Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We just got beaten at home by a team missing 4 defenders. Made 4 straight Champions Leagues. That's 300M+ pounds. Declared world record profits. Yet haven't bought a Left Back since 2014, sold a great Right Back & replaced him with 2 crap ones & started the season with 1 striker. I'm so done with this bald bastard.
Bye - another fair weather supporter who won't be missed

Your bias is just screaming from that post "played off the park" we were second best, but 55-45% and 16 shots to 12 is not played off the park .... last night City played the Spammers 78-22% and 20 shots to 3 now that's played off the park.

We were outplayed by a very good side, but we hung in there and for the last 30 minutes were very arguably the better side, their keeper got MoM - why are you always with the hate?
He isn't "always with the hate" but is prepared to say what needs to be said. Save that kind of reaction for the cobblers that blakey posts.

Than don't watch and don't post .... your negativity depresses everyone if you don't like it stay quiet. Listening to you howling on about how shit we are, only the other trolls wants to hear that ... we all have eyes we don't need some self appointed troll telling us we're shit fifty times a game ... go tell that to the Spammers or the Gooners just leave us alone. Fuck off with praising the opposition and slagging off Spurs that just makes you look a dick.

I love watching Spurs, I enjoy Champions League, Spurs are not "fucking shite" - you're just an utter cunt, is that clear enough?
And that post just qualified you for your last line.
Totally unnecessary

Your posts are 99% negative bollocks .....

"US" are all true Spurs fans who wouldn't even dream of publicly calling their own club "fucking shit" .... only a troll would ever do that, and if that's not clear enough for you as you seem to struggle with comprehension, I'm calling you out as a trolling cunt .... OK you got that now?
You really are quite nasty when let out of your cage for the night. I guess this is your way of letting off steam when you have watched us been played off the park for the umpteenth time.
Me? I just prefer to talk about the game.

Guido, considering you have a similar take on the interim one perhaps you should take in the Getafe-Ajax game tomorrow. If you haven't seen Getafe it is a different 'defensive' paradigm to Jose's 'hope they don't take their chances' approach. It is quite active instead of reactive ie modern and not jurassic. I described them on these pages as a 90 minute cage match if you are familiar with the wrestling metaphor. They will deal with a fluid team quite differently to how Atleti did with Pool and light years beyond our hit and hope(less) style.
Thanks for the heads up.

Can't see many positives from last night, we weren't never as bad as that cunt Jenas made out all game but we did surrender the first 70 minutes against a side that we are far better than IMO , will we ever control a game again?

If we get through it means 2 more games against an even better opponent while fighting for top 4 and a domestic cup run. All that with 17 fit outfield players.

This group of players are fucking heroes. We should get behind them.
We should scream and shout and back them until the very end.

The realist in me says we should probably bow out of the CL and focus on the league and possibly the FA cup.

But fuck that, TO GLORY

I don’t crave respect from anyone and I say what the fuck I want pal

But it's all so aggressive and I'm sorry but I beg to differ. I think deep down, psychologically, you need approvakwhich is why you always continue these debates long after their sell by date and get frustrated at anyone who doesn't agree. I agree that you can and should say what you want but surely most of us long time lurkers and posters 'know' each other and yet you often speak to us like we are your mortal enemy rather than a member of the same community as you and all of the passion that we all have should be directed towards our club rather than come out negatively towards other members of this fab community (that between you and I was a saviour for me during the darkest and most shameful period of my life and reading comments on here made me laugh and realise there was light at the other end of the tunnel). Its a shame your passion seems to get misdirected and come out as vitriol and hatred and aggression towards others who are part of this family. Take care sammy

Ultimately our biggest issue is a genuine lack of cover for Kane. I think that needs sorting this summer, it's vital we do so. Llorente was a good move for what we required for two years and I honestly don't know how genuine the Dybala attempts were but it's a necessity we do so. Sonny's injury couldn't have come at a worse time it's a hammer blow.

Injuries happen but fuck me we get our fair share of them don't we.

NO. Nononono.
Our biggest issue is that we are not able to control midfield if our lives depended on it.

Yesterday Kane would have been very very comfortably marked out of the game. We could not move the ball through their midfield block quickly, as we did not have a player to dribble/run/pass the ball past one or two of their midfielders - even Ndombele only rarely offered it at the end of the game.

And as a result of that whenever ball reached our attacking players, they were marked by 2-4 Leipzig defenders. Kane would not dribble through whole defense on his own, don't create such an illusion.

We desperately needed someone like Dembele or even fit Wanyama or ... well fit Ndombele (which we not see this season, I have accepted that already) on the field. So we'd have someone who could hold on to the ball under pressure and break the lines. None of our CM's managed to do that (though Lo Celso was closest to it)...

Though other thing that hurt my eyes was our style of play at times. Not tactics but just approach to playing.

Penalty situation was brilliant example. When the cross came in, Davies was watching and waiting the ball to reach him. Leipzig player for a change actually MOVED TOWARDS the ball to put him in better position. And Davies was totally caught off guard, panicked and conceded stupid penalty.

Thought such scenario repeated quite often all around the pitch as well. We were static and waiting for the ball to reach us, while Leipzig players reacted quicker and with more aggressiveness and actually won the ball.

Worrying.

People are still sat around at games questioning the atmosphere, the atmosphere is dead because the football is. No amount of singing would make the team break from the usual first 75 mins of doing fuck all. It's what he's asking them to do.

Levy totally to blame. Can’t try and act like a big club without doing the bare minimum basics.
It's fucking bizarre.
We've had Jose practically on his knees begging for a striker all through January.

We've even had some of the most extrene Levy brown nosers saying that failing to bring in a quality striker would be unforgivable.

And here we are. Trying to botch our way through the rest of the season with square pegs in round holes and STILL it seems he's above criticism.

Stockholm Syndrome prevails.

I can't stand the clickbait punditry at ESPN, seriously probably the worst group I have ever listened to. But it's well worth skipping all the studio turds and just jumping to Leboeuf, who nails it and is completely authentic, also having played under Jose in one of his best-ever periods as a manager makes his comments worth listening to.

Back
Top Bottom