Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When will they ever be fired up. Everyone keeps saying conte is hard bastard, he won’t be happy, he’ll be fuming blah blah blah. However after every game we come away and say they’ll be up for it next game. What happens same slow play and complacency. Rinse and repeat. What about playing for 90 minutes and what happened to put in a performance for the fitness coach?
Do you really support Spurs?

Do you really support Spurs?
Yes we were there last night and at times it is so frurating watch us play. There is no urgency in our gane at times. We actually played well first half apart the shit show at the back which we persist with for some reason.
You can clearly see Romero will only pass to royal as last resort which says it all.
Great to win but really only win bcos of Kane and son. Without their moments of brilliance we would create very little. Richarlison for £60M offered very little and he didn’t even put that much of a shift in. Compare that to what son did last night who was every where and looked far more dangerous. Didn’t rate richo before we bought him and has done very little to relieve sun and Kane.

Yes we were there last night and at times it is so frurating watch us play. There is no urgency in our gane at times. We actually played well first half apart the shit show at the back which we persist with for some reason.
You can clearly see Romero will only pass to royal as last resort which says it all.
Great to win but really only win bcos of Kane and son. Without their moments of brilliance we would create very little. Richarlison for £60M offered very little and he didn’t even put that much of a shift in. Compare that to what son did last night who was every where and looked far more dangerous. Didn’t rate richo before we bought him and has done very little to relieve sun and Kane.
No urgency? So none after going 1-0 down to go 3-1 up?
We had so many chances and if it wasn't for Trapp we would have been 4/5-1 up at half time.
Have you ever thought that Richarlison yesterday opened the space up which meant Kane and Son were so much more effective? Richarlison created the cross from Hojberg to Son and then also set Sess up in the second half with a great cross.

I went with the boy and really enjoyed it. Our first cl game too!

However, I was surprised when the game just sort of died following the red card, I thought we'd punish them but no.

Lots of people giving Gil grief, I think he's got a lot of potential and really enjoyed both times I've seen him at the ground.

Neeeeed Kulu back.

Glad to see Skipp getting minutes.

'watching Tottenham on a Wednesday night...' love it

for me felt it started to go wrong when Skipp can on , he was trying to play on the right just seemed out of position, Frankfurt started to get passes right again not saying it was Skipps fault it was just then we started to lose control
this passing between the CH and RWB may work if we have PEH or Bent in midfield to offer themselves (giving 2 passing options midfield or back to CH) but giving RWB only 1 pass on back to CH is a concern
Skipp took up richarlisin position basically f knows why. We had forwards who could have been a direct swap. So we still played 523. No idea what the thinking was especially when we already disrupted the CM. Should have stuck skipp next to Biss or let him charge about hunting the ball down by pressing.

No urgency? So none after going 1-0 down to go 3-1 up?
We had so many chances and if it wasn't for Trapp we would have been 4/5-1 up at half time.
Have you ever thought that Richarlison yesterday opened the space up which meant Kane and Son were so much more effective? Richarlison created the cross from Hojberg to Son and then also set Sess up in the second half with a great cross.
Urgency after the red card or at least keep attacking to get a 4th 5th. We didn’t create much tbh after the red until injury time.

Yeah I agree, the football largely generates the atmosphere.

When we sit in and defend there's hardly any noise but as soon as we break it does get people off their feet and noise generated.

It can be frustrating for fans to watch as you need the players to create an atmosphere and vice versa with the fans.
For the OM gane atmosphere was great before the game. However the team didn’t respond as we were so passive in that game.

Yeah it was impossible to get going last night. But it was flat around the stadium beforehand, which was a contrast to pre marseille. I’ve no problem with people who actually go to games pointing it out but those who don’t have no basis to complain about the atmosphere.
Yup said it before pre OM it was buzzing but the gane then played out rather dull

I reluctantly left the game with 20 mins to go, as I had to go to work, and it looks like I missed a proper stress-fest, going by the comments here. We should have buried the sausages after the red card, but you all know how the story goes................................😱

Late to the party here but was a very weird performance from us.

0-15 mins totally asleep
15-70 mins played pretty well
70-90 tried to manage the game for some stupid reason, abysmal
90-95 clinging on for dear life against 10 men.

Games like this is where you develop a strong winning mentality, 3-1 up against 10 men with 20 min to go, just destroy them.

Choosing to go to 5 defenders and 3 cdms, at home is nonsense.
City would have smashed 6 or 7 passed them. We could have done the same if we had just continued to play. Unnecessarily inviting pressure onto ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom