TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v woolwich - Sat, 10 Feb, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like everything I read with comments from Woolwich fans or pundits is honest enough to say we should have got 4 or 5 and there was no real contest.

Pretty defeatist picture for the rest of their season. Realistically expecting 6th. 5th if they can get close to Chelsea.

So I’m hoping for a 3 way race for second after the United result yesterday.

United next 2 home games - Chelsea and Liverpool
:ledleylick:

I noticed that in both this and the united game two players we hate were targeted – Wheelchair and Sanchez. The tackles and fouls came think and fast... This is no coincidence I feel these players have been identified by Poch and the players have the green light to go in hard on them.

It knocks the opposition off their game, gets our fans going and unites the players on the pitch giving them a little more fire in their bellies. It's been great to see and something I personally feel we've been missing. Our discipline and control is good but we are being very clever with how we play and prepare for a game

Hard fought well deserved victory. It doesn't get much better than beating utd & Woolwich in the space of a few weeks.
Great cross & header to win it. We wanted it more than them in the end.
Top 4 is probably going to be a tight race.
So we need to scrap for every point going & try not to relax too much against the relegation battlers.

I used to feel he went through the motions of closing down but now he gets really tight and looks to nick the ball away. They all do it's like they have been coached how to defend. It's these little challenges in the middle of the park that are giving us our quick breaks.
Eriksen has always been brilliant at getting a toe-in to nick the ball away, he's also been pretty good (improving under Poch) and using his body to get in front of the oppo (think this is a Poch thing, as can't think of a single player in our team that doesn't have great body shape when challenging for the ball). Eriksen will never "tackle" in the sense going for a 50/50 foot against foot (if that makes sense) and I'm OK with this, his heading has improved, still doesn't win too many arial battles but he does jump and compete for it and it's not halfhearted anymore.

I'm fine accepting this side of his game, the difference between our front 4 and Woolwich's at the weekend was startling, all our lads pressed from the front, all competed for the ball.

I would agree with others though who have pointed out Eriksen's closing down in the last 10mins, he was doing this with some intensity, which really helped out the team especially as Kane and Dele were blowing out of their arses that last 10 mins, Kane dropped very deep just to be the extra body in the centre, Dele went almost CF supported by Lamela and Eriksen and Lamela did all the pressing. Massive contribution at the end and duly noted.

I have a date tonight with a Gooner. We agreed before the match that whatever the result, we would only have a designated 10 minute window in the date where we would be allowed to talk about it/rip each other about it... so I am preparing a slideshow of all the best material I can find.

While I should probably hold back a bit as I do quite want to nail her, I'm also quite tempted just to go all out for 10 minutes and leave her in tears...

I have a date tonight with a Gooner. We agreed before the match that whatever the result, we would only have a designated 10 minute window in the date where we would be allowed to talk about it/rip each other about it... so I am preparing a slideshow of all the best material I can find.

While I should probably hold back a bit as I do quite want to nail her, I'm also quite tempted just to go all out for 10 minutes and leave her in tears...
Bit of painal for her afterwards methinks.

And the highly respected Hugo!

I’ve made my opinion of Sissoko quite clear and don’t rate him in our 1st XI but excellent back up
That's my opinion as well. Perfectly fine player to have in the squad but should not be starting every week. But always nice to have on hand once injuries start racking up or someone needs a rest

I noticed that in both this and the united game two players we hate were targeted – Wheelchair and Sanchez. The tackles and fouls came think and fast... This is no coincidence I feel these players have been identified by Poch and the players have the green light to go in hard on them.

It knocks the opposition off their game, gets our fans going and unites the players on the pitch giving them a little more fire in their bellies. It's been great to see and something I personally feel we've been missing. Our discipline and control is good but we are being very clever with how we play and prepare for a game

To be honest I think poch/we are a bit more sophisticated than that:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom