Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we should have back Vertonghen, Dembele and Lamela. Though doubtful if Dembele will be included.

Moura is not certain option (might be available, might not), if he makes it, he will be on the bench.

Dier and Wanyama are still certainly out.

What I really like is that our win tomorrow would put us 10 point ahead of 5th place. That is quite a buffer, ain't it! So come on guys. Make it happen!!

I'd like to see -

-------------Lloris------------
Aurier--Toby--Jan--Rose
-Winks-Sissko-Eriksen--
--Alli-----Kane----Son----

or alternatively

-------------Lloris------------
----Toby--Foyth--Jan----
Trippier--------------Rose
---Sissko---Eriksen-----
-----Alli---------Son-------
----------Kane--------------

PS Now looking at those, I would even prefer 2nd option. I watched the Newcastle game and when their players took room from ManUre players, they really-really struggled for chances. Our players are way superior to Toon ones, so we can contain them better, and certainly be bettar on the attacking side as well :)
COYS! Leave the 3pts at home. Don't care how!!!
Liking the 2nd line up there. Perhaps seeing Dele and Eriksen swapping position from time to time to give them a big problem.

A quick question. Have we actually used a back 5 this season? I seem to remember we went straight into a back 4 with Toby getting the nod alongside Jan from the start.

Can't remember it happening.

Doh! How did that slip the memory? So it's not very likely something we have been working on this season. I guess a back 4 then for Utd.

Only other time I can remember us playing it this season was Fulham and they got through us with ease. Changed to a back 4 and won 3-1.

I wouldn't be against 3 at the back tomorrow though with Alderweireld, Sanchez and Vertonghen to make up for a lack of real holding midfielder.

Certainly when Son leaves too.

Only other time I can remember us playing it this season was Fulham and they got through us with ease. Changed to a back 4 and won 3-1.

I wouldn't be against 3 at the back tomorrow though with Alderweireld, Sanchez and Vertonghen to make up for a lack of real holding midfielder.

My thoughts also. Their attack shouldn't be underestimated.

However looking at their missing players their back four has to be..

Dalot--Lindelöf--Jones--Shaw

Gives us a very good chance.

My thoughts also. Their attack shouldn't be underestimated.

However looking at their missing players their back four has to be..

Dalot--Lindelöf--Jones--Shaw

Gives us a very good chance.

Play the same way we did against Chelsea then they will destroy our midfield. Man Utds attack is alot more threatening than a strikerless Chelsea.

Well given recent performances and most likely line-up (that does not include Lukaku) I would actually rather see Foyth. I do not remember game from recent past where Sanchez has not made a mistake.
Plus Foyth is better with the ball/under pressure - this trait helps to compensate for the lack of DM better in my book.

And once more - when Newcastle played compact defence (I mean think of abilities of their defenders vs ours) they kept ManU quiet. The opening goal really game from Dubravka mistake and 2nd goal was purely down to the Toon players chasing the equaliser too eagerly.

So basically all the shite players are out.

Pretty much.

Only Bailly would have played and he's suspended anyway. At a stretch Valencia might have but the defensive line up is what we all expected a week ago anyway.

Young - Lindelof - Jones - Shaw​

Think Guido posted in here that we haven't lost at home to them since 2012!!
Well you’ve well and truly gone and shite on that now haven't you
:deledoubt:
Joking aside tho, I think we should get Alli to sit tight and keep an eye on Pogba for the 90mins.
Lamela has a very good record against them also, and I’d be tempted to involve him too if possible.

Back
Top Bottom