Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Popped onto a Barca forum this morning and there are legit people calling for Val Verde's head after last night. Apparently it wasn't good enough and they did not like that we put up a fight and got two goals back.

Different perspectives and all that
I doubt that's a relevant perspective, I suspect those are "fans" who see Barca as nothing more than their pet fantasy team/lifestyle accessory. They'll be simultaneously on other forums moaning about Sebastian Vettel's tyres and Novak Djokovic's serve.

Its the only CL games they can get to...Spurs might as well get their money...

Was more a sneer on my part at Barca's lack of their own.

...And a swipe at the fact that those cunts have no pride and will allign with anyone just to have a cheap dig.

Beyond that, who gives a fuck who's in the away section?

The late/last minute goals thing is beginning to worry me...
Against Inter it totally cost us the match... Brighton just made for an edgy final 3 minutes...
...and last night, it only (arguably) cost us going into injury time with a modicum of optimism... but still, that's 3 or 4 late goals we've conceded, when that USED to be OUR thing of scoring them...
Either we've totally run out of steam by that point, or switched off momentarily 'cos we think the game is over...
Either way, we need to address it.

Still... at least we've stopped conceding from set-pieces!! Now it's goals conceded in Open play all the way baby!!
:pochfacepalm:

Or maybe they ARE related... maybe he's been pissed since the WC Final... where he hardly covered himself in glory either! (Apart from managing to LIFT the trophy without HARING out of the line up prematurely to collect it!)
Oh Hugo... what's happened? :llorisunsure:

I'd suspect it's more an ego thing/lack of focus rather than him being on the piss since July.

I think I might avoid the threads during the match. It’s so knee jerk and reactionary. Need to wait about an hour post game before you get posts with a bit of perspective

there were quite a few in Club Wembley too. I wouldn't mind, but there were loads of empty seats at their end, why didn't they just get moved?
If we can't get tickets in the Spurs end for the Nou Camp, then I'm resigned in getting tickets wherever I can. I doubt I'll wear colours though!
Yeah.....wearing white in the Nou Camp home area might not be the most tactful course of action

:roseunsure:

I doubt that's a relevant perspective, I suspect those are "fans" who see Barca as nothing more than their pet fantasy team/lifestyle accessory. They'll be simultaneously on other forums moaning about Sebastian Vettel's tyres and Novak Djokovic's serve.
They're more likely to be the Federer fans that call him Roger...

"Some people"....

Funny, that's exactly what i was thinking.

You spent the duration of the match on here cunting the players/club off.

Being as polite as i can muster; you and your kind can fuck off. :)
Am I not allowed my opinion then..they are playing fucking embarrassingly... naive and basicly all over the place..and the club is being run on a shoestring by a twat. Even little Leicester and crystal palace pay their players better than us. Yet we are the big club...so yes I'm fucked off with it. We have had an unbelievable chance over the last 4 years to make a real impact on the future for this club, I think our chance may have gone because those teams we were above. Including Liverpool and Chelsea have awoken up and started to act like the big clubs they say they are...i wish we would do the same. I'm not gonna just roll over all fishy because Messi was in town.. I don't support Barca, fuck Messi. Untill he signs for us anyway LMAO..

Am I not allowed my opinion then..they are playing fucking embarrassingly... naive and basicly all over the place..and the club is being run on a shoestring by a twat. Even little Leicester and crystal palace pay their players better than us. Yet we are the big club...so yes I'm fucked off with it. We have had an unbelievable chance over the last 4 years to make a real impact on the future for this club, I think our chance may have gone because those teams we were above. Including Liverpool and Chelsea have awoken up and started to act like the big clubs they say they are...i wish we would do the same. I'm not gonna just roll over all fishy because Messi was in town.. I don't support Barca, fuck Messi. Untill he signs for us anyway LMAO..
I meant gushy not fishy lol

Leicester and Palace absolutely do not pay their players better.

Didn't see the game, just seen the extended highlights. Looks like we could have been 4 down by half-time but could've stolen a draw if we could have brought Dele on instead of Sissoko

Mainly miserable cliched rambling on your part. I wasn't gushing over Messi... You called ME out for not being able to criticize the team (like thats some pre-requisite for being a proper supporter!?!?) Doubt you'll find me even mention him in this entire thread. Beneath the surface of your comments you're just burying your head and moaning about spending.

(If CP want to overpay average to poor players thats their own stupid fault... Just ask the goons how overpaying has panned out for them.)

If that's the sum total of your opinion; you're 'welcome' to it... Albeit like a fart is welcome in a lift.

Last edited:
So many fairweather cunts sitting around me last night. Literally from minute 1 WANYAMA YOURE SHIT, DAVIES YOURE A JOKE

unbearable
Had some cunt of a woman behind me last night telling me to sit down just after we had got it back to 2-1, i had my son with me so couldn't tell her what i really thought...

I was actually ok with the performance last night. First half hour we were shaky, but the team were full of injuries. After that we really came into it and gave them a good match. Lloris was at fault for a couple of goals, but the Rakitic one was out of nothing.

If they didnt have Messi yesterday I think we'd have got a result. I honestly think that was one of his greatest performances last night. He is a genius.

It's going to be tough now to qualify, but giving we play Barca last, in which they should have qualified, it plays into our hands. We can best PSV and Inter.

If we play like we did from 30 mins onwards for the rest of the season then I believe we'll have a good season.

Back
Top Bottom