Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given that so many admire our transfer stance I am surprised that more aren't moaning about us not facing a full strength United squad.

ForcefulBothCrow-small.gif

Poch will have the lads up for this big time.
3 massive points. Media hype over Manure's recent run. Media hype over our Managers future.

I have a feeling that players and manager alike will put on a show. Spurs 4-1.

I don’t think Olé has the tactical nuance to play any other way that his team has.

He’s got a bit of a feel of Ardiles about him , manager-wise

I don’t think Olé has the tactical nuance to play any other way that his team has.

He’s got a bit of a feel of Ardiles about him , manager-wise

That's an interesting comparison.

Look I think confidence is nearly everything and no doubt United are playing with much more since Mourinho left. It makes such a difference.

It's on us though because we sit 3rd, have achance to go back into 2nd (and remind a wholly disrespectful media) that at least points-wise there is a 3rd team in the title race and because it is another chance for us to create distance.

If we are on it, if Kane dominates 2 defenders who are good but not brilliant, if Alli and Eriksen fire (Tuesday both wete pushed back from their normal game) and if Alderweireld and Davinson continue to be solid we will win. One assumes Lloris will keep his mind in check for the duration.

But you see this sometimes. A manager can have a sensational start that just goes on and on and on.

But no Sanchez (always plays well against us), no Fellaini, for that physical goal threat, no Smalling and whatever anyone says no Mourinho is a different and I would say less difficult test.

A 7 day break after this (which will seem like a lifetime) is all the incentive needed for one big push.

Our players have every incentive to show United and Pochettino we are the club for his future. (assuming we are not running down the playing resources to have a squad of 16 players that is!!!)

Can't make the game today as too ill.
So, have a spare ticket if anyone wants it. Will need to collect from Stockwell station. It's in the lower tier (row 23). Will sell it at face value: so £33.
Give me a shout if interested.

Can't make the game today as too ill.
So, have a spare ticket if anyone wants it. Will need to collect from Stockwell station. It's in the lower tier (row 23). Will sell it at face value: so £33.
Give me a shout if interested.

£33 is very cheap, is it an OAP ticket?

Trains, planes and automobiles. Flown up from Cornwall this morning, just got off the train and I'll be needing a taxi to get me home later. The hat-trick - hope it's worth it. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom