Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it’s the large gin I just finished, but I’m oddly moved by Antonio’s message as well as the whole team‘s performance tonight. I’ve never seen Harry quite so emotional in an interview; he’s normally such a consummate professional, almost to the point of being robotic. It looks like the loss of Gian Piero has hit a lot of people at the club very hard.

Last week’s football was sometimes hard to bear, but so was some of the discussion here. People have the right to complain, and express their views, but the delight some take in piling in on the team they supposedly support is baffling to me. I think some just enjoy complaining and point scoring way more then they do the actual football.

Conte strikes me as an emotional manager, who is very in tune with how the fans are feeling. So I hope we really do get behind them for this match. I honestly think the team need, and would benefit from some belief being shown in them at the moment, both at the game and on social media. (Because the mood music is picked up on). Sometimes we need to have a bit more faith, even if we think it’s unfounded. For all the armchair managers out there, we can underestimate the impact we actually do have, simply as fans.

Right, sorry, going for a bit of a lie down now, before I turn into Delia Smith. ‘Let’s be having you…! Etc. Etc’
Totally agree with all of your post . The emotional aspect of yesterdays game made the three points look even more impressive

I think it’s the large gin I just finished, but I’m oddly moved by Antonio’s message as well as the whole team‘s performance tonight. I’ve never seen Harry quite so emotional in an interview; he’s normally such a consummate professional, almost to the point of being robotic. It looks like the loss of Gian Piero has hit a lot of people at the club very hard.

Last week’s football was sometimes hard to bear, but so was some of the discussion here. People have the right to complain, and express their views, but the delight some take in piling in on the team they supposedly support is baffling to me. I think some just enjoy complaining and point scoring way more then they do the actual football.

Conte strikes me as an emotional manager, who is very in tune with how the fans are feeling. So I hope we really do get behind them for this match. I honestly think the team need, and would benefit from some belief being shown in them at the moment, both at the game and on social media. (Because the mood music is picked up on). Sometimes we need to have a bit more faith, even if we think it’s unfounded. For all the armchair managers out there, we can underestimate the impact we actually do have, simply as fans.

Right, sorry, going for a bit of a lie down now, before I turn into Delia Smith. ‘Let’s be having you…! Etc. Etc’
In vino veritas.

Put the "fans" moniker away and dust off the supporter tag.

need to stick with doherty for this. we looked so much better yesterday due to having a proper wing back down the right. i fear hes going to play emerson again though

“Where are you??”

So tricky to call a team when playing every 3 or 4 days - our schedule ::

Wed 12th Eintracht Frankfurt (H) CL
Sat 15th Everton (H) PL
Wed 19th ManU (A) PL
Sun 23rd Newcastle (H) PL

I think we are going to have to get used to say 1 or 2 players being rotated every match.

As Emerson is banned from PL matches, Emerson has every chance in the Eintracht game whilst Kulusevski and Moura are likely to be out injured - which suggests a 352 again.

Whilst Skipp needs a run out, I think he comes on as a sub for either Hojbjerg or Bentancur to give them a break as well, but the same 3 who starred v Brighton will start again.

Its 2 from Kane, Son and Richarlison to start - but with the other one on to rest one of tyhe starters at 45 mins or 60 mins..

In defence, maybe the better passing gives Lenglet the edge over Davies who's better defensive work might not be required, and whilst I'd prefer Perisic to start I think Sessegnon will after becoming MoTM v Brighton.

So for me :

Lloris
Romero, Dier, Lenglet
Emerson, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sessegnon
Kane, Son​

Subs : Forster, Doherty, Spence, Sanchez, Davies, Perisic, Skipp, Richarlison, Gil

Injured : Kulusevski, Moura

Subs on -
1 Skipp for Hojbjerg at 45 mins,
2 Perisic for Sessegnonn at 45 mins
3 Richarlison for Kane at 60 mins
4 Spence for Emerson at 75 mins
(5 subs allowed)

Pick almost the same team as today, but maybe Emerson in for Doherty if Doherty isn't ready to start games close together. Also, start Perisic and sub him after 70, I want to see Perisic playing on the left when we play 352, it's how he played at Inter and I think he will do better with the extra midfield cover allowing him to push higher.

Bissouma, Hojbjerg and Bentancur need to start more games together to get the 352 as a solid system for us.

Also be tempted to start Richy and Kane up top, bring Son on for Kane after 70 mins. Subs obviously all depend on how the game goes.
Perisic further forward should help Richarlison, his crossing is probably the best at the club.

So you want to play our most creative player rwb where no doubt he’ll be so deep. I’d rather richarlison rwb and play kulu forward.
Not sure…. I don’t see Richy having the feet play RWB. It’s not a deep position in our formation… he will have lots of the ball, room to travel and hopefully licence to join the box.

Absolutely staggering anyone, with eyes, would want that hunchback club foot anywhere near our stadium
100% agree but we have many on here who will still play him and plus the man that counts picks him. I bet if he weren’t suspended he would have played yday and then on Wednesday. So for me no reason for Doh to be dropped / rested on Wednesday. However we all know what will happen. For me Conte has to earn his money now. Goons just beat dippers deservedly. We have beat EF, Everton , not wave the white flag v manure and then beat barcodes. If we want to be a top team we need to defo win the 3 home games.

Back
Top Bottom