Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're finally getting healthy......

bike fail fml GIF

For as much as Davies and Royal are decent enough stop gaps at centre back but they both are very poor as inverted full backs. Both nowhere near good enough to play that way. Everything becomes much slower if they play on Saturday. Hopefully it’s just precautionary regarding porro and udogie

I think we’ll be totally fine with Davies and Emerson plugging into the fullback spots if that’s the case.

I would much prefer they slot in their natural positions where they have thousands of minutes over putting VdV out there trying to invert and giving Dragusin his full debut next to him.

And infinitely prefer it to whatever these Twitter tácticos like invert the wing are throwing out with Kulusevski playing FB.

I think we’ll be totally fine with Davies and Emerson plugging into the fullback spots if that’s the case.

I would much prefer they slot in their natural positions where they have thousands of minutes over putting VdV out there trying to invert and giving Dragusin his full debut next to him.

And infinitely prefer it to whatever these Twitter tácticos like invert the wing are throwing out with Kulusevski playing FB.
Ha, "Twitter tácticos", I like that!

I always imagine them with Subbuteo pitches in their bedrooms, pushing the little plastic players around just like they've seen Neville and Carragher do on Sky.

Excellent post and totally agree, exactly why I spend time here and not on twitter too.

For as much as Davies and Royal are decent enough stop gaps at centre back but they both are very poor as inverted full backs. Both nowhere near good enough to play that way. Everything becomes much slower if they play on Saturday. Hopefully it’s just precautionary regarding porro and udogie

Much less worried about Emerson.

He's a good enough footballer and relatively sound positionally when inverted. He was excellent against Everton recently there.

Davies has done a real good job at centre back but his performance against Palace at LWB was a real cause for concern. Funnily enough, Emerson came on for him at LWB and changed the game completely by nullifying Palace's threat down that side.

He's a good enough footballer and relatively sound positionally when inverted. He was excellent against Everton recently there.

Davies has done a real good job at centre back but his performance against Palace at LWB was a real cause for concern. Funnily enough, Emerson came on for him at LWB and changed the game completely by nullifying Palace's threat down that side.
It’s left back going into an inverted left back mate not LWB. Completely and utterly different positions. I do agree with you on Davies in there against Palace. Palace’s pitch is too tight for someone like him trying to play that position because the game is too frantic. He will cope better at home but it certainly does not fill me with confidence.

Yep. If they are both missing it’s very shit. One would be ok just but both isn’t great.

Hopefully it’s only one game too as it’s 2 weeks until Palace after that but knowing our luck it won’t be.

He was ill that game wasn’t he? That’s why he got taken off. Wasn’t 100% fit and was struggling.

Yep. If they are both missing it’s very shit. One would be ok just but both isn’t great.

Hopefully it’s only one game too as it’s 2 weeks until Palace after that but knowing our luck it won’t be.
We get our two centre backs back and then possibly lose both full backs who are massive to how we play. The drop off when 1 doesn’t play is big but to potentially lose two would be horrible.
I still wouldn’t be surprised if both are fit though.

Not great news about Porro and Destiny, no one can claim Davies and Royal are as good or they would be starting, but it is what it is. Royal less effective going forward than Porro , while Davies speed, esp against Nero is a concern, all his good recent performances have been at ch.
Just means others will have to do more, they have their issues as well, so we should still have enough to put them away.

Back
Top Bottom