Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boy did I enjoy that. That definitely got the old juices flowing after a few weeks of a meh kind of feeling.
That game had everything.
This fixture is definitely turning into a big grudge match, there is always drama.

What the fuck was VAR doing regarding their penalty. It seemed like a good 3 minutes or more and several passages of play before they bought it back, fucking mental.
Then that cheating little Cunt Sterling diving about like a salmon out of water. One thing is for sure, after Lloris’s penalty save and all the commotion that followed, it certainly fired the crowd up. The best rendition of oh when the Spurs in the new gaf was heard just after.
Sterling g should have had a red early on by the sound of it?

Some great performances, also some poor ones. Great to see the new lad get on the score sheet, will do his confidence the world of good.

The best thing for me today was the old team spirit returned. All the players were patting each other on the back and all joined in for the goals. It was great to see and proof that the two bad eggs were Eriksen and Rose.

Absolutely loved it.

Can we keep all this no DM and No Striker stuff in the transfer moan thread now.

Windows shut, this is our squad, now it’s on to City and support the boys that are here.
I’m intrigued as to how we will set up.

I can see us winning this.

Not our best performance but loved the fight and grit that our boys showed. MOTM between Tiddly and Gio, IMO, and a shout out to Hugo for showing more passion in that game than I have seen in the whole of his time with us.
Steven took his goal brilliantly, hope it was only cramp and he'll be ok for Wednesday. Sonny was poor, but took his goal well. Dele seemed to be carrying an injury, still think he could do a job for us at centre forward, as we are crying out for a target man.
But all in all, a good day at the office. You can spout all the stats you want, but the table will only show a win for us, plus three points, two goals for and none against!

Think I'm in love with Gazza...

0_GettyImages-1203590834.jpg

Having watched the MOTD highlights again, I am still disgusted by that Sterling decision. That's a fucking ankle breaker, and that's the kind of thing we want punishing the most. What do they (the referees assoc) mean "no intent to injure" that's fucking completely irrelevant, no player would say they are intending to injure.

I also think, for the second time in a big game (Liverpool being the other) that Aurier's penalty decision was also very harsh, considering how long they looked at it, he doesn't actually touch in any discernible way Aguero, and in the context of many of our penalty decisions this season's that was extremely harsh.

I support VAR, want it, think it's a good thing in general, but the issue is still the idiotic decision making of English referees who are wasting a good opportunity to take pressure off themselves. There was no subjectivity in that Sterling decision at all. He misses the ball and goes studs first out of control into another players ankle which clearly bends. It was a miracle Alli wasn't fucked quite badly.

Last edited:
Alf deserved what he got.

And anyway, it is a player's right to leave a bit on another player. It is part of the game of football. Anyone against it is against the game.

Not for the first time on here you’re talking crap

That was a disgraceful challenge by that coward Roy Keane
‘Hard Man’ my arse
Dave Mackay would have had him for breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom