Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had some cunt of a woman behind me last night telling me to sit down just after we had got it back to 2-1, i had my son with me so couldn't tell her what i really thought...

Tbf, there's two sides to that coin. Ultimately, blame the laws on standing, not the lady that can't see.

IMO of course. :wanyama:

Am I not allowed my opinion then..they are playing fucking embarrassingly... naive and basicly all over the place..and the club is being run on a shoestring by a twat. Even little Leicester and crystal palace pay their players better than us. Yet we are the big club...so yes I'm fucked off with it. We have had an unbelievable chance over the last 4 years to make a real impact on the future for this club, I think our chance may have gone because those teams we were above. Including Liverpool and Chelsea have awoken up and started to act like the big clubs they say they are...i wish we would do the same. I'm not gonna just roll over all fishy because Messi was in town.. I don't support Barca, fuck Messi. Untill he signs for us anyway LMAO..

2nvgx3a-1.jpg

Tbf, there's two sides to that coin. Ultimately, blame the laws on standing, not the lady that can't see.

IMO of course. :wanyama:
Go to the football expect football norms as well, regardless of the rules (not laws - they can kick you out and ban you not arrest you for standing) on standing at the games. Same rules that prohibit swearing and abusive language. In both instances Fuck off is appropriate

(*assuming he was in an area where standing is normal or it was intermittent standing if not).

It was a champions league game not a prem game, we are 4th in the prem, still a lot of points to play for, but if we do miss out, it's not the end of the world.
Part of me quite fancies the Europa League as at least it's something we realistically have a chance of winning.

Part of me quite fancies the Europa League as at least it's something we realistically have a chance of winning.
That post is the equivalent of looking a a 20 stoner at then end of a night on the sauce and thinking i fancy a bunk up.

I'd be overjoyed if we won it, not because of the CL place either. It's a very hard competition to win, it pisses me off when people think we're above the Europa.

I'd be overjoyed if we won it, not because of the CL place either. It's a very hard competition to win, it pisses me off when people think we're above the Europa.
I fully understand prioritizing different trophies differently. But we are really not above any serious trophy. And the EL is a serious trophy.

that post is the equivalent of looking a a 20 stoner at then end of a night on the sauce and thinking i fancy a bunk up.
But at the moment, WE'RE the 25 stoner that SHE'S still considering whether to go home with...

Beggers can't be choosers!!!

I really DON'T see how we're apparently 'so above' certain Competitions like the Europa & League Cups...

We are NOT gonna win the CL this season... there, I said it! 'Cos there is at least ONE.... if not two(!!!) teams better than us in it!

The Europa League on the other hand would definitely be viable... WERE WE to stoop so low as to qualify for drop down into it!

But at the moment, WE'RE the 25 stoner that SHE'S still considering whether to go home with...

I really DON'T see how we're apparently 'so above' certain Competitions like the Europa & League Cups...

We are NOT gonna win the CL this season... there, I said it! 'Cos there is at least ONE.... if not two(!!!) teams better than us in it!

The Europa League on the other hand would definitely be viable... WERE WE to stoop so low as to qualify for drop down into it!
This is why Levy can abuse the club. Because cunts like you rationalise the rape.

We lost but what a game. Great commitment from all our players, especially Lamela and H.

I struggle to think of a better side I've seen us play against going back to the mid 90s when I started going. Can anyone else? Maybe the United side of late 90s? Real Madrid the first time? I don't watch that much football outside of Spurs, I'm aware that Barca aren't as highly rated as a few years ago, but based purely on that performance they were outstanding. Their fans, like Real Madrid, were pretty poor though. I think Getafe brought more to the Lane which says it all.

We lost but what a game. Great commitment from all our players, especially Lamela and H.

I struggle to think of a better side I've seen us play against going back to the mid 90s when I started going. Can anyone else? Maybe the United side of late 90s? Real Madrid the first time? I don't watch that much football outside of Spurs, I'm aware that Barca aren't as highly rated as a few years ago, but based purely on that performance they were outstanding. Their fans, like Real Madrid, were pretty poor though. I think Getafe brought more to the Lane which says it all.
Barcelona set the bar as far as quality is concerned but it is hard to get past Suarez. Every time I saw his face on screen I got warmer feelings for Madrid.

Not too sure how to feel today. Usually I'd be fuming and in a foul mood but I still feel surprisingly optimistic.

They're a quality side and Messi was phenomenal last night. That being said, we actually had a go at them (in the second half at least) and at some points felt like we were going to at least get a point out the game. If Moura buries the chance at 3-2 I really think we could have pushed on a got a winner.

We're slowly improving this season with each game that comes and goes. If we can stop the stupid individual mistakes that's a massive step in the right direction. Replay that game last night with Eriksen, Alli, Vertonghen and Dembele in the team and cut out the mistakes and we win comfortably.

Still a long way to go...COYS!
this.

people doing the usual bumming of Barca, but lets put this in reverse, and ask what happens if we're full strength and Barca are without Coutinho, Messi, Busquets and Pique, who are probably their equivalents of the above mentioned players.

no doubt the barca nuthuggers would all over the missing players had they been on the other side, yet there was barely a mention of our players being missing.

I've heard dickhead comments today how this apparently proves we needed reinforcements, because we couldn't beat Barca with 4 of our best 5 players missing.... ffs

You don't think there are 3 or maybe even 4 teams already in the EL better than us?

Back
Top Bottom