Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched the whole game wanting them to beat the Bindippers mk2 but they were gash!

What was worse was that they gave up long before the end in front of their fans and new manager!

Almost on a par with what the Chavs did to Jose

Almost but IMO nothing could ever stoop that low

We get an early goal floodgates might open

COYS

Starting to feel, much like the Monaco, game that we are underestimating Sunderland and expecting a walkover. I hope the players don't feel the same.

Saying that. 5-0 win. Defoe hattrick. Kane with the other two.

Start with Janssen, Sissoko, and Dembele, simply for reasons of post European game squad rotation. Maybe even give Wimmer a start if he's available. Kane's form will improve with games, but if we're to compete on all fronts we need to make some rotations.

I know people on this forum say this and that about you must play whoever but no-one should be a certainty. Lloris was off form for much of last season, even he should be pressured. For me only Dembele over the past year or so is close to undroppable based on performance.

Toby too, surely?

It's Monday 19th September and we're fucking 3rd in the league, all whilst not playing particularly well and flying under the media radar again. The Kane injury is a worry, however he's looked leggy this season even having scored two on the bounce. Give Janssen some games and let's see if he is an able deputy. It's a squad game and we'll need the ones on the bench to be ready to do a job.

#happyclapper #COYS

Last edited:
xEZZNGI.gif

On my way back from WHL.

Not the best game, it has to be said. We looked very tired, especially in the second half. Sunderland were so fucking dull. At 1-0 they still didn't really go for it, so we didn't get the space we might have hoped for until right near the end.

A win after the CL loss is important and it's still just the start of the season, but I just hope we are being careful with players' fitness as we did seem shot to bits.

Rest and recuperation for Kane could be good for him, but our striking options are something of a concern. Didn't realise Soldado had come back...
You and Joe Clash Joe Clash need to sit down and have a talk about your avatars. Draw straws or flip a coin, whatever you like.

Modern Tottenham-winning Tottenham: we had total control of the first half although they had the best opportunity to score. We dominated the second half also but needed an error form Papy Djilobodji (100 score in Scrabble) to get the break through. In the past we would have lost 1-0 especially after a euro game.

For me, it show we are a decent side and will get better as season progresses. This performance was good tonic after Wednesday and let it continue.

Possession 74% Shots 31 Corners 14.

Just a heads up, there's going to be a round of applause for an old mate of mine, who sadly passed away on the 6th. Feels so odd to have something like this happen to someone you know, he was a proper yid through and through and has had a shit time with illness his whole life. Always had a smile and would always talk Tottenham, whenever I bumped into him. I can't make the game but hopefully you boys who will be there can do me proud, I know his family are going to really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom