Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of talk about a striker. Do people genuinely believe we would have outplayed and beaten these guys yesterday with Giroud or Ighalo up top? I’m not excusing our lack of proactivity in the market but it isn’t why we lost.

You lot are losing the plot.

We missed Son and Kane in the last 20 mins when we had them pinned back and struggled to create clear cut chances.

The first 70 is all about our tactical approach. Passive, defensive, no faith in our ability to play through MF, no tweak to the tactics bearing in mind our forward is 5’8. We let them have possession and dictate play and resorted to long balls.

It’s how Jose has approached every big game for years now. He afforded Sevilla far too much respect when Utd manager and he did the same last night. The first half had nothing to do with personnel.

Lots of talk about a striker. Do people genuinely believe we would have outplayed and beaten these guys yesterday with Giroud or Ighalo up top? I’m not excusing our lack of proactivity in the market but it isn’t why we lost.

You lot are losing the plot.

We missed Son and Kane in the last 20 mins when we had them pinned back and struggled to create clear cut chances.

The first 70 is all about our tactical approach. Passive, defensive, no faith in our ability to play through MF, no tweak to the tactics bearing in mind our forward is 5’8. We let them have possession and dictate play and resorted to long balls.

It’s how Jose has approached every big game for years now. He afforded Sevilla far too much respect when Utd manager and he did the same last night. The first half had nothing to do with personnel.

It’s not about out playing it’s about having someone to play off which a top striker generally affords you and personal is a huge element.

If we had a top mobile DM, a fully fit Ndombele, a fully fit Son the result could have been very different. We would still be playing counter attack but just doing it a lot better and a lot more dangerously.

But it's all so aggressive and I'm sorry but I beg to differ. I think deep down, psychologically, you need approvakwhich is why you always continue these debates long after their sell by date and get frustrated at anyone who doesn't agree. I agree that you can and should say what you want but surely most of us long time lurkers and posters 'know' each other and yet you often speak to us like we are your mortal enemy rather than a member of the same community as you and all of the passion that we all have should be directed towards our club rather than come out negatively towards other members of this fab community (that between you and I was a saviour for me during the darkest and most shameful period of my life and reading comments on here made me laugh and realise there was light at the other end of the tunnel). Its a shame your passion seems to get misdirected and come out as vitriol and hatred and aggression towards others who are part of this family. Take care sammy
You say it’s aggressive yet the post got three funnies
Maybe lighten up a bit

Than don't watch and don't post .... your negativity depresses everyone if you don't like it stay quiet. Listening to you howling on about how shit we are, only the other trolls wants to hear that ... we all have eyes we don't need some self appointed troll telling us we're shit fifty times a game ... go tell that to the Spammers or the Gooners just leave us alone. Fuck off with praising the opposition and slagging off Spurs that just makes you look a dick.

I love watching Spurs, I enjoy Champions League, Spurs are not "fucking shite" - you're just an utter cunt, is that clear enough?
we were beaten by a penalty, one penalty!! Finished the better team imo

A football club like Spurs is a many multi million pound enterprise. Its main asset is the team. Footballers get injured.
How is it then, that the whole business falls apart just because two players get injured?

It’s not about out playing it’s about having someone to play off which a top striker generally affords you and personal is a huge element.

If we had a top mobile DM, a fully fit Ndombele, a fully fit Son the result could have been very different. We would still be playing counter attack but just doing it a lot better and a lot more dangerously.

The result might have been different granted, but my point was that the approach wouldn’t have been. And I don’t think we needed to show them that much respect.

Bear in mind they were missing a number of defenders one of which is considered one of the best in the Bundesliga. They adapted and stuck to their principles. We didn’t.

You say it doesn’t need explaining yet you feel that next seasons circumstances in the CL will be the same as they are now
Are we magically going to be better than all of these teams you say aren’t worth playing this season? Just because we have Kane and Son back? We’ll still have 9 of the players that got dominated on the pitch last night playing.
We are never going to be favourites for the champions league, in fact we’ll never even be in the top 5 favourites.
With your logic that means we should give up in it the minute we play a good side every year

We’re spurs, we should play to win absolutely everything we can, otherwise we’re just flopping about in mediocrity trying to prioritise competitions that we may have a slightly better chance of winning, and ultimately winning none of them

Aim high or don’t bother

A football club like Spurs is a many multi million pound enterprise. Its main asset is the team. Footballers get injured.
How is it then, that the whole business falls apart just because two players get injured?

chronic underinvestment and negligence with regard squad building and succession planning.

Thanks Dan.

Are we magically going to be better than all of these teams you say aren’t worth playing this season? Just because we have Kane and Son back? We’ll still have 9 of the players that got dominated on the pitch last night playing.
We are never going to be favourites for the champions league, in fact we’ll never even be in the top 5 favourites.
With your logic that means we should give up in it the minute we play a good side every year

We’re spurs, we should play to win absolutely everything we can, otherwise we’re just flopping about in mediocrity trying to prioritise competitions that we may have a slightly better chance of winning, and ultimately winning none of them

Aim high or don’t bother
It’s not called magic.
What I said was:
After a pre season
A fit squad
New signings
Plus deadwood out

Seems like you do need it explaining after all

I slip beyond football when people like you take it off topic.
That’s the irony. YOU brought it here.
I did and I'm happy with that...but the true irony is you say you're only here to talk football but then knowingly talk about other things when it suits your agenda. You are hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom