Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked like David Silva for a second there. Feed this lad some steak and get him a good strength and conditioning coach and let's see where we are with him in a year.
That's either poor timing, or poor taste.... either way, not appropriate this week of all weeks!
Once we appoint someone to succeed Ventrone, I'm sure his FIRST assignment will be to beef Gil up a bit... so don't worry on that count!

I think the end to the game was a real shame ,because if not for that , most Spurs fans would have been reasonably happy with the performance. Most importantly though , top of the group and a chance to kick Fat Franks’ arse on Saturday . COYS

Rangers outplayed them in that final & they're less than average and just got pumped for 7 by an out of form Liverpool.

Europa League means diddly squat. This is a different level entirely. Frankfurt are out of their depth here.
Hang on. We couldn’t get out of the group stages of the Europa Conference League last year Against Moldova’s 5th best team. Does that mean we are out of our depth in CL too?

what I would give to win the Europa League…

We were good from the goal they scored until we decided to switch off in the last 10 minutes.

Bissouma and Skipp not so good when they came on, made the first choice midfielders establish their places in the team even further. Gil wonderful, the boy clearly has talent. Sanchez not good. Emerson looked better to me than what most are saying, and I'm not very fond of Emerson to begin with (football wise). Richy should've stayed on instead of Kane, Kane looked way more tired than him throughout the match. Onto Everton on Saturday. COYS!

We conceded from a random corner then missed 2 huge chances to make it 4-2. Doesn’t sound like we are hanging on for our life.
I'm certain people have just watched BT and think that whatever the commentators are saying is gospel. For some reason the BT crew was obsessed with saying "how nervy it was" when Frankfurt were simply playing passes in front of us and having nothing particularly threatening. However we were busy creating chance after chance on the counter which we didn't put away.

Yeah to concede a header late was annoying, but fuck me their best effort after that was a shot from outside the box that went through half our team and straight into Hugo's hands.

The narrative around how we play, this season especially, has been mind-blowing tbh.

Hang on. We couldn’t get out of the group stages of the Europa Conference League last year Against Moldova’s 5th best team. Does that mean we are out of our depth in CL too?

what I would give to win the Europa League…

No, because we've had a serious turnaround since then. Frankfurt haven't. They're a decent side who had a cup run, nothing more or less. They got turned over at home by Sporting & were rubbish against us home and away.

Neither they or Rangers will get close to the first K0 round in the CL. They will go back in to the Europa League (if they're lucky) where they belong.

Of c
cowardly sitting back vs 10 men.
Of course you can’t do that! 3-1 HT then v 10 men you’d think we would try to press home adv and bang a few goals. Yet we created nothing I can recall until 90th min. Count how many shots on target they had plus the sane loris had to pull off. Shocking oerformance 2nd half. It’s bcoa we have no idea how to create attacking play passing the ball. How many times did we just pass side ways and back. They were just as bad as last week yet we could t put them to the sword.

Bissouma just isn't as good as I imagined he was. Probably just needs more time to get comfortable in the team. He was superb for Brighton the last few years. Skipp literally hasn't played in 9 months so obviously a little rusty. Lets beat Sporting at home and move onto the round of 16! COYS.

We made a complete pigs ear of that in the 2nd half but my God Conte made some really shit subs, you can't have Sanchez and Royal on the pitch at the same time, Royal shouldn't even be fucking playing - I get he was trying to rest players but fucking hell man those choices were poverty, we had no height on the pitch either.

Back
Top Bottom