Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

massive upside for not progressing is "being able to focus on the league and domestic cups" and hopefully sign Rabiot during the winter break although any signing mighe be unlikely.

4.40 am wake up here down under, and what a game to savour.

2nd half turnaround was testament to this squad, even missing so many starters..

Lamela just inspiring, Kane looking better, Lucas always a threat.

Disappointed in Son. Love his work ethic, but seems out of sorts.

We can hold our heads high, as that was a quality contest, even allowing for for fundamental errors at the back.

Onwards...

Thought we were completely outmatched in every facet of the game but showed some admirable grit to stay in the game & keep the scoreline respectable.

Messi was out of this world.

Little more than i stated really....

Students were goading the waiting hoards... We sang back at them, then next thing you know theres 3 more up there on said balcony shouting Yid Army back... They were confronted yet quickly cleaned house.

First time in prob over 20 years i've got to sing "Tottenham agro... whoah-whoah".

Was a welcome dose of light relief considering how brutal the queue for tubes was.

From where I was stood in that horrendous queue for the tube it looked like they started goading, then the chants of yid army then security came rushing to the balcony and used more than excessive force. Although this was all behind a misted glass balcony and looked like Football Factory v Punch & Judy

4.40 am wake up here down under, and what a game to savour.

2nd half turnaround was testament to this squad, even missing so many starters..

Lamela just inspiring, Kane looking better, Lucas always a threat.

Disappointed in Son. Love his work ethic, but seems out of sorts.

We can hold our heads high, as that was a quality contest, even allowing for for fundamental errors at the back.

Onwards...

Yea Son didn't seem to link up that well at all. Hes not the greatest passer in the world.
Kinda wish we would just play him as a backup striker so we could help focus his touches on running at the oppo backline, and shooting from everywhere around and in the box (as opposed to mostly just cutting in from the left).
Love him, but he was ineffective today, without a doubt...

Looking at the subs bench, injuries aside, there was just no-one that could come on and change a game. Lamela was already on the pitch. As the first XI go down to injuries there is nothing. No depth to the squad. The chickens have come home to roost for penny pincher cheapskate fukkhead Levy. Really, what was he thinking? He screwed the Poch and if this lack of quality carries on soon Poch is going to start thinking about the broken promises.

Looking at the subs bench, injuries aside, there was just no-one that could come on and change a game. Lamela was already on the pitch. As the first XI go down to injuries there is nothing. No depth to the squad. The chickens have come home to roost for penny pincher cheapskate fukkhead Levy. Really, what was he thinking? He screwed the Poch and if this lack of quality carries on soon Poch is going to start thinking about the broken promises.
John?

You take Messi out of the Barcelona team and place him in ours and we would have been as good if not better than them. He elevates and inspires.

We do lack quality but with 2 proper strikers, Erksen and Alli, we would have given them a better game. Winks 2nd half performance was the bonus of the evening for us I felt.

Undoubtedly we are short by 2 players for our starting line-up and 1/2 for the squad but Barcelona are hugely dependent on the little maestro and we won't face him more than once more and Barcelona won't win the Champions League.

I’m knackered.

How shit were their fans? Seem to remember Madrid’s were crap too.

Despite the result, I ain’t even mad. Couple of unforced errors gifted them goals, but the second half was really entertaining.

Lamela was immense, fought for every ball.

Ref was an absolute joke, though.

All I can say is thank fuck I’m working from home today. :avbfacepalm:

Last edited:
What a load of miserable old tosh.

1. Why would Barca "fear" anyone?

2 . We were entirely "in the game" until the 4th went in.
Wow...some people just cannot criticise their team. We were never in that game, they were playing with us....maybe fear was the wrong word, what I meant was they clearly had no respect for us and treated the game like they were playing getafe ...that annoys me and should have worked to motivate our team....well maybe it did for 2 minutes...

So... you quoted me twice (idiot) and then brought in another poster as you thought that was funny?

This whole forum knows you're a twat. What is funny is you reinforcing that at each and every chance you get.
So you speak for the whole forum now? What’s funny is that not one person agreed with your silly post. Like I said, get a job. I’m just off to do mine. Enjoy the racing or whatever it is you do.

Back
Top Bottom