Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today Son reminded me how dangerous a corner can actually be. Over recent years they've been about as potent as a throw-in.

Some of them went a bit weak in the second half but the ones in the first half were proper whipped on crosses, as you say we should have taken 1 or 2 of them.

I wouldn't worry about them saddo's.. All the pundits and media hate the fact that we are in the CL.. It really is getting to them.
The stick we got for losing our first game in the CL was hilarious.
They went on about how poor the fans were at Wembley blah blah blah, yet we were 10 times louder and better than West Ham and their abortion of a stadium fiasco, yet they barely got a mention.

It's jealousy my friend, jealousy..

The reason we must get out of the group. Can you imagine the taunts if we are 'invited' to join the Ropey League?

Yeah, kane will be a huge loss.
I like the look of janssen but I think he will score about as half as many as kane.
He is a handful when ever he has come on.
This is where the others will have to chip in with a few more goals.

Also we gotta pray janssen doesn't get injured.
I think I would rest him for gillingham & save him for boro.
Put son upfront against gillingham.

There's another Harry....winks. deserves a go. Good experience for him. I'd play him instead.

Harry getting dropped for a few games would be... an injury is never good.
...having the option of him coming on from the bench taken away is no blessing... however good the disguise!

Agreed. Rooney, for instance, getting injured would be a blessing in disguise because it means his respective managers wouldn't be obliged to pick him and their teams would probably benefit as a result. Hell, they'd probably even be able to use it as an excuse to begin phasing him out. Dream scenario.

Despite Kane not being in his best form and in need of a rest, him being injured is not the same as having a rest. We don't even know how bad it is or how long it's going to take for him to get back to match fitness yet. So yeah, this is not a blessing in disguise at all. It's potentially left us very thin up front during a busy run of very important games.

Harry getting dropped for a few games would be... an injury is never good.
...having the option of him coming on from the bench taken away is no blessing... however good the disguise!

Agree with the point about having the option. I really don't know what is wrong with people who are calling for him to be dropped or giving him stick. His goal tally, performances and what he has given us the last two seasons is nothing short of world class and cos he has had a few bad games we are forgetting all of that. He started last season slow and was still top goal scorer. He is one of the reasons why we are even in the champions league. He looks tired and has played a lot of games and then the euros on top. Show him some support people ffs.

Performance was good; result was perfect; should have scored more; shame about all the injuries we picked up, hope none of them are serious; Son MOTM.

Today Son reminded me how dangerous a corner can actually be. Over recent years they've been about as potent as a throw-in.

Pfff, clueless! The Eriksen-bashing changes form.

People seem to forget that we scored the most goals from set pieces in the PL last season.

Pretty potent throw-ins, eh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom