Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't see all the first half, but I find it hard to be too down about our team given we're 3rd in the PL and 1st in our CL group. Kane and Son looked like themselves tonight, Hojbjerg, Benta and Romero looked sharp. Kulusevski back at the weekend. Our best performances are ahead of us.
Agree. We get 5 or 6 if Kulu is on that pitch tonight.

No, because we've had a serious turnaround since then. Frankfurt haven't. They're a decent side who had a cup run, nothing more or less. They got turned over at home by Sporting & were rubbish against us home and away.

Neither they or Rangers will get close to the first K0 round in the CL. They will go back in to the Europa League (if they're lucky) where they belong.
There's no doubting we have a joke of a group.

This is basically a Europa League group where the prize is the last 16 of CL.

It's on Conte and his mentality.

Liverpool put the game to bed and score 7 away from home.

We are in cruise control against 10 men and we shit the bed.

I get trying to rest players but our squad is not good enough to make 5 changes and still look good.

Finishing a CL game with Sanchez, Emerson, Lucas, Gil, Sess and Skipp is just pony.
I don't know about that.

But what is on Conte is that this creativity lacking squad with so many glaring inadequacies is 3rd in the Premier League and on the brink of qualifying for the last 16 of the Champions League

I thought that was a fun game. The longer it stayed 3 1 the more I thought they’d get a second. As I’ve said all season, our attack hasn’t been good enough. Score the chances to go 4 or 5 one up and we are laughing but we didn’t.

On reflection after calming down

For 70 mins probs the best we played all season and it was no coincidence that it was because both Kane and Son where back on form together

Frankfurt obviously wanted to press us and it worked for them at first with the Dier fuck up but we shower mental strength in not letting that effect us and could have been 5-1 up at HT

After that we tore them a new one they had no answer for the Kane and Son combo and Hojberg and Bentancur where also stellar in that midfield. And it was great to see us come flying out the blocks and again 2nd half, we could have scored another 2 before the red card.

However once the red card happened the performance was poor and I don't think anyone can deny otherwise.

Players obviously thought it was job done and took there foot off the gas as did Conte, who rotated a few key players and brought on fringe players. (No issue with this with the fixture pile up)

And the quality drop was very noticeable I thought and we let Frankfurt back in the gamez despite the 11v10 advantage, and then Kane who had a great 85 mins suddenly lost the plot with the Pen and not squaring to Gil

Kane (for 85 mins), Son, Hojberg, Bentancur real standouts

Royal again stunk the fucking place out he even got in good positions but just doesn't have the quality to do anything with it. Sanchez also was poor when he came on for Dier and we went from looking solid to shakey with one simple sub at CB and that's despite Biss and Skipp playing holding mids very alarming

Overall nice to see Kane and Son back in form and Kulu coming back according to Conte next game. But same issues with the depth are apparent and the Royal love in is odd

I refuse to believe Spence can't do any better then he does

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Ends in 2

Enjoyable match and evening. Had some cracking Caribbean food before the match and the beer went down beautifully. Frankfurt fans were pathetic in every respect. To a man and woman, they refused to join in the respect to Gian Piero and John Duncan. Utter wankers. Tried to give it large outside the stadium. Tragically choreographed dull chanting throughout. German fans are so overrated.

We started slowly but responded well to going behind and deserved more than just the 3 goals. Some great football with Sonny and H both looking sharp. Defence far from perfect but we know there’s work to do there. I had to leave early so missed the late drama and tension. But good also to see some players like Lucas and Gil get minutes.

Tragic comments from a load of plastic melts as usual on here.

We’re third in the league, +8 points on last year’s same matches to date, top of our CL group and improving each game.

:contekiss:

🇬🇧🇮🇹🇬🇧🇮🇹🇬🇧🇮🇹🇬🇧🇮🇹

On reflection after calming down

For 70 mins probs the best we played all season and it was no coincidence that it was because both Kane and Son where back on form together

Frankfurt obviously wanted to press us and it worked for them at first with the Dier fuck up but we shower mental strength in not letting that effect us and could have been 5-1 up at HT

After that we tore them a new one they had no answer for the Kane and Son combo and Hojberg and Bentancur where also stellar in that midfield. And it was great to see us come flying out the blocks and again 2nd half, we could have scored another 2 before the red card.

However once the red card happened the performance was poor and I don't think anyone can deny otherwise.

Players obviously thought it was job done and took there foot off the gas as did Conte, who rotated a few key players and brought on fringe players. (No issue with this with the fixture pile up)

And the quality drop was very noticeable I thought and we let Frankfurt back in the gamez despite the 11v10 advantage, and then Kane who had a great 85 mins suddenly lost the plot with the Pen and not squaring to Gil

Kane (for 85 mins), Son, Hojberg, Bentancur real standouts

Royal again stunk the fucking place out he even got in good positions but just doesn't have the quality to do anything with it. Sanchez also was poor when he came on for Dier and we went from looking solid to shakey with one simple sub at CB and that's despite Biss and Skipp playing holding mids very alarming

Overall nice to see Kane and Son back in form and Kulu coming back according to Conte next game. But same issues with the depth are apparent and the Royal love in is odd

I refuse to believe Spence can't do any better then he does
That's why we tailed off

Back
Top Bottom