Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's Monday 19th September and we're fucking 3rd in the league, all whilst not playing particularly well and flying under the media radar again. The Kane injury is a worry, however he's looked leggy this season even having scored two on the bounce. Give Janssen some games and let's see if he is an able deputy. It's a squad game and we'll need the ones on the bench to be ready to do a job.

#happyclapper #COYS

Last edited:
Slept with Moyses daughter.
to be fair... she's the image of him;
David-Moyes-1878429.jpg

...liking the plunging V neck top... would defo see a bit o'flat'titty in the bigger picture...

Seeing that Son had a good game yesterday we need to find a scapegoat really quick. Eriksen! No, he wasn't playing. Mason?? Shit, he's been sold.

Lazy Sissoko and Vincent can't hit a cow's ass with a banjo Jannsen it is!
They are clearly not good enough. Until they are, then they are amazing. Fickle fans.

Seeing that Son had a good game yesterday we need to find a scapegoat really quick. Eriksen! No, he wasn't playing. Mason?? Shit, he's been sold.

They are clearly not good enough. Until they are, then they are amazing. Fickle fans.

I still blame Sol for leaving when he did... and changing the power shift across London!

Is HE alright to have as a scapegoat?

I hope Kane hasn't done any ligaments and just overstretched hem.
Good sign was he was able to put a bit of weight on it.
Hopefully it will be similar to the racist from SW london's ankle injury.

Pochettino has said that Dembele and dier had cramp & will be available. It was precautionary taking them off..

Made me roll up when the pundits were questioning whether the game on Wednesday, combined with the intense training is a cause of the injuries.
They conveniently seem to forget that last season was no different, we played Thursday & Sunday and trained hard and managed injuries very well.

I hope Kane hasn't done any ligaments and just overstretched hem.
Good sign was he was able to put a bit of weight on it.
Hopefully it will be similar to the racist from SW london's ankle injury.

Pochettino has said that Dembele and dier had cramp & will be available. It was precautionary taking them off..

Made me roll up when the pundits were questioning whether the game on Wednesday, combined with the intense training is a cause of the injuries.
They conveniently seem to forget that last season was no different, we played Thursday & Sunday and trained hard and managed injuries very well.

Ah but they were not running the extra yards that the Wembley pitch has to offer? Love the way the media like to portray everything in a negative light. Saying that the state of the pitch at Wembley, it looks like it still needs sorting out compared to the carpet that The Lane.

Dembele was only on his second appearance back for us, he's still a few matches off from being able to complete a full 90. Dier has played a lot recently, giving him a precautionary rest would be a good idea.

We were already miles behind tbf. However, Sol for a million reason will be hated in 200 years. And rightly so.
I know.... and THAT'S WHY he left!

I was merely trying to detract from having any of our CURRENT players made as scapegoats, by using a 'common footballing villain'!
... it serves no purpose to scapegoat current players, other than to alienate that player, and drive a wedge between fans.

We've had plenty of 'current player scapegoats' in the past; Chris Armstrong, Paul Stewart, Darren Bent, Helda Postiga (notice the positional theme developing??)

Please don't let's have Vincent Janssen added to their number... it does nothing for confidence... except chip away at it.

Besides, we're bigger and better than that now... we were in a dark place back in the mid-late '90s!

The manager for being so petty that he would shift both Jan and Eric out of their usual positions rather than just one of them and play Wimmer?

Also is Nkoudou on the naughty step already?

I had a talk with 3 geezers behind me after the Monaco game. My first words were that we should have taken our chances.
One of them replied it was the same old story.
It is a bit of a worry. Do Keepers have worldies with us or is it bad finishing? Why do we always seem to need 25 chances to score a goal?

It's not bad luck because it was happening last season.
We created more chances than anyone but converted very little of them. Whereas other teams, like LCFC for instance, converted more with less.
Don't get me wrong, if we were not creating them it would be more of a worry.
However, if you look at this chances to conversion table you'll see only Everton have had as many shots on goal as we have and look where we are.
Premier League - Conversion rate 16/17 | Transfermarkt

last season we wiped the floor with everyone and had 260 shots on goal, the next nearest to us was Woolwich with 232.
We scored 69 goals the most in the league.
Yet look at our conversion rate. It was the same as Newcastle's who had 100 less shots on goal.

Premier League - Conversion rate 15/16 | Transfermarkt

You forgot to mention Michel "only made 8 appearances, but who cares, lets fuck him off anyway' Vorm and Danny 'he's shit, he's not shit, he's shit again, no, he's good again' Rose.

I know.... and THAT'S WHY he left!

I was merely trying to detract from having any of our CURRENT players made as scapegoats, by using a 'common footballing villain'!
... it serves no purpose to scapegoat current players, other than to alienate that player, and drive a wedge between fans.

We've had plenty of 'current player scapegoats' in the past; Chris Armstrong, Paul Stewart, Darren Bent, Helda Postiga (notice the positional theme developing??)

Please don't let's have Vincent Janssen added to their number... it does nothing for confidence... except chip away at it.

Besides, we're bigger and better than that now... we were in a dark place back in the mid-late '90s!

I agree.

Part of the issue was that the players mentioned above were always average strikers, I was lucky enough to see Archibald, crooks , lineker and klinsmann play up front, all genuine strikers, before that we had the likes of gilzean, chivers, greaves, smith et all.

The club has always had top strikers and maybe was not so good defensively!!!

But we need to give all the new guys time to settle in, that shot from Vincent yesterday smacked of a player who is too eager to show what he can do, the lay off into lamela would have won him as many plaudits as taking a shot. Poch needs to manage this but Gillingham at home is a great opportunity

Back
Top Bottom