Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isco could have helped, not Ronaldo/Bale level which is why he isn't in the first 11 for RM but certainly at Sanchez/KDB level and the type of player we lack.

As for striker not many around, in the prem you have Ibrahimovic and Aguero, I think Lacazette is a proper player but £50 million is steep.

I'm pretty confident we can do well this season and will be top 4 or thereabouts. Next season while we're away is going to be tough. A lot of potential pitfalls there. Really need to hang on to the best in our squad and, above all, ensure Poch isn't tempted by any top european jobs. After we're settled in to New Hart Lane it's the glorious new future and domestic and european domination for a generation beckons. <fingers crossed>

Nice to see Son have a consistent and strong performance that I think most people will recognise. He showed a lot of energy throughout and was trying to take players on, cut through their defence and mix it up a bit. Several of his crosses in the first half deserved more. Hope he stays confident as we might really need him over the next few weeks.

The rest of our midfield was very disappointing. I was quite excited that we had Dier, Dembele, Wanyama and Sissoko on from the start. It looked, on paper, like a very powerful unit that could blast Sunderland to bits. That so did not happen.

Not sure I have ever seen such a one sided game, may be the 9-1 against Wigan, but then Martinez still had his team trying to take us on, but fuck me just like a Pullis side they came here for a nil nil, imagine having to support that shit. That said fair play to the Sunderland fans who were quite in the first have but must have sung for most of the second.

Thought Son was fantastic, easily MOTM, constant threat with his runs and also his work rate tracking back was faultless too. Whipped in some beautiful crosses. Just how good is Walker too, he is becoming a smart FB, in past seasons he would have attacked the ball/man rather than drop to his line. Liked the look of Sissoko too.

Hope injuries are not major concerned for us, but for the first time I think I can ever remember saying this we have great cover, so I'm not sweating.

Unbeaten, 3rd and only 4 points behind the greatest team on planet earth apparently.

Well-deserved win today. Almost spilled my beer when Walker saved the day. Son had an amazing game today. Good crosses, passes and chances. I am excited to see how he plays the rest of this season!
If we talk about league points, we are doing fantastic. But, injury wise, I am a bit worried about this coming week and the following week. Rose is out; Kane and Dier may be out; Davis looked like he took a bad kick to his ankle. On the other hand, it is time for our bench players to show us what they've got, I suppose!

Well-deserved win today. Almost spilled my beer when Walker saved the day. Son had an amazing game today. Good crosses, passes and chances. I am excited to see how he plays the rest of this season!
If we talk about league points, we are doing fantastic. But, injury wise, I am a bit worried about this coming week and the following week. Rose is out; Kane and Dier may be out; Davis looked like he took a bad kick to his ankle. On the other hand, it is time for our bench players to show us what they've got, I suppose!
We were arsehole lucky with injuries last year,compared with some. So maybe we getting ours this season.

Kane will be out until after the international break. Looked like a severe sprain, see that lot in basketball with the rolled ankles. Hope it's less than that but I'd be surprised if he's back for Man City.

Well that was harder than it should have been.. That's not down to us being poor but yet ANOTHER team setting up with no intention of playing football but stopping us playing.
Time and time again we came up against 8,9 even 10 defenders.. Sick of it.

I thought the team selection was a bit weird, especially the back four when Davies was on the bench?

Son had a good game and majority of chances were created by him. There was one or two occasions where it would have been better to pass than shoot but other than that he was excellent.
Apart from a couple in the 2nd half, his corners were superb and it's unbelievable that one of them wasn't taken.

Pity about the injuries but on the whole 3 points was the goal today and we got them.. Can't remember the last time we were undefeated in the first 5 games.

Listened to the game on 5 Live, Alan Green and Steve Kerridge.
Or was it the 'Let's Slag Spurs off, For Fun.' Show.
Miserable chiseling, bastards.

I wouldn't worry about them saddo's.. All the pundits and media hate the fact that we are in the CL.. It really is getting to them.
The stick we got for losing our first game in the CL was hilarious.
They went on about how poor the fans were at Wembley blah blah blah, yet we were 10 times louder and better than West Ham and their abortion of a stadium fiasco, yet they barely got a mention.

It's jealousy my friend, jealousy..

Back
Top Bottom