Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird fucking game! Looked good in parts, being a bit more incisive in attack and mostly controlling midfield and yet… still capable of creating our own problems with stupid errors or fannying around at the back.
Great to see Sonny score two good goals, and I thought Hojbjerg had a good game.
When they went down to ten we didn’t seem to know how to take advantage, still knocking it back and forth at the back when I’d have liked to see us go for it.
Making all the subs disrupted any rhythm we had and invited them on, but again, it was mistakes that lead to their second.
The last few minutes were unnecessarily scary. Looks like the group could go to the wire.

Well it was all ok in the end but Spursy that we were shitting it hat the end. The Subs had to be made but this was all down to the ridiculous fixture congestion as in normal seasons it would not have happened, I hope Conte will not be put off subbing our best players. Gil had his best minutes for us. Frankfurt should have been down to 9 and were lucky that the Ref did not issue the 2nd yellow. Son was back to his best and that 2nd goal was so good.

I didn't see all the first half, but I find it hard to be too down about our team given we're 3rd in the PL and 1st in our CL group. Kane and Son looked like themselves tonight, Hojbjerg, Benta and Romero looked sharp. Kulusevski back at the weekend. Our best performances are ahead of us.

Shouldn't have been close but to be fair, Trapp had 2 extremely good saves against Sonny and Sess, Harry skyed a penalty, and Gil had a tap in if Harry plays the ball low and early.

I didn't see all the first half, but I find it hard to be too down about our team given we're 3rd in the PL and 1st in our CL group. Kane and Son looked like themselves tonight, Hojbjerg, Benta and Romero looked sharp. Kulusevski back at the weekend. Our best performances are ahead of us.
It's really the first 15min that were awful at the start. Just no cohesion, neither going forward nor defensively

Bissouma just isn't as good as I imagined he was. Probably just needs more time to get comfortable in the team. He was superb for Brighton the last few years. Skipp literally hasn't played in 9 months so obviously a little rusty. Lets beat Sporting at home and move onto the round of 16! COYS.
Intresting take. The bloke came on 67 odd mins in our shape had fallen apart before this and much of said shape is pretty much Bentancur. Betancur and Kulusevski ARE Conte's Spurs this to me is blindingly obvious. They respectivley are the bridge between the first and the final third of the pitch when they are fatigued or injured we are a fraction of the side that ended last season so impressively.

To this I want to add Ben Davis, who when played regularly gives us a solidity that despite his superior passing Lenglet can not match. Davis seems to make both Deir and Romero better. He needs to be restored to the side because if you keep Lenglets passing you certainly will need a better central center back that Eric. I was pro us going for Bremer but the passport issue made it impossible but we actually miss Davis calmness.

Then there's the full backs we know that Udogie looks a way better bet than what we have in Sessingnon but we must do something at RWB that isn't called Emerson Royale.

Hugo has been a great servant but I genuinely think we need to source a top class replacement now. Its more apparent what he can't do by the day. Whilst what he can is still great. We are getting away with at present lads but f**k me I do not know how.

Come on, we were dominant and a win by 3 or 4 goals wouldn't have flattered us.

They threw a lot of people forward but should've conceded either from a pen or the Kane cross. Fine margins and all that.

I did enjoy the game, first one in a while that I have actually.

The problem is we did not win by 3 or 4 goals. That is exactly what we should have done,I agree, or at least by two goals. Instead, we squandered our advantages and almost paid a price for it. We were the better team, and yes we played very well in parts, but we really should have managed the last twenty minutes better. It was just not professional and one day it will bite us if we keep doing that.

On my way back from the game. Was catching up with mates not seen for a while, enjoyed the crack, hard to weigh up the game though, seems even when we are a bit fun, we find a way to contract the sphincter.

This Frankfurt work hard but are nothing special.

He should have taken Kane off, we’ve got so much football coming and Kane doesn’t cope well with fatigue. Let Son and Richarlison tear around for the last 25.

Last edited:
I was sitting here watching the game in the 86th minute and I was thinking what I would post in the OMT after it ended.
My first thought was "Royal has never let Conte down."
My next thought was please never have Royal and Sanchez on the pitch together again.
But ironically if Sessegnon had shown a wee bit of composure earlier in the second half we should have won this this 4 or 5 goals to whatever.

The lady presenter on BT Sport nailed it, ''first 10 minutes and last 10 minuets poor, middle 70 minutes good.''

Disclaimer, I had 2 bottles of wine but she said something like that.

Looked like David Silva for a second there. Feed this lad some steak and get him a good strength and conditioning coach and let's see where we are with him in a year.
Yes mate, it's so obvious! I've been saying this ever since I saw him show his high ceiling potential. Forget about the steak for now, just get him roided up and we might end up with something like the love child of David Silva and Adriano 😁

Good result.

I hate to be negative after a win, but that was a concerning performance. We were absolute dynamite from about minute 18-65 but
- terrible 14 minute start. Not just the goal, but even before that it was dreadful.
- That last 30 minutes with the man advantage was completely unprofessional. Up 3-1, at home, vs 10 men, average opposition…….. and we ceded possession and let the other side have a go. I normally have little issue with conceding possession but not with 10 men.

We were a great shot/unfortunate deflection away from drawing that game and making the last 2 group games likely must wins. We should not be relying on luck or the opponent not hitting one top corner when we have such a lead and are up a player.

Kane was great this game but still made 2 shocking plays that almost cost the game. A missed pen (happens) but not playing a one touch pass to Gil was borderline criminal. We can’t win trophies making mistakes like that at the end of important games.

On my way back from the game. Was catching up with mates not seen for a while, enjoyed the crack, hard to weigh up the game though, seems even when we are fun, we find a way to contract the sphincter.

This Frankfurt work hard but are nothing special.

He should have taken Kane off, we’ve got so much football coming and Kane doesn’t cope well with fatigue. Let Son and Richarlison tear around for the last 25.

Same here. On the way home having had a lovely day/evening out (save for the last 10mins of the game).

3-1 up against 10 men. Just wouldn’t be Spurs unless we made it difficult. Unclenching now (just)….

Back
Top Bottom