Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
GQMqPbt.jpg

Forster, Austin, Emerson, Spence, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, White, Gil, Kane

Pick almost the same team as today, but maybe Emerson in for Doherty if Doherty isn't ready to start games close together. Also, start Perisic and sub him after 70, I want to see Perisic playing on the left when we play 352, it's how he played at Inter and I think he will do better with the extra midfield cover allowing him to push higher.

Bissouma, Hojbjerg and Bentancur need to start more games together to get the 352 as a solid system for us.

Also be tempted to start Richy and Kane up top, bring Son on for Kane after 70 mins. Subs obviously all depend on how the game goes.

I think it’s the large gin I just finished, but I’m oddly moved by Antonio’s message as well as the whole team‘s performance tonight. I’ve never seen Harry quite so emotional in an interview; he’s normally such a consummate professional, almost to the point of being robotic. It looks like the loss of Gian Piero has hit a lot of people at the club very hard.

Last week’s football was sometimes hard to bear, but so was some of the discussion here. People have the right to complain, and express their views, but the delight some take in piling in on the team they supposedly support is baffling to me. I think some just enjoy complaining and point scoring way more then they do the actual football.

Conte strikes me as an emotional manager, who is very in tune with how the fans are feeling. So I hope we really do get behind them for this match. I honestly think the team need, and would benefit from some belief being shown in them at the moment, both at the game and on social media. (Because the mood music is picked up on). Sometimes we need to have a bit more faith, even if we think it’s unfounded. For all the armchair managers out there, we can underestimate the impact we actually do have, simply as fans.

Right, sorry, going for a bit of a lie down now, before I turn into Delia Smith. ‘Let’s be having you…! Etc. Etc’

I think it’s the large gin I just finished, but I’m oddly moved by Antonio’s message as well as the whole team‘s performance tonight. I’ve never seen Harry quite so emotional in an interview; he’s normally such a consummate professional, almost to the point of being robotic. It looks like the loss of Gian Piero has hit a lot of people at the club very hard.

Last week’s football was sometimes hard to bear, but so was some of the discussion here. People have the right to complain, and express their views, but the delight some take in piling in on the team they supposedly support is baffling to me. I think some just enjoy complaining and point scoring way more then they do the actual football.

Conte strikes me as an emotional manager, who is very in tune with how the fans are feeling. So I hope we really do get behind them for this match. I honestly think the team need, and would benefit from some belief being shown in them at the moment, both at the game and on social media. (Because the mood music is picked up on). Sometimes we need to have a bit more faith, even if we think it’s unfounded. For all the armchair managers out there, we can underestimate the impact we actually do have, simply as fans.

Right, sorry, going for a bit of a lie down now, before I turn into Delia Smith. ‘Let’s be having you…! Etc. Etc’

Probably one of the best posts I’ve read on here for a while!

Power to the gin!

Spring Break Drink GIF by Alaska Airlines

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Pick almost the same team as today, but maybe Emerson in for Doherty if Doherty isn't ready to start games close together. Also, start Perisic and sub him after 70, I want to see Perisic playing on the left when we play 352, it's how he played at Inter and I think he will do better with the extra midfield cover allowing him to push higher.

Bissouma, Hojbjerg and Bentancur need to start more games together to get the 352 as a solid system for us.

Also be tempted to start Richy and Kane up top, bring Son on for Kane after 70 mins. Subs obviously all depend on how the game goes.
Never fucking Royal.

If we stick with 352, Skipp has a chance of coming in IMO.

Also 352, where does Kulu play? In the MF 3, RWB or up top? He has to start 100% and improves us in all three of those areas based on current form

:adesalute:

imho the best 3-midfield is made of: skipp bissouma bentancur
and also I would like to see kane-richarlison instead of kane-son

waiting for the kulu comeback
I wasn't Højbjerg's biggest fan until this season but come on, he can't be dropped as he has been fantastic!

If you say he needs a rest then I agree. I believe he has played every game this season but no way is he not part of the best midfield 3 in the club all things being equal.

Back
Top Bottom