Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Busquets is a very good player

But let's not talk like he's prime Zidane level

He was rated fairly highlu, and then known mainly for being a cheating pussy. Then some managers praised him with some famous quotes and suddenly every football hipster can't stop sucking his dick.

Zindane and Busquets. Not the same position or style of play. Horrible comparison. He has been part of multiple CL titles teams and has been praised for years about his ability. Does he dive? Sure. Does he work the game on a referee level? Yep. Would we want that? You’d be crazy to not want Busquets in your 11.

And the most hateful, whining cheating shite in world football.

That I would take in my side in a second. He is class end of.

I had a lot more fun watching that game tonight than I had seeing some of our bland victories in the past.

The way we fought back at 2-3 was great to see, and we came so close to drawing level. Proud of the team. We made Barca put in a shift, and left them knowing they were in a game.
I do love your optimism, but I would much rather watch a victory than any loss. Not sure we ever were gonna get back into that game after hugos howler..Also not sure they ever had any fears about playing against us, if they did there homework on this season's performances..

I do love your optimism, but I would much rather watch a victory than any loss. Not sure we ever were gonna get back into that game after hugos howler..Also not sure they ever had any fears about playing against us, if they did there homework on this season's performances..

What a load of miserable old tosh.

1. Why would Barca "fear" anyone?

2 . We were entirely "in the game" until the 4th went in.

Very tough night .... but props for the effort .... never easy missing half the side, but apart from two horrible mistakes, we were in the game for quite a while ....

Inter and Barca could stitch up first and second but I doubt they will ... one advantage we have is playing Barca last ... they will probably have won the group by then and may go easy ...

Beat PSV well twice, and then Inter at home by 2 goals ... and it's not all over yet ...

It was always going to be difficult against Barca, the lads up front did all they could. The midfield was a shambles though and we really could have used Alli and Eriksen and probably chuck in another body in there to help. I also feel we are too loyal to the players who are not in the best of form and we should let guys like Gazza who haven't done anything wrong keep their place. Defending was all over the place and really should have played Rose if he was fully fit.

Just got in, haven't read anything on here yet.

Bottom line we were beaten by a far better side than us tonight. But so proud of our fight, stuck at it, didn't let our heads drop once and I actually enjoyed that 2nd half performance, I hope the lads will look at that 2nd half take the positives from it. All the more credible given the number of the 1st team out injured.

I thought we played alright between their first and 2nd goals without creating too much for ourselves, we were competitive whilst not the best side.

Every one of their goals came via an undefended right flank of ours AGAIN, Tripps. Whilst Lloris was rash for the first goal, just stand back for a 2nd and think what is going through his mind when the ball is played behind Tripps, he's thinking "fuck", he shouldn't have come out as he had so much ground to make up but Tripps should have dealt with the ball played behind him. As a defender, he will cost us goals and against the Barca's of this world we aren't going to outscore them whilst this weak-link is in the defence. Thought he was OK on the ball tonight, just a liability as a defender.

Very mixed bag from Winks, so many people I bumped into said he was fantastic tonight, must have been watching a different game to me, when Barca walk the ball through your midfield and he is in your midfield, then how can you say he had a good game? Granted both he and Wanyamma were outnumbered tonight (2v3) but the fact is Barca bossed our midfield. In the 2nd half, he was much more improved and was pressing them harder and quicker and on the ball was carrying it into the spaces.

Disappointing night from Son, he tried but was totally ineffective.

Again as in our past games this season I enjoyed watching Lucas, but again both he and Kane just don't link.

I think Davies was quite good, especially going forward, it was a determined and committed performance from him. Defensively he had a hard night dealing with Messi, but Messi didn't get behind him, everything was in front of him, basically playing in the half-space behind Winks/Wanyama and in front of the defence. Although, just how do you stop Messi? The guy was fucking everywhere, not just in that right-hand pocket.

Kane, was excellent tonight and scored a very well taken goal (his best of the season so far).

Lamela was our best player by quite some margin, what a performance both with and without the ball, snapping into tackles, getting in their faces, fearless. Had he not be playing tonight I don't think we would have stayed in the game, it takes this attitude, this commitment to raise the game of those around you. Love this lad, plays like a Tottenham fan.

If we play like we did in the 2nd half for the full 90 in the return game, we can win. If we can have that attitude with our best players on the pitch, we will win.

As for them, this was the first time I've seen Messi in the flesh, what a player, without him we would have won tonight. Their 2nd goal, that was some hit but the build-up to it still makes my blood boil with Tripps not close enough to the oppo allowing the ball to be crossed to Rakitic. Busquets, he's some footballer too, always in the right place at the right time, fuck knows how many passes he made tonight but we need to stop him getting on the ball when we play them.

What with Inter winning tonight it's not looking good for us to qualify but still many more games to be played out and we are getting better. We are better than Inter and I would hope PSV (although I haven't seen them play this year they are significantly better side than Ajax, who are picking up plaudits this year).

Very tough night .... but props for the effort .... never easy missing half the side, but apart from two horrible mistakes, we were in the game for quite a while ....

Inter and Barca could stitch up first and second but I doubt they will ... one advantage we have is playing Barca last ... they will probably have won the group by then and may go easy ...

Beat PSV well twice, and then Inter at home by 2 goals ... and it's not all over yet ...

1-0 vs Inter would suffice due to away goals head-2-head.

In hindsight, Inter were pretty fucking lucky.

Sorry mate but that’s rubbish. Barca were immense tonight and I say that through gritted teeth.

The amount of passages of play where we pressed the shit out of them but every ball landed at a Barca players feet... I was staggered.

They are sharp as fuck and taught us a lot about how to press in packs and also make sure the ball handler should always have an option. Depressing but there it is.

First was a sucker punch, second was a mighty swinger... but fuck me they were tight when it mattered.

They’re a very good side certainly and they were better than our reserves but I maintain that if they didn’t have Messi then the result would have been close

We gifted them the first goal
The second was a great strike but a fluke

They were fortunate especially with the ref who gave us nothing

What can I say? We needed to buy a quality midfielder and we didn't.
Rose should have played tonight and he didn't.
And Gazzanigga should have played with the team under instruction to cut out the back passes.
I didn't see the game, I've only seen Hugo's crazy charge that lead to Coutinho's goal.

A)What can I say? We needed to buy a quality midfielder and we didn't.
And Gazzanigga should have played with the team under instruction to cut out the back passes.
B) I didn't see the game, I've only seen Hugo's crazy charge that lead to Coutinho's goal.​

A) In light of B.... How about nothing, Mr 'Zero Insight'.

B) FFS!

I can imagine in my mind's eye how the game went tonight.

Lol.... Just LOL!

Well, Rose was deemed no fit enough, so you're off to a damn flawed start already.

Genuine question, do you honestly think anyone gives a fuck for the OPINION of someone that didnt even watch game.
.. Let alone to read them cooing that they correctly predicted a loss.

Last edited:
What can I say? We needed to buy a quality midfielder and we didn't.
I didn't see the game, I've only seen Hugo's crazy charge that lead to Coutinho's goal.

I didn't see the game so anything you say is just prejudice bullshit based on nothing ... right got it ....

Back
Top Bottom