Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Henry and Niall Quinn in the studio. That's two gooners for Spurs, no Jamie Rednapp. So Alan Smith to do commentary I guess. Remember to cancel your subscription.

You couldn't make it up... it's like they're not even trying to hide their allegiances!

If it were Hoddle, Jamie Redknapp and, er, who else... Steffan Freund commentating on an ArseAnal match, their cunty little fans would no doubt create an online petition that would break the Internet!

but as it is, we have to grin and bear it...

ARSKYNAL indeed!

Time well tell how costly this match there are a lot of positives to take away.

We obviously haven't hit our stride yet, but we will and it will be lovely

That was a shit game of football, disgraceful performance from Sunderland and I hope they go down. All the best to Harry, not only for us having to play without him but I feel for him as he was just getting going and it looks like 3 months out if not for a miracle IMO.

I hope they stay up. 3 point banker. Please can we play teams like this every week!

Time well tell how costly this match there are a lot of positives to take away.

We obviously haven't hit our stride yet, but we will and it will be lovely

Only thing that matters is the win, however the goal came. Just hope Kane and dier aren't serious injuries. Yes we have a squad but need Kane fit.

Some people here really expect to win every match 5-0 with 80% possession and no shots against. Everything else means we're shit, even when 3rd in the league, undefeated and with the best defence.

To be fair, didn't West Ham have 70% possession yesterday and come away with a 2-4 defeat... it could be worse!

Most annoying stat of the weekend is that ArseAnal were the only team to win away... all the rest were home wins!

#Arsey!

EDIT: ahem, except Liverpool of course... who beat Chelsea away... which was nice of them!

But Fridays' don't count!

...unless you're Tranmere Rovers or Southend United!

Last edited:
We're top 4 now, just need to make sure we can hang on in there until the end of the season now. Obviously don't want to go in underestimating Boro but that's a must-win because Man City are an unstoppable juggernaut at the moment and we have a very tough November incoming so need to amass as many points as possible before then.

3pts is the main thing. Fully deserved.
But the injuries are a big worry. I guess we got very lucky with injuries last season so was bound to happen.

3pts is the main thing. Fully deserved.
But the injuries are a big worry. I guess we got very lucky with injuries last season so was bound to happen.
Kane is the only one that worries me. The others looked like tired legs that stretched a bit too far.

I think Janssen can deputize, but that twist looked pretty bad and I hope there's no real damage. Kane could maybe use the rest.

On my way back from WHL.

Not the best game, it has to be said. We looked very tired, especially in the second half. Sunderland were so fucking dull. At 1-0 they still didn't really go for it, so we didn't get the space we might have hoped for until right near the end.

A win after the CL loss is important and it's still just the start of the season, but I just hope we are being careful with players' fitness as we did seem shot to bits.

Rest and recuperation for Kane could be good for him, but our striking options are something of a concern. Didn't realise Soldado had come back...

On my way back from WHL.

Not the best game, it has to be said. We looked very tired, especially in the second half. Sunderland were so fucking dull. At 1-0 they still didn't really go for it, so we didn't get the space we might have hoped for until right near the end.

A win after the CL loss is important and it's still just the start of the season, but I just hope we are being careful with players' fitness as we did seem shot to bits.

Rest and recuperation for Kane could be good for him, but our striking options are something of a concern. Didn't realise Soldado had come back...
You and Joe Clash Joe Clash need to sit down and have a talk about your avatars. Draw straws or flip a coin, whatever you like.

Sissiko looking every inch the 30 million marquee signining :dembele:

but seriously, at least walker looks more solid defensively with Sissoko sitting in front of him.

Son was immense.

Alli wasn't poor by any stretch and davies isn't shit, to those of you who think he is get a grip.

Back
Top Bottom