently. I respect how you feel about it all. I just naturally don’t feel the same way. Not my fault!

Anyway. Let’s cheer on city to beat Chelsea to salvage the day a little bit at least.

It’s one thing playing this way in a pub league like the SPL where you’re playing against vastly inferior opposition week in week out, the teams you’re playing against are not good enough to punish you. Its a totally different ball game trying to play the same way in the toughest & most competitive league in the world. We need to have a plan B, not just blindly carrying on playing the same way
Had Wolves taken all their chances, we would have got rinsed.

In the Summer Ange has to look beyond Richy and Son.

If Ange insists on playing like this, we have to score more.

If not, what's the point of constant pressure with no return, leaving us wide open at the back?

We have become predictable, No excuses with so much time between matches to work with the players , yes we are missing both full backs but that was such a poor performance today!
Ange needs to sort this out and quick!
I think he needs to learn to adapt to how teams play against us, we simply don't have the forward players to keep digging ourselves out of holes now that teams know how we play.

But you know, if you say he doesn't have a plan B, then you're a melt etc.

We've been fucking awful and lucky to not be down by three or four. That there's a goal
In it is just fortuitous. Increasingly, week by week we've been getting worse but people refuse to call it out.

We are just in the early stages and we've been rocked by injuries but folks surely do have eyes.

We only have one way of playing and it's been figured out.
Wolves sitting back and countering is their modus operandi. Was always going to frustrate.

Frankly, I don't fault Ange for either of their goals (someone should have defended better on the corner, and likewise Bissouma in particular needed to be tracking back better on Neto's breakaway). Do I want our performances to be better/more consistent? Of course. Do I think that we need to improve to become unplayable regardless of teams setting up specifically to stifle us? Also yes.

The melting, however, is extraordinary - and frankly I think anyone wanting to toss the baby out with the bathwater right now rather than see how this plays out through this season and after the summer is insane.

No one looks like the know what they are doing off the ball. Someone picks the ball up and just sits around waiting for movement and no one moves. If they do, the runs overlap into each other.

Several times Maddison and Davies just ran into the same space. It happened elsewhere too.

Oh, and Emerson = anti-football. Porro needs to stay healthy or we’re fucked.

I am not that pissed off TBH.
I kind of got a sense from Ange's presser that he thought the game was up.
Not one but both our FBs out.
And to compound that Sess injured again.

No one looks like the know what they are doing off the ball. Someone picks the ball up and just sits around waiting for movement and no one moves. If they do, the runs overlap into each other.

Several times Maddison and Davies just ran into the same space. It happened elsewhere too.

Oh, and Emerson = anti-football. Porro needs to stay healthy or we’re fucked.
He didn’t have to play Royal. So predictable, Romero could have played there

Sooner or later, our luck was bound to run out after the last few games, the worrying thing is ,our injuries have lessened but still very little improvement. It’s hard to see how this squad can get any better. We are easy to read, no speed, no plan B, thank fuck for the early great start this season, or we would have been struggling.
The message is out, to beat Spurs, park the bus and counter attack with speed.
I mean we are missing both our Full
Backs and Son may as well have not played but yeah still no excuses really, It was obvious how Wolves would set up and we just gave it to them on a plate!
Today watching us was like
Rubbing salt into your eyes!

Its always ridiculous mistakes that turn the tide against us, we are all over them and Bissouma in a threatening position lets the ball roll under his foot and they're off to the races, almost happened again later.

Back
Top Bottom