Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's no "but" about it. Two days between these games is really unacceptable, especially considering that the PL have insisted a winter break this year for the "protection of the players".

Meanwhile, RB Leipzig will be playing on Sat giving them the extra day. And it's this which is key, if both teams had the same recovery and prep between the fixtures then there isn't too much of an issue. But this extra day is a big difference, our players will not have even got the lactic acid out of their legs.

I'm sorry but that's wrong.

Lactic acid will have cleared by then. It'll be back to baseline values within a few hours of the end of the game. But there's no denying that the extra days rest will have allowed the muscle fibres to replenish fuel, particularly glycogen.

No reason why they couldn't have played the wolves game on Sunday and us on Friday. Or even the Burnley game where neither team is in Europe.

WVpwPCI.jpg

Gazza, Winks, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Lamela, Alli, Parrott

Having played Villa 2 days before this one, and Chelsea following about 2.5 days later, think we need to rotate a little to ensure we have a couple of fresh players v Chelsea.

Think I'd start Ndombele with a view to replacing him with Lo Celso in the second half, and start Tanganga to rest Davies (JM said he wasn't fit enough to play all the games) for Chelsea - after Chelsea we should have a free week..

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Sanchez Tanganga
Winks, Ndombele
Moura Dele Bergwijn
Son
Subs : Gazzzaniga, Dier, Vertonghen, Gedson, Skipp, Sessegnon Lo Celso

Rested/not selected : Davies, Parrott ....and maybe Lamela if fit

The Villa line up almost certainly had this game in mind ... Davies got 90 minutes in his legs and baring a negative reaction should be available for Wednesday. Ndombele got more time off as did LoCelso.

I could see Moura getting sat down for this one, whilst we will want to win we will want to make sure we don't lose just as much, will we go with Toby's experience or Sanchez and Tanganga's pace?

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Tanganga Davies
Winks, LoCelso
Ndombele Dele Bergwijn
Son

Subs : Gazzaniga, Dier, Toby, Vertonghen, Gedson, Moura, Sessegnon

or maybe not ...........

The Villa line up almost certainly had this game in mind ... Davies got 90 minutes in his legs and baring a negative reaction should be available for Wednesday. Ndombele got more time off as did LoCelso.

I could see Moura getting sat down for this one, whilst we will want to win we will want to make sure we don't lose just as much, will we go with Toby's experience or Sanchez and Tanganga's pace?

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Tanganga Davies
Winks, LoCelso
Ndombele Dele Bergwijn
Son

Subs : Gazzaniga, Dier, Toby, Vertonghen, Gedson, Moura, Sessegnon

or maybe not ...........

I would usually agree about Lucas getting a break but we come off of a winter break so hopefully his legs won't be too heavy for Wednesday and Saturday. Get these two out of the way undefeated and we are set up hugely well as we kick onto the home straight.

I'd go with a high line, expose their apparent defensive misses in Konate, Orban, Adams at DM, Upamecano and use lace at the back to compensate.

4-2-3-1

Lloris
Aurier
Sanchez
Alderweireld
Tanganga
Winks
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Lucas
Son

Dele shouldn't be starting this one. His finishing was poxy earlier so I'd like him, along with Lamela, Gedson offering depth from the bench. Tough break if it happens but I think this is a game for pace, especially if they are missing those heavy defensive numbers. Ndombele off around the hour mark for Del or Gedson, depending on how the game is going. Still undecided if I'd go with Dele from the off and Tanguy on the bench but Del needs a bit of fire in him, let's see if an hours worth of splinters on his arse does the job.

Simply have to defend better. Limiting away goals is vital but can't see us doing it. Therefore gonna have to be more clinical and out score the buggers. Gonna be tough...

Answer me then.
Ok - for the last time...

In your OP you wrote Jose is on his way to win his 4th CL. When in fact he’s only won in twice so the post should read ‘on his way to win his 3rd’

Literally the entire forum has called you out on it - why can’t you admit you were wrong? Arguing otherwise makes you look horribly thick

Ok - for the last time...

In your OP you wrote Jose is on his way to win his 4th CL. When in fact he’s only won in twice so the post should read ‘on his way to win his 3rd’

Literally the entire forum has called you out on it - why can’t you admit you were wrong? Arguing otherwise makes you look horribly thick

Well, it turns out he won the league with United 2 seasons ago; so anything is possible.

Off work Wednesday so I’m getting up there double early, will most probably be in the bricklayers depending on what my mates are saying. if anyone is about early give me a shout

Off work Wednesday so I’m getting up there double early, will most probably be in the bricklayers depending on what my mates are saying. if anyone is about early give me a shout

A nice piece of history for you Bricklayer dweller. Line 14 of this book I came across says that the first local to get his hands on the first major trophy we won, who went onto actually fill the cup was in fact a local Tottenham Bricklayer. I wonder if this is where the legend of drinking from the trophy actually began all the way back in 1901:

p29.jpg

The rest of the book and its pages can be found on the below link if anyone missed the thread previously:

Back
Top Bottom