Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched about 30 minutes of the Sunderland - Everton match when it was 0-0. Sunderland are still pants, but they are less pants than usual it looked like to me. Gooch is pretty aggressive and Defoe can still surprise. We still possess so much more quality then they do. Nothing is certain in the EPL though so I'm sure it will be harder than it should be.

Predict a dodgy start before we settle in.

2-1 Spurs

I watched the whole game wanting them to beat the Bindippers mk2 but they were gash!

What was worse was that they gave up long before the end in front of their fans and new manager!

Almost on a par with what the Chavs did to Jose

Almost but IMO nothing could ever stoop that low

We get an early goal floodgates might open

COYS

Starting to feel, much like the Monaco, game that we are underestimating Sunderland and expecting a walkover. I hope the players don't feel the same.

Saying that. 5-0 win. Defoe hattrick. Kane with the other two.

Okay so Rose not ready, Nkoudou won't play and there could be rotation according to Poch - here's what I want/hope

Lloris

Walker Toby JV Davies

Wanyama Dembele

Sissoko Alli Eriksen

Janssen

Two ways I look at this match.

One is that Sunderland may seek to take advantage of our stuttering performance of midweek and try to take us on or we could possibly steamroller them.

If we score early I see a landslide but get parity at half-time and who knows.

I definitely Janssen has to start over Kane this weekend. Kane is still finding his rhythm and right now looks like the player he was when he was on periphery.

Maybe a benchwarm will give him a chance to get himself back in tune.

For me, if fit, Kane always starts

He's our No 1 striker

Didn't we have a similar argument about Loris and Vorm when some were suggesting that Vorm kept his place when Loris became fit?

FFS

:llorisunsure::kanewtf:

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "It's true that after Wednesday I am thinking about rotating the team a bit.

"We'll see what happens tomorrow when we assess all the players and take the best decision for the team."

For me, if fit, Kane always starts

He's our No 1 striker

Didn't we have a similar argument about Loris and Vorm when some were suggesting that Vorm kept his place whenbecame fit?

FFS

:llorisunsure::kanewtf:
Normally I would agree, ive always backed him and want him to get through this uncomfortable period he seems to be going through. Janssen needs to play and Sunday is a good oppertunity to start.. Kanes recent form, he seems to have lost that energy which may come back if the new man starts scoring ahead of him.

For me, Kane starts but off at half time if he scores in the first half, or shortly after if he scores in the second. Maximise the effect on his confidence and his fatigue.

I never like predicting wins, feels like tempting fate. With Dembele back and a strong start we should have enough.

That said I have seen enough sides come to the lane and dig in for the draw and I expect Sunderland to be no different. The only thing is I don't think they're defensively strong enough to handle us.

Even with the Stoke result I don't think we're firing on all cylinders. Which is good because we're still unbeaten in the league. Also the draw against Liverpool is looking like a better result than we originally thought. That is slightly over simplifying it though, Vorm saved us in that game.

I would like a 2-0 with Kane and Janssen scoring and a really dominant performance. I think a 1-0 with a late late winner from Alderweireld from an Ericksen set piece is the likeliest though.

Back
Top Bottom