Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last edited:
This column is exactly right.

Tottenham 2-4 Barcelona: 'It's stretching reality to claim Spurs are among Europe's best' - Tottenham 2-4 Barcelona: 'It's stretching reality to claim Spurs are among Europe's best'

I don’t think any English team could have done better than we did with our injury situation. Our two best attacking midfielders, our best CM and our best CB were all missing against one of the best teams in the world with the greatest player of all time up front.

I think the grit and quality we saw from a reserve side showed we do belong in that upper bracket of teams. Everybody in the stadium thought we would get to 3-3 before Sissoko made that mistake.

To summarise - we should have reinforced in the summer and there is no shame in losing to Barca

Headline is almost Sun-like clickbait - wtf has happened to the Beeb?

For shame, Vince
No, it think McNulty gets at the lost opportunity. He recognises where we were. Where Poch wanted to take us, and how all that is now lost forever. Enjoy the Europa League - your competition of choice

Well, apparently they aren't só shite, or we are shitter.
Popped onto a Barca forum this morning and there are legit people calling for Val Verde's head after last night. Apparently it wasn't good enough and they did not like that we put up a fight and got two goals back.

Different perspectives and all that

No wonder we are who we are when even our supporters manage to rationalise our situation with some pride in being shit philosophy

Pride in being shit? We played against perhaps the best team in the world without 4 key players.

Today you cannot criticise us for being worse than Barça, we gave it a good go and showed some quality and guts. Were you expecting us to dominate this game with Wanyama’s ghost in midfield?

Weird feeling for me this Morning, usually I have that knot tied feeling in the stomach the Morning after a loss, but this Morning I am actually full of pride for the performance the "team" on the night put in. Yes, there were individual errors and yes we were outplayed for large periods, but Lamela left nothing on that Pitch last night, Moura pestered and fought and Harry again showed why he is world class and showing improving form.

Need to get away from Wembley though, too many feckin plastics, too many moaning about standing and too many fucking half/half scarfs. Back there again on Saturday grrrrr. Why are we there Saturday, doesn't give much recovery after a huge game.

On a positive note, managed to get away and home at a decent time for some reason. First time I have walked onto a platform and my train is there ready to go..

Half time tribute for Chas Hodges was nice with his Wife, Ossie and Dave involved.

COYS

Davies and Trippier in a back 4 against that lot
Lloris brain fart
Wanyama clearly not fit
Winks playing himself back to fitness
Another worldie against us
Sanchez playing like Guy Butters for 90 minutes
No - Moose
- Jan
- Dele
- Christian
- Aurier

And for 20 minutes at 2-3 we had them on the rack. Footie's a funny game.

If ever we should have played 3 at the back it was last night. I can't believe Poch thought it was a free hit. So difficuly to come from behind against a team like Barc or City who can play it out the back so skillfully and create space up the pitch if even only ONE player presses wrongly in their penalty area.

Biggest concern the form of Sanchez. Dreadful on the ball. The "pass" to Lloris that was almost the perfect through ball.

No wonder we cannot capitalise on our own progress when we have toothless fans proud of last night's amateur hour.

If I was Levy, I wouldn't give a fuck about disappointing you lot.

Insipid .

Hopefully they'll have pissed the group by the time we go there and hopefully we'll also have a fully fit squad..... be a nice way to secure qualification.....

he was pretty ropey pre-DUI too which suggests the 2 aren't related....

WC winners medal tho.... Hmmmm.
Or maybe they ARE related... maybe he's been pissed since the WC Final... where he hardly covered himself in glory either! (Apart from managing to LIFT the trophy without HARING out of the line up prematurely to collect it!)
Oh Hugo... what's happened? :llorisunsure:

Back
Top Bottom