Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% agree but we have many on here who will still play him and plus the man that counts picks him. I bet if he weren’t suspended he would have played yday and then on Wednesday. So for me no reason for Doh to be dropped / rested on Wednesday. However we all know what will happen. For me Conte has to earn his money now. Goons just beat dippers deservedly. We have beat EF, Everton , not wave the white flag v manure and then beat barcodes. If we want to be a top team we need to defo win the 3 home games.
Perhaps…. He’s had a fucker of an injury to be fair but there must be other options than Royal. Peri RWB for example 100% better option if Doh can’t

He doesnt have the pace to run from deep
F off. He carries the call superbly, and can go either way. He’s a tremendous player. He’s almost certainly our best RWB, the debate is whether he’s best suited to playing left wing or attacking mid

Perhaps…. He’s had a fucker of an injury to be fair but there must be other options than Royal. Peri RWB for example 100% better option if Doh can’t
He was only meant to miss about 6 games any way. His had 4/5 months to recover just needs games. It would be stupid to change to royal otherwise how can Doh get any momentum and fluidity in his play. Plus playing perri rwb we lose his ability from LWB. He wasn’t that great v Leicester at rwb.

F off. He carries the call superbly, and can go either way. He’s a tremendous player. He’s almost certainly our best RWB, the debate is whether he’s best suited to playing left wing or attacking mid
I didn’t he can’t carry the ball what I said was not from deep. When he gets released from halfway line he is great. Why waste our most creative player in that position. He should ideally play as 10 or attacking forward. We have players who can play rwb already in Doh and spence.

He was only meant to miss about 6 games any way. His had 4/5 months to recover just needs games. It would be stupid to change to royal otherwise how can Doh get any momentum and fluidity in his play. Plus playing perri rwb we lose his ability from LWB. He wasn’t that great v Leicester at rwb.
I agree but he’s still a better option than hunchie Royal.

Doh obv had a serious injury, I trust our medical staff more now than ever.

I agree but he’s still a better option than hunchie Royal.

Doh obv had a serious injury, I trust our medical staff more now than ever.
Ok so we agree royal should not play there all I’m saying is we should t waste kulu attacking threat by having him defend. He needs to get on the ball much further up plus the help of a decent rwb would make his life easier. Take away the defensive responsibilities as much as possible. What we need is pave or someone to make an over lap to play with kulu on the right. That has always worked infootball either with a reg rb or rwb.

Ok so we agree royal should not play there all I’m saying is we should t waste kulu attacking threat by having him defend. He needs to get on the ball much further up plus the help of a decent rwb would make his life easier. Take away the defensive responsibilities as much as possible. What we need is pave or someone to make an over lap to play with kulu on the right. That has always worked infootball either with a reg rb or rwb.
352 where does he play if not RWB? It’s not a defensive position. He’s a clever footballer and scour the pitch

He plays as a 10 with our best 2 CMs
I agree we need to get him in our team. We could go 433 and he plays RW.,I reckon that his the formation other than 352 which gets best out of our attacking players. However Conte loves to defend and okay Min of 7 defensive players. Why would he play kulu rwb when he plays royal purely bcos he thinks he can defend?

need to stick with doherty for this. we looked so much better yesterday due to having a proper wing back down the right. i fear hes going to play emerson again though

6 games in 3 weeks for Doh would be stupidity given he's literally just played his first game back since early April.

......Then again, you've already had your head buried in the sand about his injury for weeks already, so no real suprise.

The all important is that he's in shape for Everton next weekend.

Last edited:
I think it’s the large gin I just finished, but I’m oddly moved by Antonio’s message as well as the whole team‘s performance tonight. I’ve never seen Harry quite so emotional in an interview; he’s normally such a consummate professional, almost to the point of being robotic. It looks like the loss of Gian Piero has hit a lot of people at the club very hard.

Last week’s football was sometimes hard to bear, but so was some of the discussion here. People have the right to complain, and express their views, but the delight some take in piling in on the team they supposedly support is baffling to me. I think some just enjoy complaining and point scoring way more then they do the actual football.

Conte strikes me as an emotional manager, who is very in tune with how the fans are feeling. So I hope we really do get behind them for this match. I honestly think the team need, and would benefit from some belief being shown in them at the moment, both at the game and on social media. (Because the mood music is picked up on). Sometimes we need to have a bit more faith, even if we think it’s unfounded. For all the armchair managers out there, we can underestimate the impact we actually do have, simply as fans.

Right, sorry, going for a bit of a lie down now, before I turn into Delia Smith. ‘Let’s be having you…! Etc. Etc’

Probably one of the best posts I’ve read on here for a while!

Power to the gin!

Spring Break Drink GIF by Alaska Airlines
Girl Power GIF by Sara Andreasson

Love it!!

Really looking forward to this, seems like ages since I've been to a game - then 5 games in the space of 2 weeks!
Fixtures are crazy, and we still have to fit in Man C somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom