Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird feeling for me this Morning, usually I have that knot tied feeling in the stomach the Morning after a loss, but this Morning I am actually full of pride for the performance the "team" on the night put in. Yes, there were individual errors and yes we were outplayed for large periods, but Lamela left nothing on that Pitch last night, Moura pestered and fought and Harry again showed why he is world class and showing improving form.

Need to get away from Wembley though, too many feckin plastics, too many moaning about standing and too many fucking half/half scarfs. Back there again on Saturday grrrrr. Why are we there Saturday, doesn't give much recovery after a huge game.

On a positive note, managed to get away and home at a decent time for some reason. First time I have walked onto a platform and my train is there ready to go..

Half time tribute for Chas Hodges was nice with his Wife, Ossie and Dave involved.

COYS

Agree about Wembley. There were a couple of Barca fans in the loos near block 131 wearing fucking colours.

They re-evaluated the situation after me and another fella politely suggested an alternative course of action.

How can the stewards let them enter the Spurs sections in away colours? The 'security' is an absolute joke.

Pride in being shit? We played against perhaps the best team in the world without 4 key players.

Today you cannot criticise us for being worse than Barça, we gave it a good go and showed some quality and guts. Were you expecting us to dominate this game with Wanyama’s ghost in midfield?
We were disorganised. We were calamitous.
We do not have a squad worthy of that stage.

We had the opportunity to avoid all of the above. We didn't take it.

So many fairweather cunts sitting around me last night. Literally from minute 1 WANYAMA YOURE SHIT, DAVIES YOURE A JOKE

unbearable

Almost, but not quite a bigger bunch of cunts as those that sit at home and make those similar comments. I guess at least these lot at Wembley made the effort to get to the game.

If ever a game showed off how underrated Busquets truly is, it's that one.

He ran the show. Messi goes away with all the plaudits
100% pass accuracy last night from 68 passes

We could really benefit from someone like him with calmness on the ball and a vision of what he's going to do before he receives the ball, we would not, however, benefit from how much of a cunt he is

Not too sure how to feel today. Usually I'd be fuming and in a foul mood but I still feel surprisingly optimistic.

They're a quality side and Messi was phenomenal last night. That being said, we actually had a go at them (in the second half at least) and at some points felt like we were going to at least get a point out the game. If Moura buries the chance at 3-2 I really think we could have pushed on a got a winner.

We're slowly improving this season with each game that comes and goes. If we can stop the stupid individual mistakes that's a massive step in the right direction. Replay that game last night with Eriksen, Alli, Vertonghen and Dembele in the team and cut out the mistakes and we win comfortably.

Still a long way to go...COYS!

Agree about Wembley. There were a couple of Barca fans in the loos near block 131 wearing fucking colours.

They re-evaluated the situation after me and another fella politely suggested an alternative course of action.

How can the stewards let them enter the Spurs sections in away colours? The 'security' is an absolute joke.

The geezer i was sat next to left at half time, FFS.

Almost, but not quite a bigger bunch of cunts as those that sit at home and make those similar comments. I guess at least these lot at Wembley made the effort to get to the game.

Meh, i'd rather they stayed at home and didn't polute the atmos and genuine support.

there were quite a few in Club Wembley too. I wouldn't mind, but there were loads of empty seats at their end, why didn't they just get moved?
If we can't get tickets in the Spurs end for the Nou Camp, then I'm resigned in getting tickets wherever I can. I doubt I'll wear colours though!

Watching them play ,, it would be lovely to sign a couple of players who are happy and comfortable to receive the ball in a tight situation , and still create something.

We have to many players who just want to play the easy backwards or sideways option .

Barca didn’t even get out of second gear . We put up a fight though , but we just don’t have the quality .

I’m a big Hugo fan , always loved him , but I’m starting to think this is the beggining of the end for him .

Wow...some people just cannot criticise their team. We were never in that game, they were playing with us....maybe fear was the wrong word, what I meant was they clearly had no respect for us and treated the game like they were playing getafe ...that annoys me and should have worked to motivate our team....well maybe it did for 2 minutes...

"Some people"....

Funny, that's exactly what i was thinking.

You spent the duration of the match on here cunting the players/club off.

Being as polite as i can muster; you and your kind can fuck off. :)

there were quite a few in Club Wembley too. I wouldn't mind, but there were loads of empty seats at their end, why didn't they just get moved?
If we can't get tickets in the Spurs end for the Nou Camp, then I'm resigned in getting tickets wherever I can. I doubt I'll wear colours though!
A piece of piss to get a ticket for Nou Camp, such a myth about their stadium being full, only game it is would be against Madrid and CL semi-Final. Also, our allocation will be top tier in the gods, miles from the pitch, fuck that I'm going to pay for a seat mid or lower tier and I'm going to be singing all night long.

Back
Top Bottom