TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet if we win the league it will be because the other teams have under performed this year.....
And because Woolwich + Liverpool "haven't spent enough" to be competitive.

That one really makes me laugh. We've spent a sum net total of fuck-all on player transfers and they're crying about owner investment.

Yesterday was easily the most I've enjoyed a wembley game. Even the buildup to the game in the pub felt a little different, I think the Madrid result has done wonders for us.

RAWK is so funny. The Spurs thread is currently locked.

I had a read last night for the first time.
There's a Spurs guy on there (WTF is that about!) that was hopelessly trying to convince them pre-match that their attacking front 3 is not as good as Madrid's.
It also appears to be a criminal offence to blame Klopp for anything.
TFC got a mention though so not all bad :)

Lovren at least has the excuse that he is half past broken and playing on painkillers since Koeman refuses to build the defense on another DB. Matip has no excuse for his blunder yesterday

nah he is just shit - stopped taking pills and declared himself fit last week.

(cant get twitter so use their reddit)
Lovren: "I am fit now. I had issues with my back and my groin. I skipped first game of the internationals and that helped me. It's over." • r/LiverpoolFC

Tottenham put hapless Liverpool to the sword as Harry Kane snatches double

This from the comments...Scouse delusion at it's greatest...

"Liverpool cab take a lot of positives they wat they sliced open Liverpool for the goal simply magnificent I think it was Henderson great ball but the run by that man Salah who is on fire he left Aurier and Vertonghen for dead while Lloris was stood still high blunder by the Spurs back 5 they were in no man's land the finish in the corner by Salah beautiful Spurs had 14 chances Liverpool 12 there was nothing in it the Liverpool keeper was shocking as was the defense other than that going forward Liverpool world class the midfield and front men bossed the game Spurs only had 36 percent possession they parked the bus again playing on the counter lucky for them the Liverpool back 5 had a nightmare"

The fuck is the keeper doing? Its his fault, not Lovrens.

Neville kept stressing that players are now scared of Kane, think this is a symptom of this, he would rather gamble on getting there first than having a shot from Kane in that position.

Its a lovely ball. But the keeper is out of his mind if he thinks he should come for that. Theres 2 defenders to beat. And if he stays on his line he saves it.

If the keeper does not rush out he has a first time shot - He is shitting it and decides to gamble rather than take the shot.

We played them at their own game today.
Except,we can defend better.
Looked for the quick ball over the top or behind their defence.
Instead of playing it around the back or side to side in middle, maybe lose it and succumb to a quicjpk pass forward.

We seemed content to let them have it, wait for the error or chance to pounce whilst always on them trying to force it. Quickly move it forwards
We have played them our way too many times and came unstuck The keep possession, pass it around the back, midfield patiently they press force errors.
Today we didn’t pass it around the back using Lloris and he kicked long instead of risking the sometimes suicidal pass

spot on, the two biggest factors were us knocking it over their defense and Lloris kicking/throwing it long. They didn't expect it and had no answer for it at all.

These handshakes are getting weird.
RQgJyMn.png

Tottenham put hapless Liverpool to the sword as Harry Kane snatches double

This from the comments...Scouse delusion at it's greatest...

"Liverpool cab take a lot of positives they wat they sliced open Liverpool for the goal simply magnificent I think it was Henderson great ball but the run by that man Salah who is on fire he left Aurier and Vertonghen for dead while Lloris was stood still high blunder by the Spurs back 5 they were in no man's land the finish in the corner by Salah beautiful Spurs had 14 chances Liverpool 12 there was nothing in it the Liverpool keeper was shocking as was the defense other than that going forward Liverpool world class the midfield and front men bossed the game Spurs only had 36 percent possession they parked the bus again playing on the counter lucky for them the Liverpool back 5 had a nightmare"

Stats are shit in isolation but XG stat is 2.67 vs 0.67 Liverpool xG stats for the 2017/2018 season | Understat.com - we were 2 goals clear for most of the game so content to bring them on to us. I suspect this guy is a knob

Klopp gets all the credit for the offense but none of the blame for the defense. That's some good shit he's got going with the supporters.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say FSG are big meanies who somehow got him all the attacking options he wants (Mane, Salah, keep Countinho) but HATE spending money on defense. Did they not have a backup if VVD wasn't available? Maybe a younger player they could bloody when up 3-0 in the 2nd half early in the season, or against Maribor, or in the league cup? Or maybe a veteran journeyman who is disciplined and risk-averse, stays at home? Or for fucks sake, Wimmer or someone of that mid-level caliber? How is this possible?

Nope, FSG, Lovren and which ever shit keeper starts are the only ones at fault for shit discipline, poor form and abhorrent tactics.

Stats are shit in isolation but XG stat is 2.67 vs 0.67 Liverpool xG stats for the 2017/2018 season | Understat.com - we were 2 goals clear for most of the game so content to bring them on to us. I suspect this guy is a knob
Thank you for saying this! xG is a good tool, but anytime its wrong people shit all over it. It's to be used in conjunction with other stats, metrics and good old fashioned eye balls. Doesn't tell the whole story, even when it does, like in this case.

I nearly always agree with what Souness says. He said the Liverpool players were showing Harry Kane too
much respect today. I well remember him showing Hoddle a great deal of respect one game at the Lane as he would not try to tackle Glenn opting instead to just back off him.

That’s unusual for Souness as I remember him nearly breaking Tony Galvin’s leg with a late tackle in the 1980 League Cup Final

That was it with Souness

He wasn’t hard just dirty as it was always a late challenge never 50/50 head on

Dirty cunt

Back
Top Bottom