Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Walker-Toby-Wimmer-Davies (If Rose isn't fit)
Wanyama-Dembele
Lamela-Alli-Son
Janssen.

Jan awful at Monaco, deserves to be dropped. I hold him directly responsible for the first goal and several times throughout the match it was "Sherwood Jan" who simply backs off..and off....and off...and does nothing.

Dier was poor at Monaco and doesn't seem up to full speed, whereas Wanyama does and knows the system. He could drop deep and fill the same role without much effort.

Dembele is an obvious one. Came on and played well.

Lamela deserves a start, even if Monaco wasn't his best game.

Alli looked better at Monaco, seems to finally be getting back to his old self.

Son for his two goals.

Janssen because Kane has been...off form.

Do I think any of this will happen? Nah. Poch has his favourites and barely ever changes.

If Lamela was abysmal,. what was Eriksen?

Lamela came out of it with an assist and a dangerous shot at goal. He looked pissed and like he wanted to make amendments for his lead up to conceding.

I didn't even notice Eriksen. Ghost.
Thought Eriksen was slightly better than Lamela tbh.

Jan awful at Monaco, deserves to be dropped. I hold him directly responsible for the first goal...
Dier was poor at Monaco and doesn't seem up to full speed, whereas Wanyama does and knows the system.
Lamela deserves a start, even if Monaco wasn't his best game.
Alli looked better at Monaco, seems to finally be getting back to his old self.

Son for his two goals.

Janssen because Kane has been...off form.

Do I think any of this will happen? Nah. Poch has his favourites and barely ever changes.

I and 85,010 others may be wrong, but i'm sure the game was at 'home' last night!!!

...unless you mean that Jan, Dier and Dele played for Monaco, and no one noticed?

So close, yet so far </3

Sissoko is a shit AM.
Well, that's where he has been playing for us so far, so that's where I expect him to play. Mind you, he's not really a CM either though, not in a midfield 2 at least. His best position seems to be the right-sided midfielder in a 433, a position which we don't have due to our formation.

You'd prefer Sissoko in central midfield? We've already seen what no discipline can do to us.

I think he's the Dembele back up. Said it several times and pointed out why.

1 - They both fulfil the same purpose. Dembele has strength and dribbles past people to link up the midfield with attack. Sissoko does the same; he has strength and pace and will simply brush people aside.
2 - Poch statement. "Without Dembele we are nothing", said joking or otherwise do you think he'd make a statement like that, let Bentaleb and Mason go and not buy anyone to replace them? Wanyama has no relation to Dembele.
3 - Poch beds people in on the right wing. This has happened with Dembele, it happened with Son and it happened with Alli. When a player first joins the club Poch tends to give them minutes on the right wing to get them use to the system before moving them. Why the right wing, I don't know, yet it consistently happens.
4 - Sissoko isn't a goal threat. With the system we play we need our AM's to bring a threat and support the striker. Alli, Lamela and Eriksen all got 10 or around 10 goals. Even Son.

Sissoko
2015/16 - 1 goal, 39 apps
2014/15 - 5 goals, 38 apps
2013/14 - 3 goals, 38 apps
2012/13 - 4 goals, 40 apps
2011/12 - 2 goals, 37 apps

Do you think this 27 year old man is suddenly going to turn around, find his goal scoring boots for the first time in his career and get us 10+ goals this season, when he has 15 goals in 5 years, an average of 3 per season? It isn't going to happen. He isn't meant to score.

So then, perhaps it doesn't matter how much he scores as long as he provides plenty of assists to make up for this? Not the case.

2015 - 8 asissts
2014 - 2 assists
2013 - 6 assists
2012 - 4 assists
2011 - 3 assists

Lamela (10), Eriksen (16), Alli (11) all destroy him. Even Son provided 5, and people largely call that a failed season.

For me it's obvious he's a CM option. I find it very strange that people believe he will be a Right AM. Sure, Newcastle put him there. And got relegated. I wouldn't exactly take their positioning and decision making as a pristine example of how to use a player.

Not sure about the XI, but Dier, Dele and Kane really, really, really, like, say, really needs to be rested.

As in needs to be rested, because they are barely making team average rather than carrying it.

Hardly a disaster. We have Vic, Vince, Dembele and others gagging for a game.

I think he's the Dembele back up. Said it several times and pointed out why.

1 - They both fulfil the same purpose. Dembele has strength and dribbles past people to link up the midfield with attack. Sissoko does the same; he has strength and pace and will simply brush people aside.
2 - Poch statement. "Without Dembele we are nothing", said joking or otherwise do you think he'd make a statement like that, let Bentaleb and Mason go and not buy anyone to replace them? Wanyama has no relation to Dembele.
3 - Poch beds people in on the right wing. This has happened with Dembele, it happened with Son and it happened with Alli. When a player first joins the club Poch tends to give them minutes on the right wing to get them use to the system before moving them. Why the right wing, I don't know, yet it consistently happens.
4 - Sissoko isn't a goal threat. With the system we play we need our AM's to bring a threat and support the striker. Alli, Lamela and Eriksen all got 10 or around 10 goals. Even Son.

Sissoko
2015/16 - 1 goal, 39 apps
2014/15 - 5 goals, 38 apps
2013/14 - 3 goals, 38 apps
2012/13 - 4 goals, 40 apps
2011/12 - 2 goals, 37 apps

Do you think this 27 year old man is suddenly going to turn around, find his goal scoring boots for the first time in his career and get us 10+ goals this season, when he has 15 goals in 5 years, an average of 3 per season? It isn't going to happen. He isn't meant to score.

So then, perhaps it doesn't matter how much he scores as long as he provides plenty of assists to make up for this? Not the case.

2015 - 8 asissts
2014 - 2 assists
2013 - 6 assists
2012 - 4 assists
2011 - 3 assists

Lamela (10), Eriksen (16), Alli (11) all destroy him. Even Son provided 5, and people largely call that a failed season.

For me it's obvious he's a CM option. I find it very strange that people believe he will be a Right AM. Sure, Newcastle put him there. And got relegated. I wouldn't exactly take their positioning and decision making as a pristine example of how to use a player.

France used Sissoko as RAM and he was excellent there for them. What he did at Newcastle was kind of irrelevant, they were a nothing team with absolute clowns in charge. The fat Spanish waiter also played him RAM and got the best out of him.

Just a heads up, there's going to be a round of applause for an old mate of mine, who sadly passed away on the 6th. Feels so odd to have something like this happen to someone you know, he was a proper yid through and through and has had a shit time with illness his whole life. Always had a smile and would always talk Tottenham, whenever I bumped into him. I can't make the game but hopefully you boys who will be there can do me proud, I know his family are going to really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom