Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We did play 3 at the back at Vicarage road last season.

But that also saw us play with Trippier and Rose as wing backs. We have ZERO wing back in this formation, don't you dare tell me Son either because he can't defend worth of shit.

This is clearly Dier at centre half. Walker right back and Vertonghen at left back with Dembele and Wanyama in central midfield and the three behind Kane being Sissoko, Alli and Son.

Lamela AND Chris dropped? Or is rested the more appropriate term? Chris seemed to be coming along form wise and Lamela has been contributing on the stat sheet. No problem with it, obviously, just curious.

Do we really do rotation these days? I feel odd. Do we have an actual SQUAD finally? Time will tell.

P.S: probably should've rested/hooked Harry as well tbh. Here is hoping he gets going today! COYS

We did play 3 at the back at Vicarage road last season.

But that also saw us play with Trippier and Rose as wing backs. We have ZERO wing back in this formation, don't you dare tell me Son either because he can't defend worth of shit.

This is clearly Dier at centre half. Walker right back and Vertonghen at left back with Dembele and Wanyama in central midfield and the three behind Kane being Sissoko, Alli and Son.

You are right people are looking too much into it, he moves personnel in the depth chart rather than change whole formation and philosophy most of time, it's 4231

So all these formations with -'s tell us what? Once the game starts the players seem to become quite imaginative with these formations damn them. It seems the content of the lineup is more telling.

The board can now proceed to pelt me with any desired phrases I am unable to take offense to as I don't know what they mean.

Yours
Dafty American Spurs Fan

Very bold from Poch, may work may be a disaster but certainly shows Poch has more than just a plan A.

Surprised Janssen didn't come in for Kane as Kane seems to be very leggy at the moment, not so surprised by Eriksen.

I know people on this forum say this and that about you must play whoever but no-one should be a certainty. Lloris was off form for much of last season, even he should be pressured. For me only Dembele over the past year or so is close to undroppable based on performance.

Very hard to predict how we are going to play TBH.

Most interesting for me is that we're going to have pace on both wings for the first time since AVB days of Bale and Lennon.

Odd line-up indeed. Especially moving Jan to LB and Dier into CB when ..

1. Toby and Jan is the best CB partnership in the league.
2. Poch only the other day said CCV deserved to be in the starting eleven ... why not start him today then
if you need to move Jan out wide?
3. We have a full time LB in Davies available. Poch must feel Davies was a guilty party on Wednesday night.

Lets see how the game pans out. It's either a master stroke, or a grade A fuck-up.

Either way, it's a massive kick up the arse to those he has dropped to the bench.

2-0 Spurs. Alli and Son.

Hmmm... Very strange linup with

Verts - Toby - Dier - Walker​

as Defense. Only Walker plays in his regular role. Hope Poch knows what he does...

Back
Top Bottom