Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it’s the large gin I just finished, but I’m oddly moved by Antonio’s message as well as the whole team‘s performance tonight. I’ve never seen Harry quite so emotional in an interview; he’s normally such a consummate professional, almost to the point of being robotic. It looks like the loss of Gian Piero has hit a lot of people at the club very hard.

Last week’s football was sometimes hard to bear, but so was some of the discussion here. People have the right to complain, and express their views, but the delight some take in piling in on the team they supposedly support is baffling to me. I think some just enjoy complaining and point scoring way more then they do the actual football.

Conte strikes me as an emotional manager, who is very in tune with how the fans are feeling. So I hope we really do get behind them for this match. I honestly think the team need, and would benefit from some belief being shown in them at the moment, both at the game and on social media. (Because the mood music is picked up on). Sometimes we need to have a bit more faith, even if we think it’s unfounded. For all the armchair managers out there, we can underestimate the impact we actually do have, simply as fans.

Right, sorry, going for a bit of a lie down now, before I turn into Delia Smith. ‘Let’s be having you…! Etc. Etc’

Fe4wi1RWAAkCqfn

So dear Spurs!
As I wrote at the beginning, I've been keeping my fingers crossed for Tottenham Hotspur FC since 1982!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you fans very much for the friendly reception in your forum!
It was a pleasure "chatting" with you and it's your (!) fault now that there is no more "on the side" crossing fingers, it will consciously - from game day to game day - wish you luck and follow the mighty Spurs! Unfortunately I've never been to your palace (no, not Charles III's), the real Tottenham Hotspur Stadium! One day I will grant this wish and shout with you "Come on you Spurs!" "...another toy...!" and "Oh when the Spurs go marching in...!" Tonight I'll - one way or the other - drink a good beer to you! Stay healthy, stay stable! Thank you for your hospitality (perhaps you could also offer some hospitality to my crew.. - ok, forget it!) Best regards Klaus "Frankfurter"

Quick account before I go to sleep. Blood pressure just returned to normal.
A game that we should have put to bed by half time and ended up biting our nails holding on for dear life.
Thought Hot Rod had a great game (I may be biased, but he always catches my eye!).
Harry and Sonny looked on top of their game, which made us look more 'at it' than we have done more recently. Sonny's second was just 'wow'.
Visibly held back when they had a player sent off - tickled me when we sang 'auf wiedersehen' as he trundled off. Sort of understand it with the schedule coming up.
Result the most important thing, but it would have been nice to stroll through, without having palpitations.
Night all x

I didn't see all the first half, but I find it hard to be too down about our team given we're 3rd in the PL and 1st in our CL group. Kane and Son looked like themselves tonight, Hojbjerg, Benta and Romero looked sharp. Kulusevski back at the weekend. Our best performances are ahead of us.

Enjoyable match and evening. Had some cracking Caribbean food before the match and the beer went down beautifully. Frankfurt fans were pathetic in every respect. To a man and woman, they refused to join in the respect to Gian Piero and John Duncan. Utter wankers. Tried to give it large outside the stadium. Tragically choreographed dull chanting throughout. German fans are so overrated.

We started slowly but responded well to going behind and deserved more than just the 3 goals. Some great football with Sonny and H both looking sharp. Defence far from perfect but we know there’s work to do there. I had to leave early so missed the late drama and tension. But good also to see some players like Lucas and Gil get minutes.

Tragic comments from a load of plastic melts as usual on here.

We’re third in the league, +8 points on last year’s same matches to date, top of our CL group and improving each game.

:contekiss:

🇬🇧🇮🇹🇬🇧🇮🇹🇬🇧🇮🇹🇬🇧🇮🇹

Bringing the boy up to this for his first CL game and stay overnight. Hopefully should be a good atmosphere and we start on the front foot and score a few goals and get the 3 points.

Once through the spin cycle of Tottenham Hotspur, that's what regional television says! Hits the nail on the head! Now please become the winner of the CL - would burst with pride if you got a draw! All the best, you lovely lunatics!
:coys:
👍

I will say this about Emerson, the lad isn't going to die wondering if he gave it a go.

He's brave, prepared to run into space and when he makes a mistake, gets right back up and tries again.

The problem we have is that when he tries again, he makes the same mistake.

I went with the boy and really enjoyed it. Our first cl game too!

However, I was surprised when the game just sort of died following the red card, I thought we'd punish them but no.

Lots of people giving Gil grief, I think he's got a lot of potential and really enjoyed both times I've seen him at the ground.

Neeeeed Kulu back.

Glad to see Skipp getting minutes.

'watching Tottenham on a Wednesday night...' love it

Back
Top Bottom