TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v woolwich - Sat, 10 Feb, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perform like we did at home to United and we'll fucking blew these lot away. They will not be able to cope with the movement of Dele, the creativity of Eriksen or the pure fear Kane will bring to their hideous defence. Dembele and Dier not being involved in any way shape or form today means they'll probably start and Xhaka and Wilshere have no chance. They'll even probably play Ramsey to make it a midfield three and Dembele will still hold them all down on his own.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Dele - Eriksen - Son
Kane
That's the line up I think Pochettino will go with, just based on who was missing today. Though I also wouldn't be surprised if he went with a back three and Son was dropped (amazingly!), just because I think he really really likes Sanchez and he performs a lot better with Alderweireld alongside him.

Really excited about Lucas' involvement. He'll probably come on about the 75th-80th minute and likely for Dele or Son. Hopefully we're in the lead by then and not relying on him to come on and change the game. Also realised that our bench for the game is likely to be:

Vorm, Aurier, Wanyama, Winks, Lucas, Lamela, Llorente

Which is pretty damn strong. Probably the strongest it's been all season and we have the likes of Winks who can come on and change the dynamic of the game. Lamela who adds creativity. Lucas, who should hopefully add some pace if needed and Wanyama who can add a bit more cover in midfield.

As I was saying at the start, play like we did against United and even the second half against Liverpool and we'll win this. Based on that kind of performance:

2-0
Kane x2

Perform like we did at home to United and we'll fucking blew these lot away. They will not be able to cope with the movement of Dele, the creativity of Eriksen or the pure fear Kane will bring to their hideous defence. Dembele and Dier not being involved in any way shape or form today means they'll probably start and Xhaka and Wilshere have no chance. They'll even probably play Ramsey to make it a midfield three and Dembele will still hold them all down on his own.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Dele - Eriksen - Son
Kane
That's the line up I think Pochettino will go with, just based on who was missing today. Though I also wouldn't be surprised if he went with a back three and Son was dropped (amazingly!), just because I think he really really likes Sanchez and he performs a lot better with Alderweireld alongside him.

Really excited about Lucas' involvement. He'll probably come on about the 75th-80th minute and likely for Dele or Son. Hopefully we're in the lead by then and not relying on him to come on and change the game. Also realised that our bench for the game is likely to be:

Vorm, Aurier, Wanyama, Winks, Lucas, Lamela, Llorente

Which is pretty damn strong. Probably the strongest it's been all season and we have the likes of Winks who can come on and change the dynamic of the game. Lamela who adds creativity. Lucas, who should hopefully add some pace if needed and Wanyama who can add a bit more cover in midfield.

As I was saying at the start, play like we did against United and even the second half against Liverpool and we'll win this. Based on that kind of performance:

2-0
Kane x2
If Toby starts over Sanchez as you predict, then Sanchez would still be on the bench. No way he'll be dropped entirely!

If Toby starts over Sanchez as you predict, then Sanchez would still be on the bench. No way he'll be dropped entirely!

Actually, you're probably right - unless Poch feels Dier can just drop in and we can bring Wanyama on.

It's likely to be Winks that misses out for Sanchez on the bench then.

-----------------------------Lloris----------------------------
Aurier----Alderweireld----Vertonghen----Davies
--------------------Dier------------Dembele--------------
Son------------------------Dele-------------------Eriksen
-----------------------------Kane------------------------------

Harsh on Sanchez, but don't think it's the time to revert to a back 3 and Toby's experience will be far more invaluable in this game. I think Poch will play Sanchez though.

Just win. Don't care how.

Biggest game of the season deserves the strongest lineup possible.

----------------------------Lloris

Aurier----Aldeweireld----Vertonghen----Rose

------------------Wanyama----Dembele
Moura---------------Lamela--------------Eriksen

-----------------------------Kane

COYS!

This is massive. Biggest game of the season so far. We win, we end their hopes of top 4 and really put pressure on Liverpool and Chelsea. Losing a is unthinkable.

Woolwich have some very decent attacking options now. Aubameyang is a good addition, and his pace could cause us issues. We need to be alert to it, as well as keeping Mhikitariyan closed down as often as we can. Their defence is their worst area, and I think Kane, Dele, Eriksen and Son could really do some damage.

After the Newport match I’d say we’re going to line up with..

- Lloris -
- Tripps - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
- Dier - Dembele -
- Son - Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -

I’d be surprised to see a back 3, as the only player who’d be dropped is Son, and he’s been our best player over recent weeks.

I think this match will be a lot closer than most are making out, and we need to be at our best to win. Play like we have against all the other big teams and we’ll have too much.

Biggest game of the season deserves the strongest lineup possible.

----------------------------Lloris

Aurier----Aldeweireld----Vertonghen----Rose

------------------Wanyama----Dembele
Moura---------------Lamela--------------Eriksen

-----------------------------Kane

COYS!
No Son ? Big call putting Moura in for his debut in a game this big.

200.gif

They’re coming to Wem-ber-ley

I think Poch will stick with the 11 that played MU & Liverpool. Some of today's team will play in the CL and after that it will depend on performance. Big ask to play Toby in 3 matches in 6 days and we need him in italy.

Back
Top Bottom