Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst we laboured last night I felt the real disgrace last night was us....the fans. The atmosphere was so subdued it was embarrassing. We tried numerous times in the lower South to get some chants going but apart from 'yid army' it all fell flat.
It felt like the ground was full of tourists enjoying the facilities - there was no passion from the fans to lift the players and that is really frustrating.
Was going to mention that, on the tv sounded really quiet even when we were flying at 3-1 and playing some nice stuff. I'll be there for everton on the weekend, hope everyones up for that one.

Takeaways

-Son played furthest forward to goal and played close to Kane. This is where he's most effective and where he spent most of his time in the second half of last season. We can't keep playing him so deep as Conte's been playing him in majority of the games this season.

-As important as Harry's goals have been this season, he's is at his best when he's focused on dropping deep, winning 50/50s, holding up play and distributing. I think Conte said that Harry had a specific role yesterday and you can see what he was talking about. He looked a lot better and much more effective going back to this role.

-PEH and Bentancur are quickly becoming one of the best midfield partnerships in the league. They compliment each others' games very well. Bentancur has also allowed PEH to help on attack and it's becoming more and more apparent that PEH is getting more comfortable passing/distributing and contributing to the attack.

-Richarlison is a CF. It's clear as day. He best attributes revolves around holding the ball up, being physical, and linking play with other forwards. While he was effective yesterday in doing those things, I think he could have been even more effective had he been playing more centrally with runners around him.

-Dier has generally been solid this season and the back half of last season so I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt after yesterday's mistake. Likely nerves kicking in at the beginning of the game.

-Sess needs to play alongside Son from here on out. All 7 of Son's goal contributions this season have come playing with Sess. Him and Perisic don't link up well and don't understand each others' games. I also think that we're seeing promising signs from Sess - his pace, off the ball movement and ability to get into dangerous positions will be key for us.

-Emerson........................................ :goonermong:

Takeaways

-Son played furthest forward to goal and played close to Kane. This is where he's most effective and where he spent most of his time in the second half of last season. We can't keep playing him so deep as Conte's been playing him in majority of the games this season.

-As important as Harry's goals have been this season, he's is at his best when he's focused on dropping deep, winning 50/50s, holding up play and distributing. I think Conte said that Harry had a specific role yesterday and you can see what he was talking about. He looked a lot better and much more effective going back to this role.

-PEH and Bentancur are quickly becoming one of the best midfield partnerships in the league. They compliment each others' games very well. Bentancur has also allowed PEH to help on attack and it's becoming more and more apparent that PEH is getting more comfortable passing/distributing and contributing to the attack.

-Richarlison is a CF. It's clear as day. He best attributes revolves around holding the ball up, being physical, and linking play with other forwards. While he was effective yesterday in doing those things, I think he could have been even more effective had he been playing more centrally with runners around him.

-Dier has generally been solid this season and the back half of last season so I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt after yesterday's mistake. Likely nerves kicking in at the beginning of the game.

-Sess needs to play alongside Son from here on out. All 7 of Son's goal contributions this season have come playing with Sess. Him and Perisic don't link up well and don't understand each others' games. I also think that we're seeing promising signs from Sess - his pace, off the ball movement and ability to get into dangerous positions will be key for us.

No, Sess does not need to link up with Son ‘from here on out’.

He will not be playing every game. Far from it.

🙄

Do we win the group if:?

Spurs beat Sporting
Frankfurt beat Marseille

That would be:
Spurs 10
Frankfurt 7
Marseille 6
Sporting 6

Regardless of the last fixtures cause we’ve drawn and won against Frankfurt on head to head if Frankfurt beat Sporting in last game?

Yeah that’s right.

Whilst we laboured last night I felt the real disgrace last night was us....the fans. The atmosphere was so subdued it was embarrassing. We tried numerous times in the lower South to get some chants going but apart from 'yid army' it all fell flat.
It felt like the ground was full of tourists enjoying the facilities - there was no passion from the fans to lift the players and that is really frustrating.
Agree.

Where I sit, there were hardly any regular season ticket holders.

It's almost like the stadium was full of a lot of day trippers which is fine, but it doesn't really generate an atmosphere.

The atmosphere as been pretty good recently but I was surprised but not surprised by the turn out last night.

8pm midweek evening games can be a pain in the arse though what with how busy the stations get and stupid train timetables I can see why it puts people off.

The atmosphere is always going to be dull if we're starting slow and not playing on the front foot, fans want to be excited so I get it, the way we approach matches we sit in as opposed to going after our opponents which is Conte's style so I understand that but don't expect fans to get up for matches when the brand of football isn't what people want to see.

The atmosphere is always going to be dull if we're starting slow and not playing on the front foot, fans want to be excited so I get it, the way we approach matches we sit in as opposed to going after our opponents which is Conte's style so I understand that but don't expect fans to get up for matches when the brand of football isn't what people want to see.
Yeah I agree, the football largely generates the atmosphere.

When we sit in and defend there's hardly any noise but as soon as we break it does get people off their feet and noise generated.

It can be frustrating for fans to watch as you need the players to create an atmosphere and vice versa with the fans.

That is modern football, the noise levels in most grounds these days are heavily sanitised.

Yeah it was impossible to get going last night. But it was flat around the stadium beforehand, which was a contrast to pre marseille. I’ve no problem with people who actually go to games pointing it out but those who don’t have no basis to complain about the atmosphere.

Takeaways

You mentioned takeaways but then provided no info on what type of food?

Bin vote cast.

Conte will rip into the players.
When will they ever be fired up. Everyone keeps saying conte is hard bastard, he won’t be happy, he’ll be fuming blah blah blah. However after every game we come away and say they’ll be up for it next game. What happens same slow play and complacency. Rinse and repeat. What about playing for 90 minutes and what happened to put in a performance for the fitness coach?

It's on Conte and his mentality.

Liverpool put the game to bed and score 7 away from home.

We are in cruise control against 10 men and we shit the bed.

I get trying to rest players but our squad is not good enough to make 5 changes and still look good.

Finishing a CL game with Sanchez, Emerson, Lucas, Gil, Sess and Skipp is just pony.
Emerson stared ffs says it all tbh. In his infernete wisdom thisbplayers deserves to play 95 mins in CL gane after his shot show v goons. Anyone able to explain that?

He's been one of the biggest disappointments this season.

Really thought he'd waltz into our midfield given his levels at Brighton. He doesn't seem to do anything when he comes on.
His hardly played so how can show what his capable of? Remember we play this style of football where we actually don’t like to have the ball. Whereas Brighton would play out from the back with pass and move and get the ball upfiekd with fluid patterns of play. Completely different style so may take some time.

Back
Top Bottom