Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not really sure what we could have done considering we had to play a midfielder at centre back and Dawson against te league's from striker. Then we lost Sandro in defensive midfield with no one to replace him because he was at centre back. And don't even get me stared on Kyle naughton. Avb didn't cover himself in glory tonight but there were a fuck load of mitigating circumstances for that result. And that's not even allowing for the red card that really could have been a yellow 8/10 times

I'm kind of on that boat. I know Capoue 'has' played as a centre back before but he was all at sea today. We have been 'unlucky' with the injuries but we should have bought in a better CB in the summer who could keep Daws out of the team. It's at least the third time i've seen him try to play Naughton at left back and he should have realised it was a fucking awful idea after the first. Also don't know why we have 3 good centre backs injured and a left back, what the fuck is going on in training to cause that?? Could be bad squad management. We spent £100mil and still have areas in the team where we are not covered for injuries, that is not acceptable.

I'm not really sure what we could have done considering we had to play a midfielder at centre back and Dawson against te league's from striker. Then we lost Sandro in defensive midfield with no one to replace him because he was at centre back. And don't even get me stared on Kyle naughton. Avb didn't cover himself in glory tonight but there were a fuck load of mitigating circumstances for that result. And that's not even allowing for the red card that really could have been a yellow 8/10 times

I thought you were going to shoot yourself?

:levyeyes:

It got a good laugh out of me. Pretty much the only reason I stick around these match threads whenever we lose, you get to see some golden comments after. the loss at home to Basel last seasons when Bale got injured brought out some of the funniest posts I've ever seen here.
Well if it made just one person feel a little better after todays horror show then I feel better too. Cheers mate.

AVB Feel for him really. Losing your far n away best player and then having to cope with trying to fit all these new pieces together. He is obviously not succeeding but he deserves a bit of patience which likely won't happen.

And just imagine BR minus Suarez this year. Would be quite different for him as well

1) DAWSON......... SHIT. I WOULD RATHER HAVE MIKE WILLIAMSON AS A CENTER BACK.
2) NAUGHTON............. CONFERENCE NORTH PLAYER
3) PAULINHO............ DECENT PLAYER, GIVEN F@@K ALL DIRECTION AND CLEARLY DOESN'T KNOW HIS ROLE UNDER AVB
4) DEMBELE....... GOOD PL STANDARD PLAYER. AVB IS RUINING HIS CAREER PLAYING HIM THE WAY HE DOES.
5) SOLDADO..... ABSOLUTELY STARVED OF ANY SERVICE. I FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUY.

Mitigating circumstances don't make up for the fact that we are still turning out with a lone striker formation that doesn't work, that we looked lacking in confidence today and that we pretty much imploded at 10 men rather than play for dignity to prevent more goals.

AVB Feel for him really. Losing your far n away best player and then having to cope with trying to fit all these new pieces together. He is obviously not succeeding but he deserves a bit of patience which likely won't happen.

And just imagine BR minus Suarez this year. Would be quite different for him as well

ya suarez got two goals and two assists otherwise it only would've been 1-0 or even 0-0

I've said it before after the City game. The players know we have no way of getting ourselves back into the game whenever we go more than a goal down.

Its so hard to watch.

Back
Top Bottom